5 Stars Excellent / Very Satisfied / Happy 4 40.00%
4 Stars Very Good / Satisfied 3 30.00%
3 Stars Good / Fair / 2 20.00%
2 Stars Disappointed 0 0%
1 Star Do Not Buy 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Jun 27, 2017, 01:48 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Some people believe in "battery break in" and some do not. I'm one of those believers even when I was told the newer batteries didn't need a break in time.

All my batteries have been broken in. For the Bugs batts. First flight=8 minutes. Second flight=10/12 minutes. After that, I try to land before the LVC kicks in. We are lucky to have LVC warning beeps. I have to time my flights on my planes using the 80% rule by calculating how many mah's (or ma's i forget. i had no need to do it in awhile) are put back into the battery.

Mike.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 27, 2017, 07:14 PM

Bugs 6 Calibrations /Controller

Hey Guys / if you want to Calibrate the Transmitter to the Bugs 6 the instructions in the manual DO NOT WORK

scan of manual pages / already set good from factory / mfg. says not necessary for 1st flight.

We Already Went Thru This on the Bugs 3 Thread.....
i had to re review and go back to find the instructions a member came up with
some sort of genius figured it out and this secret got out, we tried it out and experimented with what worked out.......

below i write as i did it / to understand the Steps To Follow Closely.

original bugs 3 owners were frustrated during this time as RC Groups Members Figured It Out

================================================== ========================

Step #1. Power up the Transmitter Holding the Red Button 1st / Then Connect the Bugs 6
ok the red lights should be off with front white lights on. solid green light on transmitter.

Step #2 Turn of the Transmitter Only

Step #3 Left Stick Centered / Hold Red Button -Turn On Transmitter / light on transmitter flashes fast.

Step #4 Press Down & Hold the Pitch Trim Button-forward back one, down position 2 seconds /
(light on transmitter blinks slowly ) now calibrating.

Step #5 Rotate Both Sticks- Same Time, Clockwise, Full Around, 3 Times / Center Throttle/Left Stick upon completions

Step #6 Press & Hold Downwards the Same Trim Button as Before for 2 Seconds. / Green Light on Transmitter Blinks Fast

Step #7 Lower Down the Throttle./ one Beep, Lights Stop Blinking on Transmitter / now Its Quiet, no beeps no blinking lights
if Not Repeat the Above to Confirm its Completed.

Turn off the Transmitter and unplug the Bugs 6.

To Calibrate Bugs : / Both Sticks Down To Lower Right / Hold 3 seconds/ Red Rear Lights Flash 5 Times Quickly and Stop.
this one i do prior to each flight / usually.

================================================== ==========================
Bugs Transmitter Calibrations Mystery Is Solved
MJX You Owe Me / i will take any new sample you have to test. / future Bugs 250 will do

Try the Manual & See if It Works For You / If Not Use The Above Steps # Instructions
Last edited by Blue Bugs; Jun 28, 2017 at 03:07 AM.
Jun 27, 2017, 07:40 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Due to a death of my flying Buddy's wife (Elaine). My posts will be thin. I'll try my best to get around to balancing the blades. Much more to say especially on the structural integrity. So far, I like what I see.

Mike.
Jun 28, 2017, 06:04 AM
thank you soooo much~ @Blue Bugs

great review!
Latest blog entry: JXD-395 Mini Air Bus
Jun 28, 2017, 06:14 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bugs
Hey Solo:

about 14 flights in so far,
what i notice is its flying better on its own some how

well maybe its my practice time with her too

at 1st thought it was my imaginations.
you mentioned Battery Cycles, and Breaking In, Today its Peppy
with improved throttle response i complained about in 1st posts.

you also mentioned Chaps is Faster than Yours?

Do You Got Bugs?

what about my antenna mod / that ok? 2nd rev.
p.s. i hope your not right about my up-coming motor mod 2204 could blow the 10A/ someone has to test it /

Some batteries really improve after a few cycles. It shouldn't happen on LiPo according to some, but it does

When I say my Bugs 6 doesn't climb as fast as Mike's Bugs 6, logic demands I have one. I can't compare if I don't have it.

10A ESC is used for 1104 motors, these days. But you might be lucky
Jun 28, 2017, 10:39 AM
Hey Solo: ok will do a little more research on it before i actually install new motors / shipped out
i asked about it but no one let me know, it was mentioned by another member as a suggestions to go with 2204 to see a difference.

Sirius Swapped his 1806 motors same size / said it was slight improvements, little faster more agility with tri blade props
he is experimenting with various sizes, says his flight time is cut down down.

with regards to you now having Bugs 6?
(it could have been taken as a joke/ kidding around ) 1st mentions of it/ was unsure / thanks for helping my logic

well you have a spot for reviews, there was no mentions of it and look forward to your professional style observations and photos, with specs and measurements and all the details you share with other members.

hope your right on the lucky part
Last edited by Blue Bugs; Jun 28, 2017 at 11:16 PM.
Jun 28, 2017, 11:04 AM
I want To Personally Thank GearBest for Reaching out to Myself & Chap,

while discussing our bugs 3 flyaways on the GB Support Thread, as to what happen and caused it. Chap Wanted Them to know about it so mfg could get the word, since its a New Model and others had same issue reporting on the RC Groups.

Chap is one of the original owners of Bugs 3 getting it early when it came out.
I recently Lost a Bugs3, my 2nd had both a Red & Blue, how i got my name.... so while discussing what had happen ..... a couple posts later ...
we go on to read a Reply Back Post from GB to Test a New Model Coming Out Soon Bugs 6 ......would we be interested?

================================================== =======================================

both us immediately same day contacted them back thru PM
they already have my informations as i been a customer with an account for about 1.5 years

Kinda in Dis Belief a DHL Truck Arrived about 10 days late
r with the Box you See in Post #1
That Started this Thread for Other Members To Post Your Reviews, Vids and Photos Opinions & Mods...
Bugs 6 is the Bare Bones Model Where You Need To Add Your Own FPV Gear / hence the mods, it's necessary to complete.

Thanks GB & MJX for the Opportunity to Discover FPV Flying and to Share it with Others
================================================== ================

Chap, i have been in discussions with him thruout.

frequently, we follow up with each other pm messages to talk about it more, compare what each thinks about it.

I met him on Bugs 3 thread couple months ago
really helping me further with suggestions and ideas, a good man.

currently attending events that bring sorrow and sadness.
He Will Let You Know More About Bugs 6...... but tells me...... so far........" he is beyond happy with his "
Last edited by Blue Bugs; Jun 28, 2017 at 02:00 PM.
Jun 28, 2017, 01:10 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Updated the posting with the review, some remarks and a video were added.
Jun 28, 2017, 01:31 PM
Hey Solo: great to see something posted with your 1st flight video

I Too Notice my Motors are Quiet Compared to Chaps,
at 50 ft away i dont hear them much/ sound disappears quickly, Actually Its Very Nice Compared to Most Other Quads. Bugs 3 is Louder
Much Less Quiet than the JJRC Tarantuala X6 for instance. No Comparisons

can fly at park overhead & people don't hear it much / might be reason not to change the motors are they are quiet.
Sirius Demo Video is Louder after Mod

Chaps on the other Hand is a Screamer.
Unless His Video Camera Has Zoom Sound Recording, heard his loud out at over 100 ft.
Nav Lights Video made earlier illustrates Sudden Punch Out, and Sporty Flying over the 2 Story Houses

Your Punch-Out is Similar to what i find... would like to see Chaps again to compare. Wonder What He Got.
More of a Cruiser than the Bugs 3 /maintains level flying easier.

for me: the Fast Precise Yaw and Tight Funnels are Excellent
will install as a mod / rubber pads (4) under ea leg to cushion for No Bouncy Touch downs. my Super Bugs 6 coming soon
Last edited by Blue Bugs; Jun 29, 2017 at 01:24 AM.
Jun 29, 2017, 11:53 PM
Epilepsy Awareness

Props

Hi Guys, I'm having a problem updating my page. Anyway.

You all know that I have OCD about balanced props. First, I removed the props from the Bugs 6 and mixed them with the extra props. This way I wouldn't know which prop came with the Bugs 6 installed or the extras.

These are my findings on the props that come with the Bugs 6. The ones that are off a bit is no big deal.

First tip: Don't remove any plastic slag from the prop just yet. This extra plastic slag made one of my blades "perfect."

Second tip: I found that two props needed hub balancing. Don't go nuts thinking you can't do it,..it's easy and very effective when it comes to wear and tear on the motors.

Here's a look of the belly of the Bugs 6, Which I give a thumbs up. Nice construction design giving the Bugs 6 a great survival crash rate. Just handling her, bending and flexing the arms, I knew right off the bad this quad is going to be very strong in a crash. How do I know this? In high school I took Architectural and mechanical drawing drawing. It taught me a lot about structural integrity. Big thumbs up in that department.

Mike.
Jun 30, 2017, 10:20 AM
Hi Chap:

happy to see you back, done about 20 flights. still have it, no fly away

in fact that beeping transmitter for out of range as i had with the bugs 3 is zip / nadda
running the same course at flying field to compare range and flying characteristics.
at least 1000 ft x 2000 ft park i fly in with very few people / wide open with field for sports activities, with houses that surround this area. so far i am the only one that flys here that i have seen, so its very nice for me only 5 min drive, otherwise i fly inside the house or front yard

Chap My Motors are Quiet, almost Silent at 50 ft checked it again last night flying 9pm
notice in Nav Lights Vid in your review, the motors are much louder and powerful.....Wish I had Your Punchout . Solo also noticed it.
You Were over 100 ft away from camera / i could hear the roar of the motors. Not Sure What You Got & Testing but its not the same as mine.
The Sounds I Hear Comes From The Props, On Yours Is From The Motors.

reported the Frame Quality on Sirius Bugs Thread / mentioned it reminded me of a bridge design constructions and seemed very sturdy.
I too believe the design is strong and will survive many crashes due to its integrity. will post photos later on it
Last edited by Blue Bugs; Jun 30, 2017 at 10:41 AM.
Jun 30, 2017, 03:42 PM
Whoooah
I Recall Reading on the Sirius thread Specs Sheet and Other Reviews
it was noted in my first few pages Different Motor Specs being reported and was confusing
he recently upgraded his motors to 2300KV DYS 1806

wow i think we figured it out Chap
1600 KV & 1800 KV Which Is It ? / asked earlier as if it was a typo or maybe had info incorrect
he explained it..... written both ways ...... depends what your reading...where its from.....

Guess which one You Got?
its obvious which one i have

this is 1st mentions. as its just been discovered here on rc groups
seems to be the roll of the dice which one you get, advantages to each

i remember reading or its my imaginations, that the original bugs 8 owners had separate esc that could go 3s,
later mjx downgraded to 4 in 1 esc for 2s Battery. perhaps there were 2 motor versions couple months back /

Maybe Left Over Motors from Before, Not Common. Time Will Tell.......Got a Screamer Model or the More Tame Quiet Version
It is a New Product Release / Look the same, so its easy to mix them up and use in productions.

MJX does not reveal much details about their products on website. Nice Photos for the share holders meetings, and trade shows
Last edited by Blue Bugs; Jun 30, 2017 at 06:11 PM.
Jun 30, 2017, 06:28 PM
Lurking...posting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bugs
Whoooah
I Recall Reading on the Sirius thread Specs Sheet and Other Reviews
it was noted in my first few pages Different Motor Specs being reported and was confusing
he recently upgraded his motors to 2300KV DYS 1806

wow i think we figured it out Chap
1600 KV & 1800 KV Which Is It ? / asked earlier as if it was a typo or maybe had info incorrect
he explained it..... written both ways ...... depends what your reading...where its from.....

Guess which one You Got?
its obvious which one i have

this is 1st mentions. as its just been discovered here on rc groups
seems to be the roll of the dice which one you get, advantages to each

i remember reading or its my imaginations, that the original bugs 8 owners had separate esc that could go 3s,
later mjx downgraded to 4 in 1 esc for 2s Battery. perhaps there were 2 motor versions couple months back /

Maybe Left Over Motors from Before, Not Common. Time Will Tell.......Got a Screamer Model or the More Tame Quiet Version
It is a New Product Release / Look the same, so its easy to mix them up and use in productions.

MJX does not reveal much details about their products on website. Nice Photos for the share holders meetings, and trade shows
Bugs 6 & Bugs 8 internals are identical down to the 4 in 1 escs, motors and seemingly incompatible with 3S since both first came out. Not sure whether there's any difference in tuning, they appear similar in that regard but not 100% certain.
Jun 30, 2017, 06:59 PM
thats interesting, i did mentions my imaginations, as i do much reading and seen many review videos .
will try to find if it really was, but remember a Bugs 8 guy was testing it on 3s. Said it had Separate ESC. Did Not Have 4 in 1

it may have been the early days of developments on what he was reviewing based on what you say

Time Will Tell.....
input from you is always appreciated
Jun 30, 2017, 08:12 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Hey Blue Bugs,

Now that I'm basically done with the structural, blades and integrity. I will now move on to the fun I have been missing out on and, that's the actual flying of the Bugs 6 in length. I can't wait

Before I close on this post, I just want to mention a few things about the Bugs 6.

**I love the Pratt truss design but, with a slight add on, making this quad very strong. MHO.

** Landing legs: Very stiff and solid=well built. This could prove to be a double edged sword. Only time will tell with those hard landings.

** Blades/props should be checked. Not all are perfect

** Despite the plastic motor housing I would have to assume they are very strong. My RC Logger motors are crap. One little dent in the motor can put me out of commission.
http://www.rclogger.com/RC-EYE/RC-EY...me-Mode-2.html
So don't be fooled by plastic vs. metal

** Lastly, The Bugs 6 when handled you'll note immediately that this quad is no toy. Very "beefy" if you will.

Now, on to some flying time (weather permitting). Next videos up will be a "punch out" test. You Guys talking about different sounds of the motors/blades. We will shortly see everyone

Mike.