de Havilland Sea Vixen - Page 3 - RC Groups
Jun 30, 2017, 11:47 PM
Tony Audsley Retired Locksmith
Bit more build

Lockey
to remove ads between posts
Jul 01, 2017, 03:23 AM
Careful,.. confident,.. CRASH!
Thats some beautiful curves Lockey. Hk foam......well you know my thoughts.... being positive --- very limited uses.

Depron is the best stuff... the more you roll it , the better results you get.
Love the little spring that left in your roll,. Im workimg on a magnet-less hatch for round fuselages.
Will post my results....
The Pittbull is nearly ready for a maiden. Then it's on to this beauty!!
Jul 01, 2017, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukejet
Thats some beautiful curves Lockey. Hk foam......well you know my thoughts.... being positive --- very limited uses.

Depron is the best stuff... the more you roll it , the better results you get.
Love the little spring that left in your roll,. Im workimg on a magnet-less hatch for round fuselages.
Will post my results....
The Pittbull is nearly ready for a maiden. Then it's on to this beauty!!
Look forward to seeing your magnet-less hatch Duke .. also looking forward to the maiden

Lockey
Jul 01, 2017, 06:29 AM
When cows fly!
Wow! Looking good Lockey
Jul 01, 2017, 06:47 AM
Looking great Lockey! Not much progress with mine our eldest has loads of friends round for his 11th birthday and I have do do Dad stuff like BBQ, pitching tents etc.

Noisy buggers they are!
Jul 01, 2017, 09:33 AM
not real happy with the belly pan and turtle deck but for now it will have to do

Lockey
Jul 01, 2017, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockey
not real happy with the belly pan and turtle deck but for now it will have to do

Lockey
Is that bit tricky due to the 'm' shape which then blends into a round at the front? I guess the options would be to split it into more parts or just get artistic with the old sanding block.

It looks fine to me though!
Jul 01, 2017, 06:06 PM
When cows fly!
Yup, pretty good representation considering you aren't doing fiberglass, and molds or carving out of blocks of foam! I bet it is gonna fly great! Stick a big old motor up its arse and give it 4s
Jul 01, 2017, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorchythebear
Is that bit tricky due to the 'm' shape which then blends into a round at the front? I guess the options would be to split it into more parts or just get artistic with the old sanding block.

It looks fine to me though!
Maybe in 2 parts like this Adam .. would give more definition to the belly pan

Lockey
Jul 01, 2017, 10:21 PM
Maybe if you make 2 V-cut like this to help the creases and glue them before rolling the 3 parts. You will have to guess the angle of the Vcuts but it shouldn't be too hard.
Jul 01, 2017, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wessone
Maybe if you make 2 V-cut like this to help the creases and glue them before rolling the 3 parts. You will have to guess the angle of the Vcuts but it shouldn't be too hard.
You are right mate, might be worth a try

Lockey
Jul 02, 2017, 12:30 AM
Wow Tony, you have out done yourself this time, this looks amazing.

Kev.
Jul 02, 2017, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco1
Wow Tony, you have out done yourself this time, this looks amazing.

Kev.
Thank Kev, are you going to have a go at this one ? .. if it flies OK I think I will make the next one the de Havilland Vampire, fuselage might be a bit easier

Lockey
Jul 02, 2017, 05:13 AM
More build

Lockey
Last edited by Lockey; Jul 02, 2017 at 06:26 PM.