Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 09, 2017, 09:41 PM
Bruce
The Lexan body looks different than the ones I have seen from Dean Tech? Is this a new body?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 10, 2017, 03:31 PM
The front 75% is an SB5 body.
Jan 02, 2018, 05:09 PM

1/8th bike

Where can I get tyres and rims. Also what about spares back up.
Jul 11, 2018, 04:03 AM
Did anyone buy one of these, the Fijon branded one? Any confirmation if it is a rebranded dean tech gt913 or is it a different manufacture that copied the gt913? Ive been out of the hobby for a few years but this keeps popping up on one of the heli sites I buy from and at this price itís got me tempted. Iím used to tinkering so not worried if there is a bit of tinkering involved to get it running well.
Jul 26, 2018, 11:57 PM
Well decided to pull the trigger, the bike was $216us with free shipping to my country

It was packed well enough but the box still got some damage in transit but everything inside is ok
Jul 27, 2018, 12:37 AM
Great, looking forward to seeing this get built I googled dean tech the other day and the vid that came up was quite amazing.
Jul 27, 2018, 01:32 AM
Keen for a trip south to have a run with you when you get it together.
Jul 27, 2018, 02:34 AM
Sounds good, might have to wait for the weather to warn up and the rest of my bits to arrive
Jul 27, 2018, 05:46 AM

Fijon motorcycle

Have to wait for the weather to warm up!! We have had like a heatwave here in north Europe for the past two month. Just reminds how we are a world wide group. Good progress with your built.
Erling.
Last edited by gnilre; Jul 27, 2018 at 05:52 AM.
Jul 27, 2018, 05:58 AM
Managed to get some build time tonight, kids in bed early.

The bike has gone together well so far, the spokes are really tight in the rims, I wont be using them as I have a set of pre mounted roadies coming.

The forks seem to have a nice smooth action, although the triple clamps look a little on the thin side, not sure how well they will hold up in a crash.

I didn't mount the crash bars in the position the manual suggest but there was some pre drilled holes in the rear sub frame that seem to be a better location for them, I wasn't a fan of the rollers with my SB5 but ill give them a go on the FJ913 as that's all it comes with.

It also came with a 27T pinion a aluminium servo horn and a bike stand.
Jul 27, 2018, 07:43 AM
looks nice, I think its built to this sort of spec, its a low quality youtube vid but you get the picture, fast and stable Seems to wheely down the straight almost every lap

Dean Tech GT913 1/5 RC Competition Grade Superbike (2 min 51 sec)
Jul 27, 2018, 03:14 PM
Yep, after building it Iím certain it is just a rebranded Deantech GT913 not sure how they are half the price of the original.

Things to note on the build, no nylock nuts in the kit, I replaced 3 with nylocks one on the belt tensioner and the 2 on the swing arm, Iím sure just using loctite on them would have been fine but I had some nylocks lying around so swapped some of them out. Itís a kit so you have to assemble everything but the metal swing arm centre comes assembled there is no loctite on the 4 screws holding it together from the factory.
Jul 28, 2018, 01:06 AM
So is it all good quality?
Jul 28, 2018, 02:52 PM
Iíll let you know once Iíve had a few crashes, I think for the price itís great, I havenít run mine yet as Iím waiting for a few things to arrive. But it went together well no screws stripped or anything during the build. There is no racing where I live but I do intend to have it on the track I know I will have to tweak a few things to get it running well but should all be pretty minor. At this stage I would buy one again.
Jul 28, 2018, 06:16 PM
RCMJ has many FJ913 videos and pictures

https://www.facebook.com/groups/rc.m...japan/?fref=nf

Quick Reply