This thread is privately moderated by phil alvirez, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 26, 2017, 06:34 AM
Thread OP
Idea

if you get lemons...

you can make lemonade!
years ago, i used to fly at a park nearby. quiet, a deadend road, no trafic. a pond nearby. swans, geese. i flew my umx radian, a 29" foamy so stable, and as it has gyros, even with some wind and turbulence, i had the time of my life. i kept it at the back seat of my car and flew it almost daily. whenever i drove around.
then the weather deteriorated extremely windy and turbulent. rain, storms. then the city decided to open the road, plant trees all around, light poles...
as a consequence, it has become quite a challenge to fly there. and depending from where the wind blows, it even becomes more challenging.
but still is flyable. and the good thing is that i have gained experience, so i can manage. that is the good side of the picture. and now am flying a umx radian without gyros. it happened because i wore out the tracks of the servos of the stock and as i had a spare brick of the previous generation, when there were no gyros yet, i installed it and she flies fine. shakey, but still controllable. more challenging, but still a great plane even without gyros, i can tell you.
my reactions have improved. at my age (82) i get marks that place me at 50 at the test. so, i make lemonade... and enjoy life
this is the test: https://www.justpark.com/creative/reaction-time-test/
try it. you will improve your reactions
life is good.

this is the plane: umx radian: http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...rodID=EFLU2980
Last edited by phil alvirez; Jun 30, 2017 at 09:40 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply