Jun 28, 2017, 08:59 PM
Maybe. Go to the first post and go to edit and advanced.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 28, 2017, 09:21 PM
Must Stop Buying More Stuff
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by techspy
Maybe. Go to the first post and go to edit and advanced.
Changed it. I'm open to suggestions.
Jun 28, 2017, 09:28 PM
Quote:
On a related topic, do any of you have a favorite android firewall app to block specific apps from internet access? And say you blocked the Go app, does anyone know of a way to import map data manually?
You can block only some domains and STILL have map availability while connected. See the domain list you need to block at: http://mavicpilots.com/threads/domai...dji-go-4.20394
Jun 28, 2017, 09:33 PM
Cool, thanks. BTW I have been using the hack to bypass those stupid here maps and use google instead.
Jun 28, 2017, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad808
Changed it. I'm open to suggestions.
Looks good. My suggestions would probably get us perma-banned
Jun 28, 2017, 10:12 PM
Thread OP

How to get to the parameters file and have fun

You are responsible for whatever you do or don't do with this information. Don't PM me for help, ask in this forum.

Sometime today 6/28/17 DJI pulled firmware from being accessed by users. This was due to the exploit found, but I am not even sure it could be called an exploit, "oversight" is maybe a better word. This is not "hacking". All you are doing is accessing the menu created by DJI themselves for changing parameters on the Mavic, and possibly on the Phantoms, since DJI pulled some of those firmware versions as well.
Lets get started.

Things you need as I type this. Windows 7 and 10 have been tested and working. (I used Win10 Pro)
1. DJI Assistant2 Beta 112 https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6...VViVXRJWmhsUjA *You don't need this one...use any version* If you are not using the Beta...do these changes and then go to step 7.
Close DJI assistant
Open C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2\AppFiles
With Notepad or Notepad++, edit the main.js file
Look for " // mainWindow.webContents.openDevTools()"
Delete the "// " (slash slash from that line
Save the file
Open DJI Assistant 2 - go to step 7
2. Mavic on .400 /.700 firmware for all mods to work so far. .800 and .900 NFZ mod doesn't work yet, but the other two do.
If you are not on .400 you can get the VM downgrade from this thread:
http://mavicpilots.com/threads/i-cre....16619/page-26
If it were me...I would grab this as fast as you can before that thread gets taken down. Follow the instructions in that thread to downgrade.
3. Once downgraded and the DJI assistant is on your PC(sorry MAC users...I have a PC, but MACs work as well). Unzip it to it's own folder if using the Beta.
4. disable internet access just to be safe
5. Plug in the Mavic and power it up (you may not have to at this step, but I did it this way, so that I could see it connected in Assistant)
6. Right-click the Assistant and run as Administrator - it should come up and your Mavic will be called "Little Pilot" don't ask me why...LOL
7. Don't connect/click on the Mavic just yet.. do a CTRL-SHIFT-i to open a window in Assistant. (If you did the additional steps in Step 1, the window should automatically open) Click on the Resources tab. Go to Local Storage\file Edit the debug_enabled to true, factory_enabled to true, and debug to 1 Now close that window, not the Assistant program. Connect to the Mavic.
You should see this screen below: From the left menu you can go into Parameters. Be extremely cautious on what you change. There are a ton of parameters in there. Again...be careful. Search around the net...you will find the parameters that you need to change. You are on your own...don't ask me what you need to change for your needs. Disconnect after any changes and test.
Fly responsibly! Fly Safe!! Just because you now can, doesn't mean you should - that's all the nanny I have in me!!
Last edited by Quad808; Jun 30, 2017 at 01:05 PM.
Jun 28, 2017, 10:18 PM
Ahhhh, that just gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling All our drones are belong to us!
Jun 28, 2017, 10:21 PM
So here is a start of a modified host file (taken from the other thread). I am not sure if there is more that should be added or not. Just testing without a craft connected I can still access the store, account info etc. I would rather have EVERYTHING except google maps blocked. Anyone have any suggestions to add?

127.0.0.1 acbe.aasky.net
127.0.0.1 astat.bugly.qq.com
127.0.0.1 dds.dji.com
127.0.0.1 djicdn.com
127.0.0.1 djistatic.com
127.0.0.1 download.vcdn.nokia.com
127.0.0.1 flysafe-api.dji.com (NFZ updates)
127.0.0.1 m.dji.com
127.0.0.1 mydjiflight.dji.com
127.0.0.1 statistical-report.djiservice.org
127.0.0.1 u.dji.com
127.0.0.1 upgrade.bgcentre.com
127.0.0.1 upgrade.dj2006.net
127.0.0.1 version.hybrid.api.here.com
Jun 28, 2017, 10:22 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Ahhhh, that just gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling All our drones are belong to us!
Excellent!
Jun 28, 2017, 10:31 PM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Quote:
You are responsible for whatever you do or don't do with this information. Don't PM me for help, ask in this forum.

Sometime today 6/28/17 DJI pulled firmware from being accessed by users. This was due to the exploit found, but I am not even sure it could be called an exploit, "oversight" is maybe a better word. This is not "hacking". All you are doing is accessing the menu created by DJI themselves for changing parameters on the Mavic, and possibly on the Phantoms, since DJI pulled some of those firmware versions as well.
Lets get started.
<SNIP>
Disconnect after any changes and test.
Fly responsibly! Fly Safe!! Just because you now can, doesn't mean you should - that's all the nanny I have in me!!
Going by the screen your showing...what is it that that screen is showing that can't be changed in the actual Go App? Haven't fired it up yet to see if it works on Asst. 2 for P4..just wondering? I take it there are other tabs that allow you further modifications to system parameters that you can't access in the normal Go App?
Last edited by Repaid1; Jun 28, 2017 at 10:41 PM.
Jun 28, 2017, 10:35 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repaid1
Going by the screen your showing...what is it that that screen is showing that can't be changed in the actual Go App? Haven't fired it up yet to see if it works on Asst. 2 for P4..just wondering?
The DJI menu on the left side gives you access to the individual parameters, just like open source software like Arducopter, using Mission Planner. It was there all along.
Jun 28, 2017, 10:45 PM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Quote:
The DJI menu on the left side gives you access to the individual parameters, just like open source software like Arducopter, using Mission Planner. It was there all along.
Was clarifying my post when you replied...bed time for me, will try it in morning and report back if it works with P4 then..could always use a bit more forward speed 40 MPH isn't quite enough...but have been 55MPH with a tail wind.
Jun 28, 2017, 10:49 PM
And
Last edited by techspy; Jan 01, 2018 at 06:07 PM.
Jun 28, 2017, 10:54 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repaid1
Was clarifying my post when you replied...bed time for me, will try it in morning and report back if it works with P4 then..could always use a bit more forward speed 40 MPH isn't quite enough...but have been 55MPH with a tail wind.
Excellent!
Jun 29, 2017, 06:49 AM
Open the bay doors... HAL
Quote:
Oh I was referring to it coming from the other thread like the cake
I understood that .... sorry my choice of words led you to misinterpet my meaning.

Quick Reply