Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Apr 16, 2018, 01:38 PM
That's why I used "several" as opposed to "every". And the ones I have, would have certainly qualified for a special version if it did exist. Perhaps something has changed in the past couple of weeks since my last interaction but I doubt it.

Just to add, I can confirm that it is possible to remove all limitations on any FW and it doesn't lock the modded FW to a specific bird or s#. So, IF they did offer it, it is likely that it would be spread around and shared, which it hasn't. Just my 2 cents. Not going to elaborate further.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 16, 2018, 09:21 PM
Must Stop Buying More Stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by techspy
That's why I used "several" as opposed to "every". And the ones I have, would have certainly qualified for a special version if it did exist. Perhaps something has changed in the past couple of weeks since my last interaction but I doubt it.

Just to add, I can confirm that it is possible to remove all limitations on any FW and it doesn't lock the modded FW to a specific bird or s#. So, IF they did offer it, it is likely that it would be spread around and shared, which it hasn't. Just my 2 cents. Not going to elaborate further.
Another "stealthy" post on this thread....I love it!!
Apr 17, 2018, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad808
Congrats on getting everything fixed! The error is because you are using earlier firmware with a Platinum, and the GO version you are using. If you use the latest Patched GO versions, there is a patch that gets rid of that error message. 4.1.14 or 4.1.22

How to check if GO is in FCC mode:
Log file is in /advised/DJI.go.v4/cache/log/areacode (or similar).
You should always check this file and never rely on how many channels you have. There are counties in this world which allow only 11 channels at 2.4 and also only have CE power output in the mavic
In the log file you can clearly see if your country is set to US
Look at the log files on the phone/tablet. If it shows your country as US its working

'Log file is in /DJI.go.v4/cache/log/areacode (or similar)' on the SD/device
Hi I checked but it says /cache/log/CountryCodeConstant/ and in the log files there is a lot of Chinese which I don't understand. I also see that the DJI Boost app has had a connection with the DJI server to download NFZ files, are they also uploaded to the Mavic pro and can I check this on the drone it self. With FIleZilla I don't see any NFZ files on the Mavic. Thanks!
Last edited by jvbragt; Apr 17, 2018 at 04:28 AM.
Apr 17, 2018, 08:21 AM
Pedantic Thinker
Don't forget, droneID is garbage, no matter where it is implemented:

"There are a number of technical proposals publicly available on Github which could interfere with such drone tracking proposals. While some of them appear to have been developed to interfere specifically with Chinese drone firm DJI's proprietary DroneID technology, the concept is portable."

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/0..._law_proposal/
Apr 17, 2018, 07:25 PM
Seems there’s a lot more problems over the last 12 months with Boeing jet engines blowing up than with actual drone conflicts.
Apr 18, 2018, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatR
Seems there’s a lot more problems over the last 12 months with Boeing jet engines blowing up than with actual drone conflicts.
First airline fatality in the U.S. since 2009, according to a news report this evening. Still waiting for the very first drone fatality, anywhere, worldwide.
Apr 18, 2018, 06:57 AM
Hello !!

I'm very new to this forum, thank you for all those informations you are sharing here.

I'm a proud Mavic Pro owner since a few months and I'd like to unlock the FCC mode (I'm living in Western Europe).
I started using the NoLimitDronez (NLD) application and installed the modded DJI Go App on my Android smartphone. And then, I have 2 questions:
- how can I know if I'm successfully running on FCC mode ? There are no notifications and the "channels" graph is empty, not showing the detected channels for the 2,4 and 5 GHz bands.
- is NLD legit ? I asked them the previous question many times the last 2 weeks, by mail (but it seems to be not working anymore), by opening a ticket (no answer since last week) and their support chat looks to be... off 24/7.

Thank you !
Last edited by Vianns; Apr 18, 2018 at 07:02 AM.
Apr 18, 2018, 08:16 AM
I do not see which law you are breaking when using NLD software and modding your bird? But it is getting illegal when you start to fly using FCC in EU, going higher than 150m without special premission and breaking other local laws...

And how-to-check FCC is posted on previous page in this threat LINK
Apr 18, 2018, 08:39 AM
Thanks !
By legit, I meant: is this a real working piece of software ? Because I spent 24$ but no support or communication since..
Apr 18, 2018, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget__Guy
First airline fatality in the U.S. since 2009, according to a news report this evening. Still waiting for the very first drone fatality, anywhere, worldwide.

Only one fatality but the larger picture (review news records) shows numerous catastrophic engine failures, engine fires, and compressor stalls over the last year or so. Most of them on Boeing aircraft. If the cycle is allowed to continue the probability of a higher death count increases.

Just for fun, how many have been killed by multirotors during the same time frame?
Apr 19, 2018, 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatR
Only one fatality but the larger picture (review news records) shows numerous catastrophic engine failures, engine fires, and compressor stalls over the last year or so. Most of them on Boeing aircraft. If the cycle is allowed to continue the probability of a higher death count increases.

Just for fun, how many have been killed by multirotors during the same time frame?
Exactly!
Apr 19, 2018, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vianns
Thanks !
By legit, I meant: is this a real working piece of software ? Because I spent 24$ but no support or communication since..
Vianns,
Not sure if you are reaching support or not...could be going to the wrong place??
I am on support for NLD, and we answer ALL tickets, usually in one day, 24 hours access. (several of us in different time zones)

I can assure you that NLD is legit, and it is being supported by the OG's, from the beginning. This is one way we are able to get new drones into the hands of the OG's, so we can continue working on them.
Good things are happening with NLD...just wait and see. For support, you should be going here: http://support.nolimitdronez.com/ to open a ticket.

For FCC mode checking:
How to check if GO is in FCC mode:
Log file is in /advised/DJI.go.v4/cache/log/areacode (or similar).

You should always check this file and never rely on how many channels you have. There are counties in this world which allow only 11 channels at 2.4 and also only have CE power output in the mavic

In the log file you can clearly see if your country is set to US
Look at the log files on the phone/tablet. If it shows your country as US its working

'Log file is in /DJI.go.v4/cache/log/areacode (or similar)' on the SD/device
Apr 19, 2018, 04:02 PM

Looky...Looky!

I have no idea where this came from, or where NLD is headed......
Apr 19, 2018, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad808
I have no idea where this came from, or where NLD is headed......
dude, fcc patching on the rc would be huge.
Apr 19, 2018, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by digdat0
dude, fcc patching on the rc would be huge.

Quick Reply