DJI Dashboard - Modding tips, tricks and results - OFFICIAL THREAD - Page 105 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 16, 2017, 10:38 AM
jab
jab
Unregistered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by SasquatchLabs
That wasn't the offensive one.

IMHO... remove the features if ya don't want em used.
Already done at my side.. It's amazing how much less cluttered most sites look, once you remove the unneeded fluff..
to remove ads between posts
Jul 16, 2017, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab
Already done at my side.. It's amazing how much less cluttered most sites look, once you remove the unneeded fluff..
Agreed.

Some serious diagnostics going on.
Jul 16, 2017, 11:29 AM

DJI Dashboard - Modding tips, tricks and results - OFFICIAL THREAD

Yea it's hard not to say what some of these guys are doing not impressive and at a rapid rate, a lot of very clever people out there.

On the thread and violations, No one wants anyone to get banned or this thread kicked, there is no point going to war with the mods, they are very good guys and if they have deemed it appropriate then just accept it and change the post, again I strongly suggest avoiding posting direct links, anything calling the mods or DJI out, any in pics swearing ect, making direct insinuations about licensing is just going to get people twitching,it's just easier to steer clear and stay on the safe side to keep this thread alive.
Last edited by Mad_angler1; Jul 16, 2017 at 11:36 AM.
Jul 16, 2017, 11:35 AM
Pedantic Thinker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1
Yea it's hard not to say what some of these guys are doing not impressive and at a rapid rate, a lot of very clever people out there.

On the thread and violations, No one wants anyone to get banned or this thread kicked, there is no point going to war with the mods, they are very good guys and if they have deemed it appropriate then just accept it and change the post, again I strongly suggest avoiding posting direct links, anything calling DJI out or swearing ect, making direct insinuations about licensing ect is just going to get people twitching,it's just easier to steer clear and stay on the safe side to keep this thread alive.
This is about the ability to send someone a simple PM out of common courtesy... and not using a heavy hand. I've been over this before on the 3dr solo stuff... nothing new here.

I'm done posting here, as you know this will get censored, and edited... you guys know where to find me. The admin here would rather have a power struggle than man up (or woman up) and send me a simple PM and explain him or herself...

I *thought* this place was *hip*... haha apparently it is just as stuffy as Mavic Pilots. THIS is why we have Slack... people can't handle raw info.

BYE guys!

Enjoy the 3rd hand rehashed info cuz the admin here is too obtuse.
Jul 16, 2017, 11:39 AM
Pedantic Thinker

This possibly breaks FCC certification, making it illegal.

lol wut!?

"Again, stop posting links to this until the legal matters are sorted out. This possibly breaks FCC certification, making it illegal."

Jul 16, 2017, 11:41 AM
Happy FPV flyer
They obviously didn't even click the link since nothing in there is even remotely related to FCC.
Jul 16, 2017, 11:41 AM
Pedantic Thinker

the truth...

“The hack has legal issues associated with it and should not be posted on RCG.”
Jul 16, 2017, 11:49 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Wonder if they will also ban all DJI reps and close their vendor forum since DJI has "legal issues" with the GPL.
Jul 16, 2017, 11:49 AM
jab
jab
Unregistered User
GPL, FCC, FAA, DJI.. it's all the same stuff I guess..
Jul 16, 2017, 11:50 AM
With all due respect, this is getting to be a little bit ridiculous.

What's funny is that this post is actually revealing legal issues with the manufacturer, not with the poster. And so to see that explanation thrown out by the Administrators sure seems/feels like a total bias in favor of the manufacturer, and makes one wonder if they've received outside contact. Because every other forum seems to handle it the exact same way -- mysteriously shut down with reasons that just don't make any logical sense.

There's a pattern developing, and it's not a coincidence. Perhaps instead of censoring these posts, the Administrators should instead pin them to the very top of this board, and ask the manufacturer why it willfully violates the General Public License contractual agreements.
Last edited by nickmv; Jul 16, 2017 at 12:10 PM.
Jul 16, 2017, 12:35 PM
Nah.. the cant even use this one as MODs to equipment operating in ISM bands is TOTES legal for folks licensed with US FCC Amateur class licensing technician on up!!!

I was ALWAYS using 50Mhz RC WITH power mods in the old days....
Jul 16, 2017, 12:51 PM
Must Stop Buying More Stuff

Even though...

We need to be somewhat careful in what we post here...we can still try and post the most accurate info we can, so we can have good discussions.

There are excellent people working tirelessly on this project and my hat goes off to them!! (if I wore a hat that is...)

Please continue to post SasquatchLabs, if you have the time. As you know, you provide valuable info on ground zero breaking info, and your contribution, as well as the contributions everyone else makes is much appreciated!!

*updated the blog with more accurate info on apk creation today*
Jul 16, 2017, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Pitman
Agreed.

Some serious diagnostics going on.
I don't know what that is or what it's doing but it looks cool as heck! haha
Jul 16, 2017, 02:18 PM
If DJI didn't want you folks doing this stuff and posting it here the thread would be gone. It's that simple. Revenue generating websites don't challenge the source of their advertising dollars and I'm sure DJI puts a lot of them here. I'm just waiting to see why DJI is allowing these activities. It's not the way the have done things before, which has been more about power and control. Their mods and sub contractors have become very quiet compared to how they had been performing prior to the system modifications threads.
Jul 16, 2017, 02:30 PM

DJI Dashboard - Modding tips, tricks and results - OFFICIAL THREAD

Im intrigued at the word subcontractors, who are you accusing of what now, its something crazy daily now lol.

I demand all subcontractors make your self known ?