3 Stars Good / Fair / 2 20.00%
2 Stars Disappointed 0 0%
1 Star Do Not Buy 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Jun 25, 2017, 03:08 PM
Lurking...posting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bugs
OK i am not waiting to do something about it.
have about 6 flights in so far
/ flight characteristics are satisfying
================================================
see ebay links and photos below for 1806 motor size
price is right, not sure if the motor brand is. willing to spend more for a name brand someone have ideas?

Ebay Listings
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4PCS-1806-23...MAAOSwRUhZAEZD

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4X-iFLY-1806...sAAOSwRoxXmj01

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4XEMAX-MT180...cAAOSwSzdXDLpq emax higher price

any opinions on this? will do a measure on the screw spacings mm before purchase to make sure it lines up.
but for sure going for it.

compared with the bugs 3 punchouts on 3s, somewhat of a let down performance wise currently. good thing i can do something about it
i am getting rid of my plastic motors mjx.... no thanks
Ehh, it likely won't make a noticeable difference honestly unless you go all out and stick 2204 motors on the Bugs 6 and strip every possible extra weight.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 25, 2017, 04:15 PM
will that size motor fit? thats much larger was thinking of keeping with the same size
jjrc x1 and bugs 3 is peppy so was thinking would see a difference

will go with larger motors if you think it will work or is this just a joke
you say your being honest about no difference, so i dont want to do it if that is the case

i find on ebay prices to be about the same, Set of 4 $22 to $29 many choices
motor screw spacing is 16mm / this is about what i measure on the bugs 6 So Maybe It Will Work.......

Thanks for the Tip and Change of Directions
will keep you guys posted on what happens

hope it was not just joke about using these motor sizes and blow my bugs up
Last edited by Blue Bugs; Jun 25, 2017 at 04:33 PM.
Jun 25, 2017, 04:35 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Blue Bugs, The very short flight I did (never recorded b/c/ of malfunction) trying to test the Nav lights and I accidentally hit the throttle stick and before I knew it she was 100' feet or better in the air in a heartbeat. Personally, I plan to hold off on any mods until I put this Bugs 6 through the wringer. I want to know exactly how durable she is in the stock condition.

IMHO, this is the true method of testing a new model. Pure stock

Mods come later

Mike.
Jun 25, 2017, 05:03 PM
100 ft in a heartbeat
i go for 300 ft is why i need to do something right away.......

i know usually keep it stock is best at 1st, maybe i got a buggy bug?
reason i say this is your happy and john CC says his is good too.
and i checked his video came out today and mine is slower than what i see with his

so i think mjx got me a weak one here, but thats ok,
something i can do about it.

happy to hear you up and running with her
i bet you no longer miss your bugs 3?

i know you still miss the mobius
thats a great camera for the price, still a hot seller, i have also.

Solo, there is something wrong, when my punchout coming in on lvc feels like a syma x5
i doubt you guys would want to fly what i got much,
Last edited by Blue Bugs; Jun 25, 2017 at 05:29 PM.
Jun 25, 2017, 05:22 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012
IMHO, this is the true method of testing a new model. Pure stock

Mods come later

I agree, unless things are clearly wrong, like a motor being wired the wrong way, and turning in reverse, and/or potentially dangerous, like exposed wires, first test how it is.
Jun 25, 2017, 05:39 PM
yea wish i could keep it stock and not mess with it.
xk x251 was fine, did not need any motor changes upgrade.... they are much smaller with 2x the punch.

when i flick with my hand each prop, i notice 3 spin and stop while one continues to spin longer with less resistance
i feel less clicking/stepping 1 of the motors i noticed this out of the box slowly rotating with pencil or finger
maybe this 1 motor is slowing the quad down

i have not added any fpv gear / its bare /so it will get slower if i do nothing.
reason i think need to swap out the motors

want to know what motors should i go with? 1806 or 2204 if this quad can handle it[/B]
screw spacings for Bugs 6 =16mm = 2204 motors hope it dont go poof 1604 motor spacing is 12mm, have to re drill holes
not sure ......hoping someone know more about this choice to make.

not sure if its my imaginations
but it did seem to be flying a little faster today after about 12 flights so far.
maybe there is a break in period on the motors and run faster after.

To Get More Pitch?
Click 5 to 10 times the Forward Trim Button and Wow What a Difference.
/ Satisfied Now....... it does take away from backwards the extra forward trim,
but for FPV Flying Cruising Style Flying you will see improvements with this transmitter adjustment
Last edited by Blue Bugs; Jun 26, 2017 at 12:59 AM.
Jun 25, 2017, 10:06 PM
Epilepsy Awareness

Prop change out?

Ok Guys, I figured I would start with the meat and pahtatas of things. First problem I had is removing the props. I followed the instructions to the "T" and still having no joy. Has anyone else tried removing their props? Very odd that there is silicon rubber ring inserts. Maybe this cuts down on vibration. IDK

I got one off. Very tight Guys...

OK..time to check the balance of the props on this Puppy

Mike.

My Boston Terrier tells me "later."
http://www.teenavi.com/product/bosto...er-just-later/

Mike.
Last edited by Chap1012; Jun 25, 2017 at 10:27 PM.
Jun 25, 2017, 10:26 PM
You Too? Tight Props gave me issue also
mine arrived with a bent prop so i already got into my spares....

yeap was surprised how difficult it was, as you say struggle to remove the props.
i found rotating it side to side , small movements, rocking actions side to side as you pull up will do the trick
it seems to be threaded on also with nut caps, its might be just really tight on.

notice there is a flat spot on the shaft only special props will work

inner rubber gasket inside prop i never seen this
looks like a vibrations damper setup. so might just have to keep with stock props only it appears

i notice the bugs 6 held in my hand full blast is little to no vibrations
let us know chap how the balance is on the Stock Bugs 6 Props Goes,

got 12 flights in so far, like it more and more
funnels are best i have seen on any of my quads. tight
Last edited by Blue Bugs; Jun 25, 2017 at 10:36 PM.
Jun 25, 2017, 10:32 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Yeah, I just grabbed the motor can with pliers and twisted the blade in the same direction as the threads to loosen. Pops right off. No wiggling or nothing.

You know me Bud. Prop balance check first

Mike.
Jun 25, 2017, 11:15 PM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
I have to review Bugs 6 when it comes in from BG after I do a short line of sight and video recording review (since I already did a full one for bugs 8) but I'm willing to use it to play "test dummy" for crazy ideas if they won't be too expensive for me to buy. The 4-in-1 8A ESC scares me, though. It says 4 x 12A burst... but Blue Bugs, you were unable to use 3S at all if I'm reading right?
Latest blog entry: MJX Bugs 8 FPV Flight
Jun 25, 2017, 11:52 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
John, It's my understanding that a 3S just won't work with the Bugs 6. Some kind of safety shut off.

Mike.
Jun 26, 2017, 12:00 AM
Lurking...posting...
The shutdown when using 3S is most likely a safety feature that detects if amp draw is too high for the speed controllers to manage, so maybe 3S is out of the question.

Higher discharge 2S+weight reduction is probably the safest way right now for better performance.

Edit: I wonder if using smaller 5" props like a 5040 or 5045 two blade could mitigate the issue of amp draw when using 3S. I've seen sone thrust tests on 1806 motors with 5" props & 3S and most of them only draw 10A at most which is below the 12A burst of the Bugs 6/8 escs.
Last edited by UnderLing; Jun 26, 2017 at 12:17 AM.
Jun 26, 2017, 12:44 AM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Thanks mike! That makes sense then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderLing
Edit: I wonder if using smaller 5" props like a 5040 or 5045 two blade could mitigate the issue of amp draw when using 3S. I've seen sone thrust tests on 1806 motors with 5" props & 3S and most of them only draw 10A at most which is below the 12A burst of the Bugs 6/8 escs.
I was about to suggest something similar but wasn't sure about the amperage draw. This is good to know. Maybe some DAL 5045 regular will work for this. Don't know about a viable 2s battery though, and figures I don't have my 3s graphenes on me... but they are kind of heavy anyway.
Latest blog entry: MJX Bugs 8 FPV Flight
Jun 26, 2017, 01:06 AM
Frequent Flyer RC Blew Up His Bugs 8 on 3S i saw it happen.
was doing a punchout to test and show what happens? fell from the sky dead mans drop from about 50 ft, happens that quickly,
funny to watch actually as it came tumbling down and his comments that followed

i posted his video and made reference to this
NO 3 S / Dont Try It/ It Will Blow

i am considering the previous suggestions of" High C" 2sBattery
just what the astro nots took to the moon
Bugs 3 Runs Fine on 3s, and i have proven that over and over with full punchouts to 300 ft

yea thats right when hooking up the 3s battery it did not want to start normally, fiddled with red unlocking button then 4 motors started but when I tried to take off 1 motor stuttered and stopped. Did the same thing 3 times Something Prevented Me from Take Off using 3s.
Thank The Quad Gods
Last edited by Blue Bugs; Jun 26, 2017 at 01:32 AM.
Jun 26, 2017, 04:17 PM
More Power / More Pitch heres how
you know this has been a complaint from the start, mentioned several places
so i make update on changes that have improved this out of the box experience

i now click the forward trim button on transmitter up 5 to 10 clicks.
this will make a noticeable deeper front pitch... it does take away from rear backwards tilt.
Hover is no longer center sticks, but its possible to hover fine knowing how to fly well

I have Bugs 3 Battery, left over from my flyaway that got run over by a car.
it survived this final crash..... Fits Bugs 6 using a shim inside. I find a 25cent piece fits perfectly and keeps battery from shifting. it is larger mah,
I get Better Punchouts Now, making me happier. CG is fine, It Feels it Powers the Motor Faster, and Last Longer too....

still more mods coming, hope it dont upset solo