BluFO XL from RACores - RCGroups Review - Page 6 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Sep 08, 2017, 07:02 PM
Kit Manufacturer
coreman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by killickb
Fun model but I keep diving into the ground because I loose up elevator control! Haven't figured if it is too fast, surface blowback or pushrod bending. Of course if I could remember to roll and push I would probably survive.
I updated the kit to include a piece of CF across the rear edge of each elevon and that greatly improved it. If you throttle back they also become more effective. If you have some scrap CF or even a bamboo skewer you can make the mod. If you used the standoffs the pushrods shouldn't bend

Jim
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 11, 2017, 10:25 AM
killickb
killickb's Avatar
My kit did not include but added carbon strip to the t.e. of elevens based on comments in this thread. Using two pushrod standoffs per elevon. Tried shutting down motor when in dive but needs quite a lot of altitude to recover and my throws are already greater than sugguested. Going to move c.g. back for next flights which won't be until. We return from Irma Hiding.
Sep 11, 2017, 12:13 PM
Kit Manufacturer
coreman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by killickb
My kit did not include but added carbon strip to the t.e. of elevens based on comments in this thread. Using two pushrod standoffs per elevon. Tried shutting down motor when in dive but needs quite a lot of altitude to recover and my throws are already greater than sugguested. Going to move c.g. back for next flights which won't be until. We return from Irma Hiding.
Sorry, I haven't shipped any of the upgraded kits yet but I posted the mod here so existing ones could be updated. Good luck with Irma
Oct 05, 2017, 06:51 PM
Held by Grace
BDOG1's Avatar
Hey Jim :
It was nice talking to you at Neat ,I am already putting the carbon you supplied to good use.
Here is a photo of my XL, sorry I did not get it out to the noon time show but I really enjoyed it with the night flying ... needs more lights though.

Mike
Latest blog entry: Wings on the Hill 6/14/18
Oct 07, 2017, 03:55 AM
Kit Manufacturer
coreman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDOG1
Hey Jim :
It was nice talking to you at Neat ,I am already putting the carbon you supplied to good use.
Here is a photo of my XL, sorry I did not get it out to the noon time show but I really enjoyed it with the night flying ... needs more lights though.

Mike
Looks awesome Mike. They do seem to night fly really well. I've got to get mine lit as well

Jim
Oct 07, 2017, 09:50 AM
Registered User
stanordave's Avatar
maidened the EEP BluFO yesterday.. now to get an XL...
Oct 07, 2017, 10:21 AM
Held by Grace
BDOG1's Avatar

Blu FO's - Must Hav's for Your Hanger !


That's Funny Dave:
I bought my XL kit the week before The Neat fair and had it together with lights to fly at Neat.
I enjoyed building it and the way it fly's so much that I bought the regular size one at Neat and will put it together this fall/winter.
Great Product, Great supplier !
Keep them coming Jim
Latest blog entry: Wings on the Hill 6/14/18
Oct 07, 2017, 10:53 AM
Kit Manufacturer
coreman's Avatar
Thanks guys. Keep buying, we'll make more (apologies to Doritos)
Oct 07, 2017, 08:23 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
BrownEyedFool's Avatar
One of my two favorite night flyers these days. Everyone needs one they make you look like a good pilot
Oct 08, 2017, 08:22 AM
Held by Grace
BDOG1's Avatar
Yes - Not everyone can fly Strikers at night ....
Or wants to
Latest blog entry: Wings on the Hill 6/14/18
Oct 09, 2017, 08:55 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
BrownEyedFool's Avatar
I don't fly strykers at night. Anymore. Sold it. It flew at night at neat just not by me
Jan 21, 2018, 12:10 PM
Registered User
cflchurch's Avatar
Thoughts on a 70mm edf and 4s 3300? Or maybe twin 64mm's? I like my blufo and might want the xl but with edf power. I still want it on the lite side so maybe just a single 70mm . Anyway I appreciate your input. Thanks.
Jan 22, 2018, 05:08 AM
Kit Manufacturer
coreman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cflchurch
Thoughts on a 70mm edf and 4s 3300? Or maybe twin 64mm's? I like my blufo and might want the xl but with edf power. I still want it on the lite side so maybe just a single 70mm . Anyway I appreciate your input. Thanks.


Well, it's not a speed demon so I'm not sure you will get going fast enough for the fan to be efficient. The prop version has a pitch speed of 35mph. One of the things I think you would need to address would be the rigidity for the mount/power transfer to the airframe. I know Joel (MetroGTI) had an EDF version of the original BluFO in his design craziness


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log BluFO Parkflyer Build Log MetroGTi Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 573 Feb 03, 2018 01:06 PM
Article FPV/ROG BluFo at SEFF Jason Cole Foamies (Kits) 0 Apr 27, 2017 01:02 PM
Review The RA Cores BluFO Review Jim T. Graham FPV Aircraft 4 Jun 27, 2016 11:29 AM
Yippee! JasonJetskis BLUFO! THE sub micro bl quad thread!! microkites Coaxial Helicopters 66 Dec 29, 2009 05:53 AM