Jun 29, 2017, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad808
FANTASTIC REPORT BACK!! I am so glad this is helping people get the most out of their quads.
I want to know about the NFZ...I have not checked this yet. If it is disabled, do the zones continue to show up, but you can fly anyway? I am hoping this is correct, since this would be optimal. You will know where you should and shouldn't fly still, and be responsible to make that informed decision - like how the system should have been implemented all along.
Yeah not too sure. So since I had the CS mod, I have flown several times but haven't been near any NFZ etc. Today, after making sport mode changes etc, when I went for a test flight in my front yard, once the craft connected I got a notice about NFZs. I just clicked ok and saw no issues. I remember seeing one of the demo videos from CF that showed a similar warning at startup but they just ignored it and it went away. I powered off and back on and I didn't get that warning the 2nd time. I would be ALL FOR having airspace etc shown on the map just for reference. Even if they have a good chance of being wrong. I am on the latest Go4 (well, latest from a week ago, I see there are updates now but I am not about to do that) and on FW 700 and even with internet disabled for the Go4, I still get the request to update the NFZ data. I just click "temporarily not" each time but it would be nice to go ahead and update it so I am not being nagged every time. I won't do that until I am sure I can still fly in those likely false zones.

Speaking of which, I see a lot of talk about changing the sport modes, altitude etc but not able disabling the NFZs. Is that even an option in the parameters? Maybe only in 400 and CS found a way to do it in 700?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 29, 2017, 02:28 PM
Must Stop Buying More Stuff
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by techspy
Yeah not too sure. So since I had the CS mod, I have flown several times but haven't been near any NFZ etc. Today, after making sport mode changes etc, when I went for a test flight in my front yard, once the craft connected I got a notice about NFZs. I just clicked ok and saw no issues. I remember seeing one of the demo videos from CF that showed a similar warning at startup but they just ignored it and it went away. I powered off and back on and I didn't get that warning the 2nd time. I would be ALL FOR having airspace etc shown on the map just for reference. Even if they have a good chance of being wrong. I am on the latest Go4 (well, latest from a week ago, I see there are updates now but I am not about to do that) and on FW 700 and even with internet disabled for the Go4, I still get the request to update the NFZ data. I just click "temporarily not" each time but it would be nice to go ahead and update it so I am not being nagged every time. I won't do that until I am sure I can still fly in those likely false zones.

Speaking of which, I see a lot of talk about changing the sport modes, altitude etc but not able disabling the NFZs. Is that even an option in the parameters? Maybe only in 400 and CS found a way to do it in 700?
I am not sure. Do you see these values:
#NFZ Changes
g_config_airport_limit_cfg_cfg_disable_airport_fly _limit = 0
g_config_airport_limit_cfg_cfg_limit_data = 20150910

That is stock settings on .400. The are changed to:
#NFZ Changes
g_config.airport_limit_cfg.cfg_disable_airport_fly _limit = 1
g_config.airport_limit_cfg.cfg_limit_data = 20250910
Jun 29, 2017, 02:47 PM
Hmmm, here are those from mine. I guess we need to do some comparisons. I winder if this is just for airports and there is another section for NFZs

EDIT: Yep, seems the lines you posted is what matters;

g_config.airport_limit_cfg.cfg_disable_airport_fly _limit = 1
g_config.airport_limit_cfg.cfg_limit_data = 20250910
Last edited by techspy; Jun 29, 2017 at 02:56 PM.
Jun 29, 2017, 03:24 PM

Just for Ray Jay - both view points understandable

Interesting and fun read. I don't think I have an official take either way. I understand both camps. On one side, car mfgs don't limit top speed or any other critical feature, it's up to the user to use rational thinking for operating a motor vehicle. You look at Tesla and the news stories over the last year about people crashing and getting seriously hurt or worse from the autonomous feature, and most of the time, they are pushing the limit or causing the issue themselves. But that doesn't seem to phase peoples opinion about Tesla in general. And now many are anxiously waiting for the model 3 release. Again lots of strict regulations and rules with the auto industry (unsure of the autonomous side though)

I can also see DJI's side because 95% of their business rides on creating new and improving technology with drones or rc aircraft and having people buy said product. If anything happens that is catastrophic, and even if it isn't catastrophic, they always have a picture of the drone or what the drone looks like and it's almost always a Phantom. There is already a negative stigma in many non-drone users eyes, and the media feeds off stories that are "close calls with drones". I would assume they see it as if they have a major issue with an incident, no one is going to say "Well this guy was using modified firmware he bought", they only thing the mass will remember is a DJI drone caused that. And then sales plummet or halt because of that issue whether from perception or government regulations. Then there goes their business

I have to believe that the concern of most aren't people on this forum or other forums knowing how to get around the parameters set. After all, if you're reading this forum, you're likely RC nut, which likely means you're going to use it rational regardless of modded or not. Its the fear or people who just went out and bought one because they saw a really cool drone video on youtube and want to create their own, without knowing what either stick does let alone the rules of the air.

I enjoyed reading all the info though and am always amazed by the abilities of programmers to exploit things. I'll watch this like I do any of my other thread subscriptions. Couldn't tell you what version my Mavic is on, but it's old and simply because it works. What I do know that the products that DJI does make I enjoy thoroughly and would have some other hobby if it weren't for them and other multirotor OEMs. Honestly not sure what I would even buy if DJI was out of the picture today.
Fly on!
Jun 29, 2017, 04:03 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by calde043
I have to believe that the concern of most aren't people on this forum or other forums knowing how to get around the parameters set. After all, if you're reading this forum, you're likely RC nut, which likely means you're going to use it rational regardless of modded or not. Its the fear or people who just went out and bought one because they saw a really cool drone video on youtube and want to create their own, without knowing what either stick does let alone the rules of the air....
This point reminds me of something that I knew all along, but didn't have evidence of. If you are an RC nut(good point) you more than likely either built your own quad at some point, or learned to fly on a cheap plastic one. Good for you. You actually know how to fly with both sticks, manually.

If you have only owned a Mavic and it's your first quad...you really don't know how to manually fly, because you can't go full manual. I don't know if the other DJI quads fly the same way...(spring loaded throttle and auto hover) This is not a knock on anyone, but just the state that the RC Drone industry is in. DJI makes it too easy to pick up a Mavic and fly within minutes. Great for beginners to the hobby, but lots of room for crashes once the drone gets turned around and everything is reversed and you panic. I am right now forcing a friend to learn to fly on a manual copter. He wants a Mavic. I told him to learn to fly first, full manual, and only then will I help him with a Mavic. Complete evidence of this in Ed Rickers video. (he makes good videos) I believe that the Mavic was his first drone ever...watch how he struggles with flying a manual craft, making my point: (of course FPV takes care of this a bit..until an FPV pilot loses video feed and can't fly LOS) I would be interested to hear anyones view point on this as well...
Flipping/Crashing the MJX Bugs 3 (7 min 39 sec)
Jun 29, 2017, 04:29 PM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Quote:
Wow...how fast thing progress...you can use the latest version of DJI Assistant with just changing one file. I just did this and used Notepad ++ in administrator mode to make and save the change.

If using the latest version of assistant, do this:
1. Close DJI assistant
2. Open C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2\AppFiles
3. With Notepad or Notepad++, edit the main.js file
4. Look for " // mainWindow.webContents.openDevTools()"
5. Delete the "// " (slash slash from that line
6. Save the file
7. Open DJI Assistant 2
Quote:
When I was on .700, I used 4.0.7, and still using that on .400 without issues.

Here is what I found for the P4:
For P4P and Windows10, install latest Assistant 2 v1.1.2-2 and find in program files-> DJI Assistant 2/AppFiles/main.js
- open with Notepad++
- Locate line: autoHideMenuBar: true and change to false
- Locate line: mainWindow.setMenuBarVisibility(false); change to true
To open the dev console everytime you open DJI assistant, locate line and uncomment "mainWindow.webContents.openDevTools();" (delete the // )
you may have to edit the file outside of program files then copy it back and over-write

Please report back if this works! (it should)
Tested on P4 with my Asst 2 software (Was going to do original "old" Asst 2, till seen to try with new) No dice, this is my screen. Will try in a bit to roll back Asst 2 and try it from there...but ain't looking good for the P4 so far, unless I'm not seeing how to get to "Parameters" from left hand selection pane. Ver.1.0.9 software? Perhaps this is the issue? Hesitant to upgrade to latest 1.1.2_2..but will try older version.
Last edited by Repaid1; Jun 29, 2017 at 04:39 PM.
Jun 29, 2017, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Wow...how fast thing progress...you can use the latest version of DJI Assistant with just changing one file. I just did this and used Notepad ++ in administrator mode to make and save the change.

If using the latest version of assistant, do this:
1. Close DJI assistant
2. Open C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2\AppFiles
3. With Notepad or Notepad++, edit the main.js file
4. Look for " // mainWindow.webContents.openDevTools()"
5. Delete the "// " (slash slash from that line
6. Save the file
7. Open DJI Assistant 2
Sorry, I am trying to understand what the above does but I am not certain. Does that allow you to use Assistant 2 to downgrade to .400, or is it only useful if you have purchased Coptersafe?
Jun 29, 2017, 04:40 PM
FPV Browncoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repaid1
Tested on P4 with my Asst 2 software (Was going to do original "old" Asst 2, till seen to try with new) No dice, this is my screen. Will try in a bit to roll back Asst 2 and try it from there...but ain't looking good for the P4 so far, unless I'm not seeing how to get to "Parameters" from left hand selection pane. Ver.1.0.9 software? Perhaps this is the issue? Hesitant to upgrade to latest 1.1.2_2..but will try older version.
You still need to set the local storage parameters: factory_enabled = true, debug_enabled = true, debug = 1.
Jun 29, 2017, 04:42 PM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
To downgrade to .400 you will need a virtual machine that's floating around that has the .400 upgrade process frozen in place.

The above method is excellent though if you are on .800 or .900 and just want to remove the altitude cap and change the tilt parameters of the mavic (ie sport mode speed increases).

The above steps there can be be followed on DJI Assistant 2, version 1.1.2.573 on Windows 10 and work like a charm, but remember to set factory_enabled = true, debug_enabled = true, and debug =1 in the local storage menu.
Jun 29, 2017, 04:46 PM
Thread OP

Low battery RTH issue trigger

I just saw this posted. Now that we can go into the Parameters and increase performance to Sport+ mode...there is an issue that has cropped up with the Mavic. The Mavic continually monitors battery and distance from home and calculates how long at stock settings it will take to RTH safely. When it calculates that the Mavic is beyond that point, it goes to critical low battery RTH mode, (even though you have more than enough capacity left) and starts the landing procedure...that you can't get out of. This can prove to be very dangerous, and even crash your Mavic if you are flying at a really high height in Sport+ mode and the mavic goes in to critical RTH mode and comes down slowly. It might not make it all the way down before completely running out of power.

I just read a possible solution...

Select battery Type to Non-DJI Battery and select 3s.

This is worth testing, but I don't plan on flying that high to test it out. I will see if this is legit and someone tests it and post results. The setting is under Flight Settings. It's supposed to turn off the battery monitoring, so no Critical RTH mode. That is a good and bad thing at the same time. From my own personal experience, I almost lost the Mavic in the ocean when I first got it because of this safety feature. (total pilot error though, not the Mavics fault)
Stay tuned on this one.
Jun 29, 2017, 04:52 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dronewell
Sorry, I am trying to understand what the above does but I am not certain. Does that allow you to use Assistant 2 to downgrade to .400, or is it only useful if you have purchased Coptersafe?
This allows you to use the current Assistant2 to open the menu where you need to make changes as JohnCC said. The other way is to follow the steps I posted here using a specific version of Assistant: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=156
Jun 29, 2017, 04:55 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
I am looking for the P4 instructions. I know I saw it and it is working...I will update this post when I find it so you can test.
Jun 29, 2017, 04:56 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rensdekippen
do you know if it is possible to change the ce mode to fcc mode or change to output power? That would be awesome. Sadly don't have the time to check this myself yet.
possible fix to this>>>stay tuned!! If you are in the US, you don't need this and it will do nothing for you. Waiting for confirmation it is working.
Last edited by Quad808; Jun 29, 2017 at 05:11 PM.
Jun 29, 2017, 05:04 PM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Quote:
Originally Posted by prelator
You still need to set the local storage parameters: factory_enabled = true, debug_enabled = true, debug = 1.
Went into Asst 2, found resources tab, and then expanded to local storage...directory is empty??? Is this suppose to be done within Asst 2 running no connection to P4 or with P4 Connected? Or through the editor note pad ++?
Jun 29, 2017, 05:10 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Went into Asst 2, found resources tab, and then expanded to local storage...directory is empty??? Is this suppose to be done within Asst 2 running or through the editor note pad ++?
I think you are almost there...try this...I had to do this for my Mavic. Close Assistant2. Connect and power up P4, then open Assistant and see if the Local Storage is empty. If the relevant files are there, you can change the values right there.

This is all I can find:
For P4P and Windows10, install latest Assistant 2 v1.1.2-2 and find in program files-> DJI Assistant 2/AppFiles/main.js
- open with Notepad++
- Locate line: autoHideMenuBar: true and change to false
- Locate line: mainWindow.setMenuBarVisibility(false); change to true
To open the dev console everytime you open DJI assistant, locate line and uncomment "mainWindow.webContents.openDevTools();" (delete the // )
you may have to edit the file outside of program files then copy it back and over-write.

Then you need to click on resources and edit the debug_enabled to true, factory_enabled to true, and debug to 1
Close the window, then connect the P4 to Assistant. Hope that helps.
Last edited by Quad808; Jun 29, 2017 at 05:19 PM.

Quick Reply