This thread is privately moderated by fastmax, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 26, 2017, 11:40 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Mini-Review

GB90 A Unique Brushless Micro FPV Racer

Lately, it seems like there are new micro, brushless quadcopters being released almost every day. Many of these new micros are very similar to one another either in terms of hardware, and or appearance. One of the micros to recently hit the market though has a different, and uncommon design. The GB90 has a carbon fiber frame that completely surrounds the motors, and props, much like a Tiny Whoop. This quad also has two of its motors inverted which is something very unique to this particular racing drone. Two motors are installed in the typical manner, and two are mounted upside down. I am anxious to see how well this works, and if there are any noticeable differences in performance, or handling.

This quad comes equipped with an F3 6DOF flight controller, an FX798T AIO FPV camera, 4 LittleBee 12A Opto Pro ESC's, and DYS BE1104 4000kv motors. This set up is designed to run 3 inch props, on 3s batteries. I have a good feeling that this will be an excellent performer. (flight video coming soon)

Because of the way the carbon frame surrounds the props and motors, the quad itself actually has a physical size of about 165mm even though it is classified as a 90mm quad based on the distance diagonally from motor to motor, which is 88mm. The upper and lower carbon plates are 1mm each, and are held together by 9 aluminum stand offs. The fully assembled quad comes in at 80 grams without battery. My test flights will be done with a FuriBee 620mah 3s that weighs 46 grams.

All in all I think this is a really neat quad, with its unique design, and motor layout. I am anxious to get it in the air and report back on flight performance. As soon as weather permits, I will get some flight video and get it posted. Until then here are some pics. This quad can be had as a PNP model without receiver for $145 shipped in the USA. Click me. Shipping rates will vary to other countries based on your location.

Happy Flying!!
Last edited by fastmax; Jun 30, 2017 at 11:17 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 27, 2017, 11:39 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
CleanFlight screenshots added above.
Oct 09, 2017, 11:43 AM
BG addict.....
Any feed back to flight behaviour? I am interested how the over lapping props and the inverted mounting worked out. 4000kv motors rfly.... hope this does too!
Oct 09, 2017, 11:50 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
It flies pretty well. I don't really notice any difference in handling between this, and a standard layout. I think it is well worth the current sale price of $75, but I don't know if I would recommend it at the full price with so many other great options out there in the same $150ish price range.

Quick Reply