East Coast HLG Festival - ECHLGF-2017 - October 6-8, 2017 - Farmville, NC - Page 3 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 29, 2017, 12:57 AM
M Seid
If you can have olegfest aug 14/15....I'm in. I know Carolina will be 70 degrees and low humidity both those days.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 29, 2017, 12:59 AM
That's such a nicer date!
Jun 29, 2017, 07:59 AM
Oleg Golovidov
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Seid
If you can have olegfest aug 14/15....I'm in. I know Carolina will be 70 degrees and low humidity both those days.
Mike, are you planning to be in NC or SC on that weekend?
Do you mean Aug 12-13?
We can organize a mini-olegfest for you.
We can probably get 4-6 pilots show up if we are lucky and the weather is as cool as you promise.

You will still have to show up on Oct 6-8 though. Think about wearing something special too. This seems to be the theme of the event.
Jun 29, 2017, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olgol
Do you mean Aug 12-13?
We can organize a mini-olegfest for you.
I know Seid is pretty but that is BASS. Come to BASS Seid!
Jun 29, 2017, 08:38 AM
Oleg Golovidov
Oops, forgot that small detail. Sorry Austin!
OK, Mike, the mini-olegfest on Aug 12-13 is being transferred to Baltimore.
Jun 29, 2017, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardracer
If she doesn't see this thread, Bridget may accompany me.
Bridget knows us by now, she will still show up...
Jun 29, 2017, 09:04 AM
IHeartDLG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merk
Bridget knows us by now, she will still show up...
True
Jul 09, 2017, 12:34 PM
Oleg Golovidov
Time to bring this thread to the top!
Don't stop those registrations coming please.

I know we have enough interest in an informal Friday 1m event.
Since Kyle will likely be busy with the Jr pilot of the family we will have to manage the Friday's activities without him.

Now I also received a request for running 1m in the main event as a separate class.
We had that discussion last year what about trying it again?
Some obvious choices are 1) add 1m pilots to the sportsmen group and fly them together, 2) add a separate 1m group. Anything else?
The main question then is - can expert pilots also fly in 1m class? This would double their flights amount.
Jul 09, 2017, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Time to bring this thread to the top!
Don't stop those registrations coming please.

I know we have enough interest in an informal Friday 1m event.

Now I also received a request for running 1m in the main event as a separate class.
We had that discussion last year what about trying it again?
Some obvious choices are 1) add 1m pilots to the sportsmen group and fly them together, 2) add a separate 1m group. Anything else?
The main question then is - can expert pilots also fly in 1m class? This would double their flights amount.
Oleg, this may also need to be a face to face discussion with all the DESS contest organizing staff. I do not think a separate flight group including anyone flying the main event with a 1.5m plane doubles the activity as it should result in fewer total rounds and less flying for those not flying 1m. With an informal 1m event on Fri I think if one chooses to fly a 1m for the main event that is what they fly against all other planes. That does not prevent one from switching back and forth (1m and 1.5m) just as anyone else changing 1.5m planes only. I am fine with choice #1, but maybe the sportsman are not as it mixes apples and oranges.

Having said all that, I would still like to hear other comments and opinions. This needs to be decided soon as it will require special comments on the sanction request, depending.

Dick
Jul 09, 2017, 02:16 PM
God Created me to Create
Dick has a point, Friday should be enough 1M. No need to change how things have been done for such a long time.
Last edited by The_Builder; Jul 09, 2017 at 08:25 PM. Reason: grammar
Jul 09, 2017, 06:57 PM
M Seid
Quote:
Oops, forgot that small detail. Sorry Austin!
OK, Mike, the mini-olegfest on Aug 12-13 is being transferred to Baltimore.
That is a good idea. I will sign up for the real olegfest. I will have a 1m as well. Hopefully the 100 year rain from last year stays away. We are flying out to Charlotte on the 14th now anyway.
Jul 10, 2017, 12:27 AM
Oleg Golovidov
Mike, please do sign up!

Regarding 1m - I was hoping to hear a few more "YES" replies...
Jul 10, 2017, 05:52 AM
DLG Addict
I should be able to make it for the 1m event on Friday before ECHLGF-

Jason
Jul 10, 2017, 06:48 AM
I'm not as bad as they say.
I'd like to see a 1 meter class during the regular competition.
If it appears to take away too many regular rounds, then perhaps you could fly the 1 meter every other round instead of every round.
You might get 6 rounds of 1 meter completed that way, not perfect if you are a 1 meter fan, but it's a start.
Latest blog entry: AIrcraft I've built.
Jul 10, 2017, 10:19 AM
Kyle Clayton
We will have Jr by then, but I am tentatively clear to make it down to this contest, barring any unforeseen issues
Latest blog entry: Helios and XXLite DLG