Jul 05, 2017, 03:28 PM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
Just a word of warning I would suggest not posting links to modified fw or apps here, while the prams thing is purely accessing an existing hidden feature redistributing modified app or fw is a VERY different thing legally.

We don't want to get RCG into a position where they have to take action.

Just a suggestion.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 05, 2017, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by techspy
As for the whole privacy issue, I know it has been said before but just it reiterate, DJI is a communist company working under a communist government. There really is no way to emphasize that enough. Morals and views on the rights people have are vastly different between communism and democracy.
Regardless of where a company that provides an app is based, I would suggest that it would be wise to assume that pretty much any well written app you use these days is sending data home about how you use it, often where you use it and in some cases what is going on around you while you are using it.

Without wishing to feed paranoia too much, I have been approached on more than one occasion by companies wanting to buy sensor data to be harvested from users of apps I was responsible for. Always refused btw.

There is a lot of money to be made from this sort of data unfortunately and it is way more prevalent than most realize and it is far from just being a 'communist' thing...
Jul 05, 2017, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telrin
Regardless of where a company that provides an app is based, I would suggest that it would be wise to assume that pretty much any well written app you use these days is sending data home about how you use it, often where you use it and in some cases what is going on around you while you are using it.

Without wishing to feed paranoia too much, I have been approached on more than one occasion by companies wanting to buy sensor data to be harvested from users of apps I was responsible for. Always refused btw.

There is a lot of money to be made from this sort of data unfortunately and it is way more prevalent than most realize and it is far from just being a 'communist' thing...
Oh I agree. Pretty much any company can and has tried to get private data in less than "above board" ways. It is just that in a country where they don't have to follow any rules, it is even more likely to be an issue.
Jul 05, 2017, 03:50 PM
Must Stop Buying More Stuff
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlo
Someone posted this in Facebook

Atti Mode (via sport mode button)
Haven't seen this posted before, so I thought I would share the ability to set Atti via the Sport mode button - given to me by an unnamed source.
The default settings are:

g_config_control_mode[1] (switch_selection_1) 8 = Sport Mode
g_config_control_mode[2] (switch_selection_2) 7 = GPS Mode

Changing either to 6 will add beginner mode on the switch
Changing either to 3 is ATTI so you can either change GPS mode or Sport Mode position.
Did anyone try this yet to confirm it works??
Jul 05, 2017, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad808
Did anyone try this yet to confirm it works??
Sending you a PM
Jul 05, 2017, 04:10 PM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
Yes that is correct.
Jul 05, 2017, 04:26 PM
Help! I'm a Newbie
I haven't tried the atti mode yet
Jul 05, 2017, 04:41 PM
Happy FPV flyer
Atti mode is the real game changer.

The other things are cool to keep handy just in case for that one occasion where they might be needed, but ATTI is a real step towards added safety and control in everyday situations.

Who's going to be the first to try 1 or 2 for Manual? I might be tempted. After the job I might have to do at the end of the week with my Mavic though
Jul 05, 2017, 05:05 PM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
That atti mode instructional, if it works, is gold. i'll test it right now.
Jul 05, 2017, 05:20 PM
Help! I'm a Newbie
The only thing which one you rather lose, gps mode or the sport mode. I wish we can enable by switching it back and forth twice
Jul 05, 2017, 05:22 PM
Happy FPV flyer
Sport for me of course.
Ideally someone figures out a way to make an android app that allows easy reconfiguration on the field
Jul 05, 2017, 05:23 PM
HEADS UP!!! All mavicpilot forum threads about any type pf modification have been deleted!!!!
Jul 05, 2017, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by samd12
HEADS UP!!! All mavic forum threads about any type pf modification have been deleted!!!!
For clarity, you are talking about the Mavic Pilots forum I assume, not the Mavic threads in this forum?
Jul 05, 2017, 05:28 PM
As soon as the money talk gets loud enough it will happen here. People don't like to lose advertising revenue. Start something up at DroneVibes.
Jul 05, 2017, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telrin
For clarity, you are talking about the Mavic Pilots forum I assume, not the Mavic threads in this forum?
Yes I corrected post, sorry for confusion.

Quick Reply