de Havilland Sea Vixen - Page 12 - RC Groups
Jul 26, 2017, 11:34 AM
I think there was a James Bond movie (with Roger Moore ?) where they barrel rolled a Mustang over a river.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 26, 2017, 07:59 PM
Tony Audsley Retired Locksmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumo004
I think there was a James Bond movie (with Roger Moore ?) where they barrel rolled a Mustang over a river.
You know, I seem to remember that too? but was it done for real ?

Seems it wasn't http://jalopnik.com/the-james-bond-c...-mo-1711459704

Lockey
Jul 26, 2017, 08:33 PM
That article is a little misleading. It wasn't a computer generated image used in the movie but that a computer did all the number crunching to prove that it could be done.
Apparently they used a AMC Hornet ........ should of used a Mustang. It would have been cooler
Jul 27, 2017, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumo004
That article is a little misleading. It wasn't a computer generated image used in the movie but that a computer did all the number crunching to prove that it could be done.
Apparently they used a AMC Hornet ........ should of used a Mustang. It would have been cooler
I remember that! A Morris Minor would have been more impressive. One of the Traveller Estates with wood on Just imagine it.....Barrel rolling over the river at 15mph!!

I glued my rolled parts tonight, and added filler where the joins were less than perfect (almost no where of course ). Tomorrow the wing....again
Jul 27, 2017, 07:00 PM
Hey .. looking good Adam .. Both the parts and the car .. love the old Moggy Minor

Lockey
Jul 27, 2017, 07:48 PM
Retired CAD guy
NICE WOODY !

Here's another woody from a nearby car show a week ago.
Jul 28, 2017, 03:14 AM
My Dad has a Morris Traveller. Nearly 50 years old and going strong.
Jul 28, 2017, 08:46 AM
Nice old cars .. talking of things made from wood.. I have been making a vacuum box for my CNC machine and skimming the bed and box

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0#post37992113

Lockey
Jul 31, 2017, 06:03 PM
Careful,.. confident,.. CRASH!
Hey Guys.... I've gone from slow to stop at the moment....
My boys brought home a virus from school, needless to say I got it....

Will be parked up for a bit.
Jul 31, 2017, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukejet
Hey Guys.... I've gone from slow to stop at the moment....
My boys brought home a virus from school, needless to say I got it....

Will be parked up for a bit.
I was almost never ill until we had kids. Marvellous isn't it? My only conciliation is, that at the age of 36, I gave my son chicken pox when he was 10 months old (he's 10 now). Sadly, he wasn't bothered about them whereas I was laid up for a fortnight!

Get well soon mate!

Currently my sea vixen wing is squished under some books while the glue dries and everything else is about done!
Aug 08, 2017, 12:50 PM
I just couldn't resist! Half Pint at 60% scale. Still comes in at just over 20" WS. Using 3mm depron. Yes, I have a stash. More to come.

Ksqm
Aug 08, 2017, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksqm
I just couldn't resist! Half Pint at 60% scale. Still comes in at just over 20" WS. Using 3mm depron. Yes, I have a stash. More to come.

Ksqm
Hey ksqm, looking good mate .. is that ALL 3mm Depron ? look forward to seeing more of your build

Lockey
Aug 12, 2017, 10:32 AM
Finally ready for painting!
Aug 12, 2017, 03:07 PM
Careful,.. confident,.. CRASH!
Wow Adam! Looks great mate!.....
Aug 12, 2017, 05:29 PM
Looks fantastic mate can't wait to see her fly

Lockey