View Poll Results: Bugs 6 Owners Poll / RC Flyers only
5 Stars Excellent / Very Satisfied / Happy 4 40.00%
4 Stars Very Good / Satisfied 3 30.00%
3 Stars Good / Fair / 2 20.00%
2 Stars Disappointed 0 0%
1 Star Do Not Buy 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Jul 01, 2017, 12:20 PM
Hey all, I received my bugs 6 a couple of days ago from Banggood, 12 days to ohio with free shipping, not too bad at all! I got the C5830 cam with it. It's been so windy here that I've just been flying around in my yard, staying below the tree tops. Anyway, when i went to try out my goggles with it I found that the cam was set to PAL not NTSC. Ipulled the cam back out of the quad to see if there was a switch that I had missed when i first installed it, no switch found. While not a deal breaker since the cam only cost $18.00 extra but it's a hassle to have to switch back and forth when using my other stuff that is all set to NTSC. Oddly I haven't seen this mentioned in any of the reviews online so I thought I'd give a heads up to anyone who's considering buying the camera version. Had I known i might have forgone the cam, I guess i was lured by the built in DVR, lol! I still might open up the cover on the cam to see if there is a switch hiding somewhere.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 01, 2017, 12:54 PM
Hey Ply Visit The Sirius Thread on the Bugs, He has the same as you do and flying fine with it. He did a camera video demo with the monitor
the secret button will be found

happy to hear you got bugs....
soon you will be doing FPV
Jul 01, 2017, 01:01 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Blue Bugs, No link? You are slipping there Bud.

Mike
Jul 01, 2017, 01:14 PM
Bugs 6 / Sirius Thread /
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...Quadcopter-RTF
Jul 01, 2017, 02:03 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Well, it looks like I'm grounded until Wednesday. It's been windy as all heck for days

Mike.
Jul 01, 2017, 02:47 PM
Probably Got Grounded for Other Reasons......blaming it on the wind?
did you do something like break the Wifey's lamps again.

reason i think this....... Sirius WentFlying in high winds, reported no effects to worry about

i too was flying in Very Windy Conditions, would take a toy grade off with a fly away
No Issues To Report About Flying Windy Days. Bugs 6 Does Well

how many mph you got over there in Boston....... 15 to 20 is ok
Last edited by Blue Bugs; Jul 01, 2017 at 03:10 PM.
Jul 01, 2017, 03:25 PM

Pal/ntsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bugs
Hey Ply Visit The Sirius Thread on the Bugs, He has the same as you do and flying fine with it. He did a camera video demo with the monitor
the secret button will be found

happy to hear you got bugs....
soon you will be doing FPV
Thanks for trying to help Blue Bugs, but after reading/watching the entire siriusflier thread, I saw no mention of the broadcast format problem that I have. I only got the camera with my bugs 6, no monitor or goggles. Don't get me wrong, the camera works fine, i've taken some pics and a few videos but
I can't use my monitor as it is a scavaged dvd player from a car set but it has no Pal setting so it won't work. at least I can use my EG2 goggles as it is switchable.
Jul 01, 2017, 03:31 PM
yea check the thread again. i went over there asking about it.
will let update more about, not done trying. i know you want NTSC and Can Get It somehow + PAL
Jul 01, 2017, 04:08 PM
Thanks BB, I was just getting ready to do that. will wait to see if Sirius has any insight.
Jul 01, 2017, 04:22 PM
10-4 / let us know your 1st flight experience
what you like or dont....

reason is/ i have evaluated Bugs 8 videos and it was discussed a small hidden area to locate
mine came without a camera, great you found the RC Forums.....
Jul 01, 2017, 04:47 PM

Chap Weather Update

Hi Chap / checked on the boston Winds and Weather
Yeap at 4:45 your time today was Highest Wind Speed for the Week.... when you posted.... was 26 mph from the south
Sunday is Clear Winds 12 to 14 mph at 11am to 2pm then go up 18 to 20 / Lowest Wind Speed is around 4am / early mornings
Clear All Week / Windy as you say During the Days / EveryDay its 10 to 13 mph afternoons / Next Saturday Chance of Rain.

================================================== ===========================

i hope you take advantage of the Windy Days To Test It.

i fly when its very gusty / trees blowing like crazy / test it further, so far, so good.
Try It ... You Might Like It........ dont think flyaways is issue in wind with the Bugs 6

missed a golden opportunity with the 26 mph winds 2 hours ago
would have been a good test to see what happens
Jul 01, 2017, 08:45 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Blue Bugs, The reason I'm waiting for a calmer day is because I want to do many punch outs at different altitudes. I wish I had a altimeter to get the exact height as I will be doing this in the park (also pronounced pahk) . My back yard would be no problem as I know the height of the big pine (150').

I can't wait to get some flights in. I figure 15 to 20 flights and I'll be ready to wrap things up on my final review. As I said way back in a post, I plan to take my time, try to get things right and not to jump to conclusions

Sometimes I see what others overlook....

Mike.
Jul 01, 2017, 09:21 PM
Got me a standard version in today and it is an awesome machine for the price!
Jul 01, 2017, 10:06 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingfool
Got me a standard version in today and it is an awesome machine for the price!
Have fun man. The stripped down version is the best. That way you can pick and choose what kind of cam/fpv system you want to install and not the system that comes loaded with the Bugs 6. Just my opinion.

Mike.
Jul 02, 2017, 02:37 AM
I fly xk x251. Is the exchange sense on MJX Bugs 6?
Last edited by LysyZdw; Jul 02, 2017 at 03:08 AM.