DJI Dashboard - Modding tips, tricks and results - OFFICIAL THREAD - Page 99 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 14, 2017, 11:21 PM
Ya know.. there's a lot of brew-ha-ha over these "NFZ"s, but very little actual facts floating around about exactly where and where NOT these modded apps and parameter tweaks allow people to fly. Some of the vagary is because app releases have been flowing forth at a rapid pace, not all apps work with all craft firmware, and when people report that they did such and such with release so and so.. I rarely see them specify the LEVEL of said "NFZ". (There's 3 or 4 ya know that cause "hassle" afaik)

I think speculation, jubilation, and hand-wringing as well, over much of this NFZ stuff is WAY premature until the dust settles and the modders get further along, and testers can feed back more succinct info.

The height mods, well I can't comment but I CAN assure the hand-wringers that I for one haven't been able to get Spark motor activation in a certain red NFZ close to the DC beltway.
Last edited by JD4x4; Jul 14, 2017 at 11:28 PM. Reason: ____ Yet :-)
to remove ads between posts
Jul 14, 2017, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD4x4
Ya know.. there's a lot of brew-ha-ha over these "NFZ"s, but very little actual facts floating around about exactly where and where NOT these modded apps and parameter tweaks allow people to fly. Some of the vagary is because app releases have been flowing forth at a rapid pace, not all apps work with all craft firmware, and when people report that they did such and such with release so and so.. I rarely see them specify the LEVEL of said "NFZ". (There's 3 or 4 ya know that cause "hassle" afaik)

I think speculation, jubilation, and hand-wringing as well, over much of this NFZ stuff is WAY premature until the dust settles and the modders get further along, and testers can feed back more succinct info.

The height mods, well I can't comment but I CAN assure the hand-wringers that I for one haven't been able to get Spark motor activation in a certain red NFZ close to the DC beltway.
My P4P ignores NFZs with the change of 2 parameters. No hand wringing req'd.
Jul 14, 2017, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Pitman
My P4P ignores NFZs with the change of 2 parameters. No hand wringing req'd.
^ This
Jul 15, 2017, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by techspy
Yep. No reason to change unless you want to use the goggles which would require at least 700. Which at this time is difficult to get to now.
I'm good then, Thanks
Jul 15, 2017, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SasquatchLabs
Correct... Android KitKat runs on the Mavic, Spark, Inspire2, and Phantom 4 series.
And yet, they run better on IOS ??

bob
Jul 15, 2017, 12:32 AM
Is that "Android to iOS" device switch (for the sake of FCC use in Europe) still valid? Not really interested in other mods or h4kz; yet I'm so close to purchasing a cheapo android device, just to start (and keep!) my RC in FCC mode and then move to my beloved, stable iOS. For it doesn't seem that we will have a "fixed" app for iOS anytime soon, sadly...
(oh and thanks to all the work done by people here; greetings from a fellow flyer from another forum - the nick should be recognizable by some of you folks here
Jul 15, 2017, 01:01 AM
Pedantic Thinker
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelgtr
And yet, they run better on IOS ??

bob
Please show me a Mavic running *internally* on Ios.... we are discussing internals, not your phone choice.
Jul 15, 2017, 01:53 AM
Pedantic Thinker

Pyduml root + downgrade firmware images are out... (All in one)

Current pyduml:
https://github.com/hdnes/pyduml/comm...56e5a2f68e1b99
Current *combined* root/.400 Mavic downgrade.
(you can't see this unless you give me your GitHub name via slack)
https://github.com/MAVProxyUser/dji_...e357c777675250

$ python pyduml.py /dev/tty.usbmodemXX
55 16 04 FC 2A 28 65 57 40 00 07 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 27 D3
55 0E 04 66 2A 28 68 57 40 00 0C 00 88 20
55 1A 04 B1 2A 28 6B 57 40 00 08 00 00 18 54 07 00 00 00 00 00 00 02 04 94 0B
55 1E 04 8A 2A 28 F6 57 40 00 0A 00 86 B3 22 02 66 12 E9 6F A0 93 73 BC 85 60 67 4A 6E 18
Firmware Upload Complete
(wait 5 minutes, like for real!)

# telnet 192.168.42.2 1234
Trying 192.168.42.2...
Connected to 192.168.42.2.
Escape character is '^]'.
id;
uid=0(root) gid=0(root)

for ADB access...
rm /data/.bin/grep; (via telnet)

sh-3.2# adb devices
List of devices attached
RedHerringHasFangs device

sh-3.2# adb shell
root@wm220_dz_ap0002_v1:/ #

To make your own:$ cp UniversalFireworksTar_dji_system.bin mavic_combined_400_root.bin
$ gtar --concatenate --file mavic_combined_400_root.tar V01.03.0700_Mavic_dji_system.bin
$ tar tvf mavic_combined_400_root.tar

Jul 15, 2017, 03:52 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by techspy
Ah ok. Thanks for the info. I guess the holy grail would be an app that simply notifies you of an NFZ but allows you to just click agree or ok and carry on.
There is ongoing work to try and make it happen by getting red zones handled like yellow ones, i.e you get the warning and must tick the boxes but can fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD4x4
I rarely see them specify the LEVEL of said "NFZ". (There's 3 or 4 ya know that cause "hassle" afaik)
Always all of them.
Last edited by Kilrah; Jul 15, 2017 at 04:28 AM.
Jul 15, 2017, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfred
V22 Bug Report
Using a Note 3, V22 crashes after long pressing 3-line button on go fly page. This is the firmware check function, and the app straight dies every time. Also definitely laggy compared to 4.0.7. That's my results.
You can rebuild without that patch.

Quote:
RemoveFwUpgradeService:
This will stop FW Upgrade Service to start, this way the app does not know which firmware the aircraft is running. This might be useful for people on old firmware versions
Jul 15, 2017, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capra Vecinului
Is that "Android to iOS" device switch (for the sake of FCC use in Europe) still valid? Not really interested in other mods or h4kz; yet I'm so close to purchasing a cheapo android device, just to start (and keep!) my RC in FCC mode and then move to my beloved, stable iOS. For it doesn't seem that we will have a "fixed" app for iOS anytime soon, sadly...
(oh and thanks to all the work done by people here; greetings from a fellow flyer from another forum - the nick should be recognizable by some of you folks here
iOS patched config file works well and verified it works in a CE country. Got well over 1km away in a CE country. Search Hak5 forum on 32ch and fcc configs.
Jul 15, 2017, 04:27 AM
Happy FPV flyer
This guy needs to be arrested, surely he was too high and in an NFZ
Jul 15, 2017, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah
This guy needs to be arrested, surely he was too high and in an NFZ
Yea but the bigger question is, where ever did he get that custom skin for his Spark?
Jul 15, 2017, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCBrent
iOS patched config file works well and verified it works in a CE country. Got well over 1km away in a CE country. Search Hak5 forum on 32ch and fcc configs.
Great! Funny I was actually following that forum, but totally different threads (still also related to the FCC topic).

Ups, the download file appears to be gone (or so it looks like, based on the sweating, clueless file pic)
Jul 15, 2017, 06:24 AM
Open the bay doors... HAL
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatR
Perhaps, but many have well established themselves as reckless and unthinking. You Tube has provided proof of that for years. They can't seem to limit themselves.

I don't like DJI's software, love their hardware, but without education we end up with chaos.

Sorry, but it's true.
Then DJI should have pushed for education or certification instead of telling its customers to "take it or leave it" with their "we know best attitude".

Like everything else, there's always a bad side to anything good.....

This isn't Philosopy 1.0 so this will be my last post regarding pilots that are interested in more than safe flying.