East Coast F5J Festival - November 4-5, 2017 - Farmville, NC - Page 2 - RC Groups
Jun 29, 2017, 08:03 AM
Oleg Golovidov
David, thanks! I forgot about that. Yes please lets do it. I mean please add it to the ESL calendar.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 30, 2017, 12:30 PM
Got my cam f5j, us version (with restart)
Today
Very small and light weight
The display is bright and a lot easier to read than my altis.
Like the ALES cam, no computer needed.
Jul 11, 2017, 10:36 AM
Oleg Golovidov
Time to bring the thread to the top!
Hope to see a few more registrations!
I am very glad to see that we have our first registered pilot from the West Coast! Thanks Frank!
Hope more will decide to travel to our side of the country and join the fun.

Register here: East-Coast-F5J-Festival-2017 registration form
Pilot roster: East-Coast-F5J-Festival-2017 pilots
Jul 11, 2017, 12:19 PM
Oleg Golovidov
Great news!

Randy Brust of Soaring Circuits, the manufacturer of the great CAM and CAMF5J units, will be sponsoring our event!

This means we will get a number (about 100 units, right Randy? ) of CAMs for the raffle!
Jul 11, 2017, 12:24 PM
Soaring Circuits
99 max...
Jul 11, 2017, 12:35 PM
Randy, thank you! My 6+ year old CAM has seen service in a Radian Pro and Osprey and is still going strong. Great product.

Dick
Jul 11, 2017, 01:44 PM
Professional sink locator
Thank you Randy,
This is very generous of you and your company.

Garry
Jul 31, 2017, 12:48 PM
Oleg Golovidov
Bump!

Hoping to see some more pilot registrations
We will be working on the T-shirt design soon.
The field is in decent shape after yesterday's mowing session. We will obviously mow it many times more before the event.
Do not forget that camping is allowed, so if you have a camper or want to brave the elements in a simple tent, you are welcome to stay on the field.

Aug 01, 2017, 11:13 AM
Brady and I were having a conversation Sun during a few F5J flights that it might be a good idea to check your Altis V4 (if that is what you are using) memory if you like to review your flights. I checked mine this morning and it was 100% full. The device will still report altitude at motor shut off, you just will not have a record of the flight. I will most likely zero it out again just before the contest.

Dick
Aug 09, 2017, 05:33 PM
Service Engine Soon
I just got a new F5J cam also ,USA version . The problem I have is that, I have nothing to put it in. I came close a couple times, getting a new Ultima but chicken out do to the price. Then started looking at the Shadow II F5J but no feed back on flight but did fly the f3j version and didn't think it turned tight and slow. Then went on to the new 4 meter Xplorer III superlite. I even called SUSA to see if there was one in stock and just didn't pull the trigger do to price also. Maybe if I was offered 10% off?
But now I am very interested in what Oleg has designed and having built. I had a look at the elevator and vertical last weekend, yummy. I also can get one under the radar so the boss doesn't find out, a big factor in the cost.
Aug 29, 2017, 03:04 PM
Oleg Golovidov
Bump!

we gained a couple more local (or semi-local) pilots, which is great!
up to 16 registrations at the moment.
hoping for a few more!
Aug 29, 2017, 09:40 PM
Service Engine Soon
I hope,, I have all the bugs out of my Xplorer after 3 or more years of flying it. I replaced the DB9 connector and it tested good this past weekend.

I now have a decent back up ready. I used my old yellow X1 4 meter wing and already had a 1 st version e fuse. It's not F5J material as the total weight will be about 72oz but it should be good in high wind conditions.
Aug 30, 2017, 09:50 AM
E sailplane thermal hack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady Baggs
I hope,, I have all the bugs out of my Xplorer after 3 or more years of flying it. I replaced the DB9 connector and it tested good this past weekend.

I now have a decent back up ready. I used my old yellow X1 4 meter wing and already had a 1 st version e fuse. It's not F5J material as the total weight will be about 72oz but it should be good in high wind conditions.
Brady, my F5J flying buddy Aric flies a 78oz 4M Xplorer ,, and does quite well with it,, that's ALL he flies. He recently took 2nd in flyoffs at Visalia F5J against planes half the weight of his. So just remember it's mainly the pilot . The Europeans say it's about 80% pilot and 20% plane. ;-)
And your right , he does extremely well if there's wind.
But he's doing good even in calmer conditions too.
Sep 01, 2017, 10:08 AM
Oleg Golovidov
It is great to see one more registration from the opposite part of the country, and from non other than Lenny Keer himself!
We now have two non-local, very long distance pilots registered
In addition to a few East Coast long distance pilots that is.
Lenny, looking forward to having you at our event!

Sep 01, 2017, 10:59 AM
Thanks Oleg!
It's nice to see an F5J contest in the east and I'm looking forward to meeting some new faces.

Lenny