Jun 23, 2017, 09:25 PM
Don or Joe - can you remind me which Turnigy servos & other equipment you used? You showed me at WoodCrafters and I want to get it on order ASAP. According to USPS my Chrysalis Lite will be here on Monday!
to remove ads between posts
Jun 23, 2017, 10:30 PM
We have flown it successfully with the little Turnigy 1440A 4 gram servos, and that's what I'm using on mine for the spoilers (I believe Joe is as well). However for only one gram more the Turnigy 1551A has faster speed, more torque and better centering, so that's what we're using on the ruddervators. We're using the Lemon 6-channel receiver, an 850-1000 mah 2S Li-poly battery and the little Hobby King 5v/1a voltage regulator between the battery and the Rx.
Jun 23, 2017, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAGNUT
looks like the same wing as the 1.5M with an extra 0.5M flat panel in the middle?
Well, the first proof of concept prototype started out that way, but things evolved from there, and now it's basically a new design, with all sorts of subtle differences, and relatively few common parts. And of course the pod, tail moment arm and tail design are completely different.
Jun 23, 2017, 11:11 PM
altitude adjustment
Nice!

Don, you wouldn't have a pic of the airframe before covering would you?

Mark
Jun 24, 2017, 09:05 AM
Joe has some on his Facebook page. I have a few partials. Here's a pic of the wing center-section, and an earlier version of the tail, just dry-fitted together, no glue.
Jun 24, 2017, 10:15 AM
DJ Aerotech
Thread OP

Wing frame

A "Lite" wing skeleton....
Jun 24, 2017, 10:17 AM
IHeartDLG
Just stumbled across this thread, thanks to a photo on the front page. Beautiful design, guys. I have been contemplating a F3RES build for months now, and find all the elements that I want here. Guess it's time to stockpile a little of the hobby allowance.
Jun 24, 2017, 03:35 PM
altitude adjustment
I mostly fly slope but do enjoy flat field thermal soaring as well(mostly DLGs). I've never built a wood frame glider but have always been interested. The 2 meter RESs from Europe have caught my attention for some time now but have held off ordering one due to availability/shipping hassles. This thing looks better and better every time I look.

Mark
Jun 24, 2017, 04:39 PM
Onward and Upward.
Brilliant, Don And Joe. Good timing with an excellent performing design. Americans can still design and manufacture the best if they want to. I guess I'll have to purchase one now.
Last edited by PilatusPC12; Jun 25, 2017 at 02:42 PM.
Jun 24, 2017, 10:35 PM
Sailplaner
This was no doubt worth the wait. A couple of detail fanatics aren't about to release a kit until they know it is right. Time to pilfer some of the folding money from the secret stash. Yeah, you know you have one too.
Jun 25, 2017, 02:12 AM
aka KF7DS
Mine is on its way. Finishing my 1.5m pod and boom electric and can't wait to see upcoming build logs.

Don and Joe seem to have been very busy with now 3 new offerings.....and an upcoming pod and boom 2m?

Don
Jun 25, 2017, 12:38 PM
You mean the "big" 2-meter? We have an electric version already flying, that's what we're using to test the full-house wing. That's coming along as well, but taking a while, because we're also using the new carbon spar concept we have in the 1.5 meter electric and the Chrysalis Lite. Adding that requires a pretty extensive redesign of each and every rib, which requires a massive amount of CAD work
Jun 25, 2017, 03:14 PM
In the normal 2m kit, there is an option for cross tail or v tail. Any chance of doing this on the Lite? Not a big fan of v tails. I see your 2m electric Chrysalis has a 3 piece wing as a option. Is the normal wing 2 piece?
Jun 25, 2017, 04:00 PM
Don/Joe:

Your new airplane looks very, very nice indeed. You will be hearing from one of us pretty soon for an order, I reckon. I look forward to getting one of my own, for sure.

Yours, Greg
Jun 25, 2017, 06:21 PM
Onward and Upward.
This will make a good comparison with the European ships, Greg.

Randy

Quick Reply