Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by bluem6, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 26, 2017, 10:35 PM
Yippee!

Hellbender 122 back from the dead.....

My Hellbender 122 back from the dead. The other day during maiden it took a tumble and found out ESC1 was completely destroy and motor. I have no clue as what happened but after a few day of troubleshooting I still could not find the cause. So after a few visit to Dr. "Hakko" found not only the esc/motor was bad but the flight controller as well. Signal pin was shorted to ground for some reason and there was no visible traces of burn component on the flight controller. To be on the safe side, I decided to elevate the ESC off the carbon fiber frame a bit more so that + and - was not touching the carbon fiber. Electrical tape and wrap on those pins and rewrap to the arms. But doing so leave no room for the rear arm to hold the ESC and the motor wires. The wires are now 90 degree from the arm. This is probably one of my uglier build but at this point I just want it to fly lol. I did a quick maiden in the garage and a few punch out and so far so good....

Build parts:
1. Hellbender 122 frame (nice looking frame, different from my X frame with a little more room to work)
2. RacerStar 15A esc (I know why they discontinue these, the throttle range is not the greatest...especially around mid point. Even the older
LittleBee is better then these ESC)
3. Emax 1306 4000kv (these are some of the smoothest 1306 motors I have tried, the bearing and even at max throttle on 4S it has very little
vibration. No wonder they cost an arm and a leg...probably cheaper now)
4. PikoBLX (this is my favorite fc for small/light build as it has almost everything that you need...5V 1.5A bec for those AIO, SBUS, SAT. and
working telmetry...what else could you ask for?
5. FrSky D4R with working telemetry
6. AKK AIO 25mw camera/vtx (for now)..
7. Will be running on 850mah 4S with HQ 3030. DYS 3045 is a bit much or maybe it was on a hot day...

I think it's about 136gr and still under 250g with the 4S.

Let's hope that it will stay in the air a little longer then 2 minutes at the park.........
Last edited by bluem6; Jun 26, 2017 at 10:40 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 27, 2017, 12:29 AM
Dear sir and madam.
My name Binh from Viet Nam.
I very like UAV toy and i want proproduct UAV biggest for selling or for playing and for tracking anything from sky sir.
Pls contact to me soonest.
I want my UAV can flying with big heavy and longtime flying on the sky. 48 hours or 72 hours or 10 days or longest on the sky.and can flying with 200 kg to 5000 kg and up to.. and flying 12 km on sky highest . UAV best i need.pls sent to my email: facenotess@gmail.com
I need any company help me product out engines in my want like this sir.and give me price...
Thanks
Feb 14, 2018, 07:12 AM

100% Loan for your deals!

We are looking for viable projects in need of capital injection through loans or direct investment funding.
Should you have a worthy projects do contact me via email: jon.krueger@outlook.com

Quick Reply