This thread is privately moderated by Jay B. Scott, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 24, 2017, 03:05 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

MAR-C Flying Field, Thursday, June 22, 2017

In my blog entry from December 05, 2016, I discussed where you would see Mt. Rainier from my flying field on a clear day. Well, last Thursday was that clear day on the second day of summer. So I owe you guys a pic of that big geological pimple sitting to the south about 90 miles away. Mt. St. Helens is only a stone's throw away from there to the southwest. Imagine what it would look like as you were flying your plane, and this bad boy suddenly exploded!

I met Mark and Karen Brody at the field Thursday. They just recently joined Marymoor R/C Club. They're former full-scale pilots, flying such iconic planes as the Beechcraft Debonair and the Cessna 310 (Whoo-Hoo! Sky King!). Formerly, they were members of the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association, and Mark proudly owns his A.O.P.A. 50 Year pin. Both are currently still supportive members of the Experimental Aircraft Association (E.A.A.). It was my pleasure talking with this super-friendly couple.

I recently lost my beloved modified 40" foamy Super Sportster (also shown in my blog entry from Dec. 05, 2016). It suffered an apparent brown-out as it was coming around in the Back 40. The grass back there is taller than I am, and the little plane disappeared forever into those engulfing green blades. So to combat future losses and increase my recovery rate, I'm now installing the Hobbico Air Alert in all my planes. It lets out long beeps to quickly help me find the plane if it goes down. And something else I learned is that if a plane has anything more severe than a mild crash, the battery will pop out and disconnect. The Air Alert will not work with no juice to it, so I also routinely install Velcro straps to go around my battery.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply