Jul 04, 2017, 04:13 AM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bunker
Hi - I wonder if anyone can help me get DJI Assistant 2 Beta 112 working. I downloaded the zip from a link & notice it's not an install, just the files.

When I run the DJI Assistant exe on on windows 10 PC, it connects to the Mavic, but shows the device as 'Little Pilot' & is not able to detect the firmware version so I can't access the parameters & make changes.

I also have v1.09 installed & that works ok.

Any ideas ?

Many thanks

Paul

Just let it sit there on the fw screen, it could take a while for it to some up.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 04, 2017, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah

Absolutely nothing exciting nor any "proof". You can already fly 2500-3000m in CE mode.

sorry Mr i know it all.. i COULD NOT and probably others can NOT !
when i did my test in CE mode i could reach 100 and i've lsot 100% contact ... when it went back in RTH i could gain signla back only at 700 meters..
while in FCC mode i had not once signal lost and signal was FULL BAR till the top---
Jul 04, 2017, 06:10 AM
jab
jab
Unregistered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by SasquatchLabs
Thanks for all the fish P0V! What a great time to live in the "right to repair" debate!
We haven't always seen eye to eye, but on this issue we are in 100% agreement me thinks.
Jul 04, 2017, 06:17 AM
jab
jab
Unregistered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatR
Who cares what wind speed is sensed? If the wind is blowing hard enough the tops of the trees are touching the ground it's too windy to fly. What ever happened to using the Mark 1 eyeball for a wind gauge?
Inexperienced pilots are often surprised by the wind being much stronger once you get out of the ground buffer zone. My guess is that originally this is what the "High winds" messages was all about. But since they don't really have a way of measuring real airspeed, and are just eyeballing it using aircraft drift you end up getting lots of false positives that is more of an annoyance then useful.
Jul 04, 2017, 07:19 AM
Open the bay doors... HAL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Pitman
We're trying to ratchet down the pokes and provocation on both sides of every issue, please ! Stating your opinion is fine but try not to poke the other guy.

How about those Parameters?

Message received....

P.S. Stating your opinion through silence DOES accomplish the same objective.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatR
No it doesn't.

Do love a good debate but I have to weigh whats more important to this thread...

- Keeping it free of passionate arguments that start out informing people but quickly become tests of will as to who is "more" right.
OR
- Saying what you truly believe once (maybe twice ) and then just learning or contributing something of technical value to help others.

Opting for the latter....

Engaging Stealth Silence mode now....
Jul 04, 2017, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robca
and the end of the DIY market
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah
Bahahaha You probably mean rebirth?
Might even be the "spark" (pun intended) for some entirely new 3rd party industries....

You actually have to thank DJI for their hubris.... without that sense of invincibility we'd all still be marching in lock step.
Jul 04, 2017, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SasquatchLabs
Thanks for all the fish P0V! What a great time to live in the "right to repair" debate!

We've found that this likely translates across the entire modern product line. Spark, Mavic, Inspire 2, and Phantom 4. We've followed in your footsteps and rooted / jailbroken the DJI Spark. It seems you either found a magic location that was *not* in /system (perhaps /data?), or the rumored "patch" from DJI was to simply "ro" the /system partition.

https://github.com/MAVProxyUser/P0VsRedHerring

DJI Independence Day - Spark Rooted July 4th (P0V retro sploit) #Jailbreak (video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTQ_CTih1HM
This is big. I can't wait to see what this opens up!

Some Hopes;

- Complete Mavic image download with all current settings etc
- Ability to tweak what you want in the image while in the desktop environment.

Just think if you could make whatever changes you want on any FW, send it to the Mavic and have it "report" whatever you want back to the DJI servers? I would love to see the ability to run a fake DJI authorization server on my PC and have my Go app check with it for the "No FW update needed" and "No NFZ update needed" approvales. I am sure the coders out there have an even better idea in mind.

Happy INDEPENDENCE Day!
Jul 04, 2017, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwallersv
Well, guess I didn't make the cut somehow for the FB group. Tried to join, answered all three questions right, never heard back.

I'm not worthy for some reason.

Too bad. I'm an engineer and hacker, really wanted to join in the effort to figure all this stuff out.
Maybe you were just destined to help in the area that best fits the grand scheme of things to come.....

P.S. FB is too close to Chaos Theory anyway....
Jul 04, 2017, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad808
I am working on my Blog to consolodate all the info in one place. If you guys want something added that will help others, post it in this thread and I will take a look at it. I also am looking at tips from the FB page, (hate FB) and will add as I find them
If possible, what's probably most needed INMHO is some sort of directory in the blog.... areas of interest are going to be pretty widespread and just being able to QUICKLY find one's particular area of interest needs to made easy.
Jul 04, 2017, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_focus
Are you sure? That version # does not appear in the release notes.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/dji_...ease+Notes.pdf
Jul 04, 2017, 08:09 AM
Pedantic Thinker
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab
We haven't always seen eye to eye, but on this issue we are in 100% agreement me thinks.
*salute*
Jul 04, 2017, 08:16 AM
foamies never die
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucefalo
sorry Mr i know it all.. i COULD NOT and probably others can NOT !
when i did my test in CE mode i could reach 100 and i've lsot 100% contact ... when it went back in RTH i could gain signla back only at 700 meters..
while in FCC mode i had not once signal lost and signal was FULL BAR till the top---
There must be somehting about the location(s) you fly in that CE mode is not doing well in. As always the environment makes a massive difference to the range, so it is good to hear that FCC mode has made a big difference for you
Jul 04, 2017, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Hi - I wonder if anyone can help me get DJI Assistant 2 Beta 112 working. I downloaded the zip from a link & notice it's not an install, just the files.

When I run the DJI Assistant exe on on windows 10 PC, it connects to the Mavic, but shows the device as 'Little Pilot' & is not able to detect the firmware version so I can't access the parameters & make changes.

I also have v1.09 installed & that works ok.

Any ideas ?

Many thanks

Paul
What are trying to do with the beta version of Assistant? Developer mode works with all the public versions of the Assistant as far as I know.
Jul 04, 2017, 08:20 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucefalo
Then there's something really wrong either with your hardware or you're an a terribly polluted environment and you'd probably want to fix that.
It's not at all what you're supposed to get from a Mavic regardless of CE/FCC.
Jul 04, 2017, 08:21 AM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Quote:
There must be somehting about the location(s) you fly in that CE mode is not doing well in. As always the environment makes a massive difference to the range, so it is good to hear that FCC mode has made a big difference for you
And just thinking of that, if the area is highly congested with local traffic. He now has circumvented local law and is blowing out their connections??? Not Judging just saying.

Quick Reply