4 Stars Very Good / Satisfied 3 30.00%
3 Stars Good / Fair / 2 20.00%
2 Stars Disappointed 0 0%
1 Star Do Not Buy 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Jun 23, 2017, 05:34 PM
Mini-Review

MJX Bugs 6 / RC Flyers Reviews

MJX Bugs 6 Quad Racer-Style Testing + Opinions / Entry Level Brush-Less FPV Quadcopter-Drone
Community Based Discussions to be all inclusive- ongoing- always under constructions.
1 Star Poll Result is Dis-Qualified / NON OWNER NON FLYER NON OPINIONS see who? (click 1 star)

***Special Discounted Price Alert / Limited Time Only*** $76.99 reg $97 to $106

Get While Instock***Will Run Out. takes minutes using Link Below

http://www.gearbest.com/brushless-fp...pp_623166.html
members are reporting ++ positive experience, receiving the U.S. Deliveries in about 12 days to 2 Weeks.

Coupon Code Member Discount GBbugs6 / Special Discount Offer for RC Groups Members Who Find it / all Others Pay Full Price
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post Your Opinions and Videos of your Bugs Review
Honest Un-Biased by Actual Flyers
(no shills or trolls please)

read page #4 for Transmitter to Bugs Calibrations instructions
/ the manual will only frustrate you and not work
Got this in Today, Chap another Member will Share His Box Opening Video below with a Review Later
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bugs 8 is a similar model with included FPV Gear Included as a Kit. Camera, Monitor & Headset. Bugs 9 is only Camera installed.

Bugs 6 New Entry Level Racer Style Quad /No FPV Gear / Under $100 RTF

Best Model because Your Allowed to install any Camera Gear of your Choice for Clear Long Range Picture / links will follow
This Thread Is All About Bugs Made By MJX
Show Us Your Bugs 6 Version. What Did You Do? Who Did You Trust with your live video feed?
Quality Recently Improved using Wireless 5.8g Technology. Took Years of Developments to achieve light weight Smaller Cams.

Give Links To Your Best Choice Gear
links to where to buy.
Post Your Flying Videos & Crash Photos for Bugs 6 or Bugs 8 they are the Same... NuB's Welcome

BUGS 6 Intermediate Flying Skills Necessary, Not a Beginners Quad. Entry Level To FPV Flying by MJX / Just Released Summer/17

*****Complete Bugs 6 Specs + Details by Seby / Test Review link below*****
........ see here: http://www.drone-maniac.com/test-mjx-bugs-6/
Welcome to the RC Groups Fun Flyers Review Forum......

MJX Bugs 6 Review 🐞✔ (11 min 15 sec)

Bugs 8 & 6 FPV Racing Quad from MJX RC (15 min 11 sec)
Last edited by Blue Bugs; Today at 03:46 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 23, 2017, 05:36 PM

Consider MJX Bugs 6 to Learn on 1st

Experience the RC Hobby with Practice.. see Where the Hobby Can Lead
TUNNELS (4 min 33 sec)

Hope Some Day I can Fly Like This... GearBest and Banggood already have what it takes
Last edited by Blue Bugs; Jul 13, 2017 at 10:44 PM.
Jun 23, 2017, 05:38 PM

My Review Space

This will be Updated Frequently Here: as i just got Bugs 6 in Today. 6/23 MJX Summer Release '17
Its a New Model, Very Few Currently Own/ Reviews are + with members satisfied.
1st YouTube Video Review Posted only days ago. / says he likes it
a Special Surprise from GearBest Arrived Recently as a Sample to Test.......Dreams Do Come True

more details with specifics coming to this #3 Post. it will contain my Review

it will be ongoing here / will include my opinions, mods, links tips etc.
================================================== ===========

My First Reactions Is I Like It...... for several reasons that will be explained

Indoor Hover Is Perfect Center without Trims Needed. right out of the box. No Drifting , No Issue. Nice
Yaw is Excellent Response. Crisp , Precise, No Lag or OverShoot/ Faster Speed Yaw than Many Others for Tighter Turns
Flying Characteristics is Smooth and Steady. Not Jumpy or Twitchy.
Fantastic Funnels I think All Will Agree. Tight.... probably best out of all my quads so far. real nice mjx with the pid's

Lacking in Power & Pitch is my main complaint-con- gripe-whatever you call it / out of the box
there is an upgrade bugs 250 3s that i look forward to... not out yet, only a illustrations at this point.
I was Able To Improve the Forward Pitch/ Deeper with 5 to 10 Clicks Up of theTrim Button On Transmitter
For Forward FPV see improvements easy with just a quick adjustment. Backward Flight is Reduced, Forward Deep Pitch Possible.

Power will be handled with a Mod Coming Up Testing 2204 Motors / see if it will blow

experimenting with Higher C Battery will also deliver a Faster Punchout.

OK had more time to fly it out in Large Field, same as the other quads so to compare the flights to each other
more stable than bugs 3 / cruising style , not as sporty like the xk251, Bugs 3 is more powerful than this model on the punch outs.
I go Full Pitch Forward and Full Throttle and seem to want more. Bugs 3 Battery Fits Fine with Shim or Guitar Pick, CG Is No Issue.

for added excitements i feel limited to the plastic motors torque ... mjx are you listening?

Will be good for me learning to fly fpv for the first time, but no doubts will explore other motor options as i really like the flying characteristics, does not make me feel nervous like bugs 3 did. I am Very Satisfied with this Quad. Has Potentials......
Need to explore the various camera options and transmitters. will provide photos and install tips, what i find out, links.
i want super clear 200mw type range without breakups. not using a 25mw all in one with clover leaf. looking for better.

Bugs 6 has some special props that go with the plastic brush-less motors
thats right no alum casing. plastic motors, 1st for me.

Lights Are Great. Bright White on the Front, Red on the Back 2 Led ea.
For Orientations MJX Got This Right.... Really Like the Led's on this. Better than Bugs 3
however from the Sides the Lights Dont Show and Go Black. Nothing. At Straight Up Above You with Punchouts the Lights are not seen as they are mounted on the front and do not shine downwards. i might add extra leds for additional navigations / as a mod coming up

Landing Legs not fantastic but better than others. Not Bouncy. 4 Sturdy Legs Attached with 2 screws ea I Get Solid Landings without Tilting Over. Need to keep the legs attached otherwise unsteady sitting on only the battery. Does Not Come With Prop Guards. Oh Darn.

Flight is Nice, Better for me than Bugs 3 and the jjrc x1 / only complaint for me... lacking in Power and Pitch.
i attempted to install a 3s battery and hope to go faster....
i know already seen Frequent Flyer rc Blow his Bugs8 up doing this. Tried anyways but the Bugs 6 just beeps and tries not to start, after playing with it, i got the motors going but on taking off, 1 motor suddenly cut off. It appears to be a safety on the bugs 6. Cannot run 3s.
Bugs 3 can run on 3s and not burn the esc with increased punchout power.

Another ++ Plus... When You Cut the Motors quickly at High Altitude, It Drops Steady and Quickly but need to maintain about 10% Throttle. If You Cut off to 0% it will drop and tumble and get out from under, flipping about.
Bugs 3 testing was unstable for me and would pulse the motors to regain balance. Nice Steady Free Fall Flight with Some Throttle Maintained.

Want More ++ plus? guess what
there is a built in Beeper On Bugs 6. Cut The Transmitter / Loose Signal / Bugs Start Beepin Automatically. no mod necessary

New Model Bugs 250 Racer Quad is Upgrade 3s to This Model due out later.
Manufacture Website Here: MJX Brushless Models http://www.mjxrc.net/goods/brushless-drone.html

i might just upgrade the motors after some research later and what others recommend below to go with.
first need to see what happens with the FPV Gear I Find.... Never Done This

Its a new Experience as I never flown fpv yet. Hope to Learn from Others Who Post Below
Last edited by Blue Bugs; Jul 13, 2017 at 10:45 PM.
Jun 23, 2017, 09:33 PM

Quadcopter 101 / Bugs 6

Here Is Quadcopter 101 Review of Bugs 6 / Out Less than 1 Week 6/17
MJX Bugs 6 Brushless Sport Drone Flight Test Review (15 min 7 sec)

MJX Entry Level Quad Racer for Intermediate Flyers
Jun 24, 2017, 05:38 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
I guess it's ok if I claim a spot here then, to put my review. No use creating a new thread.

Soon to be updated, if the weather is cooperative enough, that is...

First Impression

The Bugs 6 is packed wonderfully. The quad is well protected, and can be fitted inside the box without having to take the props off. Easy for transportation, taking along while traveling, etc. The manual is pretty good, it covers the basic functions, and I didn't have trouble getting the quad into the air after a couple of minutes. Though that might also be because of having experience with multiple quads, including the Bugs 3.

Flying LoS

The Bugs 6 flies nicely, hover is solid, and the motors sound pretty smooth and silent. There are 2 rates, low, and high, activated by pressing the left shoulder button on the transmitter, next to the red start button. The bright leds up front and red leds at the rear make it easy to keep orientation.

Climb power is not very high, but it might get better as the battery gets a few cycles, as I've seen other people's Bugs 6 climb faster than mine. Handling a breeze also proved to be no problem, it was solid, and responsive.

Here's a video showing one of the first flights:

MJX Bugs 6 - First test (1 min 29 sec)
Last edited by SoloProFan; Jun 28, 2017 at 01:10 PM.
Jun 24, 2017, 10:59 AM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Same for me.
Latest blog entry: MJX Bugs 8 FPV Flight
Jun 24, 2017, 12:41 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Hi Guys, I hope you all are enjoying your Bugs 6. I haven't had too much time to fly her but, that is a long and personal story.

I'm taking this review slowly as to not miss anything of importance.

============================================
Prop Removal and replacement

A couple of things I would like to bring up before the vid. First, the bore of the prop has a very slight key way. Many of you may have found yourself struggling to get your props off. As I mentioned in my vid, I used a pair of pliers (that left no mark at all) and twisted the prop by hand and it popped right off. This made no effect on that key way.

Second, I like this method of the prop mount. It's very much like my Recoil 17" boat. So, big thumbs up on that.

DSCN0470 (4 min 12 sec)

Nav lights.

I like them and then I don't like them. What I like about them is common sense lighting. Red for the rear and bright white for the front. Much like an ordinary car. What I don't like is that these beautiful lights disappear at certain altitudes (usually straight above your head)=Black out. You will note this in the vid. IMHO, I think LED's should be mounted on the underside.
Mike.
DSCN0467 (5 min 40 sec)

===========================================
===========================================

As I follow up on my overall assessment of the MJX Bugs 6, I want to thank Gearbest for giving me the opportunity for sending me a MJX Bugs 6 to test. Unfortunately I only had the chance to fly her twice (maybe 3 times).

Punch out is excellent as you can see in one flight. The big problem I have with the MJX Bugs 6 is the NAV lights. They are well set up = bright lights forward and red lights on the back. Much like your ordinary auto. Makes perfect sense to me.

Nav. Lights Cont; The one thing I didn't like about the Nav lights is that the model "disappears" at a broadside angle. For you racing Guys this may not pose a problem but, it is for me.

First time handling the Bugs 6 I knew it was a winner especially in the crash department. I loved the "criss cross" construction in the frame arms. I immediately knew this was strong good construction.

In the long run, expect a lot from a well priced quad.
Last edited by Chap1012; Jul 19, 2017 at 04:58 PM. Reason: updating
Jun 25, 2017, 08:29 AM
Lurking...posting...
1800kv motors just aren't fast enough for a sport quad like this, it really would benefit from a 2300kv or higher motor especially since it's spinning a smaller, easier to spin prop. A higher kv would be a plus.

But before you go mad and create a frankenstein quad, try simpler mods like removing excess weight or upgrading the lipo to a higher C type like this, it'll give it that pep it needs without it having to go under the hot soldering iron

https://www.amainhobbies.com/tattu-2...p-xt30/p635608
Jun 25, 2017, 11:34 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
UnderLing, If I remember you have a Bugs 3 right? Blue Bugs reports you can use the batteries from your Bugs 3 with no adverse effects. CG, etc..

Mike.
Jun 25, 2017, 11:40 AM
Thijs rc
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderLing
1800kv motors just aren't fast enough for a sport quad like this, it really would benefit from a 2300kv or higher motor especially since it's spinning a smaller, easier to spin prop. A higher kv would be a plus.

But before you go mad and create a frankenstein quad, try simpler mods like removing excess weight or upgrading the lipo to a higher C type like this, it'll give it that pep it needs without it having to go under the hot soldering iron

https://www.amainhobbies.com/tattu-2...p-xt30/p635608
can't we add 2300kv motors?
Jun 25, 2017, 12:22 PM

Chap Open Box Video from GearBest

GearBest Delivered Long Standing Member Chap a Surprise Recently
DSCN0463 (5 min 3 sec)

His # 7 Post Above has Nav Lights and Prop Balance
video explains it / the story / and how this thread got started
Last edited by Blue Bugs; Jul 12, 2017 at 03:34 PM.
Jun 25, 2017, 01:11 PM
Lurking...posting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012
UnderLing, If I remember you have a Bugs 3 right? Blue Bugs reports you can use the batteries from your Bugs 3 with no adverse effects. CG, etc..

Mike.
I'm not talking about battery mah capacity, but the C(discharge) Rating of the lipo to give it that extra "oomph" factor.

Both B3 & B6 have 25C whereas the one I linked to is 75C and from a reputable brand. Higher C=Less voltage sag/more available power=Faster/punchier feeling kwad

Sure, C ratings are generally overexaggerated nonsense but you'll get a better sense of a quad's flying prowess if you give it some quality lipo packs. Making it lighter helps a heap as well.
Jun 25, 2017, 01:21 PM
Lurking...posting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by thijs slotman
can't we add 2300kv motors?
You could as long as the new motors fit the stock screw holes, the main problem is whether or not there's any recalibration needed for those motors to properly sync with the escs and flight board. Guess someone's gotta volunteer to be the guinea pig for that experiment.
Jun 25, 2017, 01:40 PM
Thijs rc
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderLing
You could as long as the new motors fit the stock screw holes, the main problem is whether or not there's any recalibration needed for those motors to properly sync with the escs and flight board. Guess someone's gotta volunteer to be the guinea pig for that experiment.
yes that and we need to know how much amps those esc's can handle
maybe bugs 3 esc's are better?
Jun 25, 2017, 02:19 PM

1806 Motors Options

OK i am not waiting to do something about it.
have about 6 flights in so far
/ flight characteristics are satisfying
================================================
see ebay links and photos below for 1806 motor size
price is right, not sure if the motor brand is. willing to spend more for a name brand someone have ideas?

Ebay Listings
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4PCS-1806-23...MAAOSwRUhZAEZD

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4X-iFLY-1806...sAAOSwRoxXmj01

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4XEMAX-MT180...cAAOSwSzdXDLpq emax higher price

any opinions on this? will do a measure on the screw spacings mm before purchase to make sure it lines up.
but for sure going for it.

compared with the bugs 3 punchouts on 3s, somewhat of a let down performance wise currently. good thing i can do something about it
i am getting rid of my plastic motors mjx.... no thanks

here is motor screw spacings/ checked into it / edit update
i have jjrc x1 uses same size motor / but with 12mm screw spacing. will not work as is. possible to drill small holes in plastic arm to make fit OK. I measured the bugs 6 motor screw spacing / find it measures 15/16 mm not sure if this is common ?
Last edited by Blue Bugs; Jun 25, 2017 at 05:06 PM.