Jun 24, 2017, 02:00 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Omnibus F4 - sudden death

So I've recently completed a quad build using an Omnibus F4 board (from China, so possibly a clone? I don't know who makes what these days...). I was finishing up the set up in the latest Betaflight, everything was peachy, then I disconnected and walked away. I came back to check over my settings only to find that when I booted the board, its buzzer was on constantly (as happens when the board boots with the boot button pressed) and I couldn't connect to it. the green LED is on too.

When I power from a lipo, the board isn't seen by BetaFlight configurator either. My camera passes through the onboard OSD, but the OSD is not overlaid.

At some point in the process I did try to reflash the board, but didn't get anywhere. I haven't been able to get it into "DFU" mode or see it from "Zadic" the STM32 flash utility or any of the other things I've probably tried.

I tested continuity of the boot button: two pins, one close to the board edge, one away from the edge. Result: continuity while pressed, broken while not pressed, so I assume the boot button wasn't stuck. However, the button has now fallen apart due to repeated pressing.

Is the board likely to be dead? Are there any other diagnostics I can perform or things to watch out for? The board was running perfectly prior to this incident. I had everything set up: receiver, motors, OSD, .... The board wiring looks fine to me.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply