Esprit Model Announces Multi-Mode Gimbals for Jeti - RC Groups

Esprit Model Announces Multi-Mode Gimbals for Jeti

Multi-Mode gimbals, available for the DS-14, 16, and 24, allow for quick and easy switching between centering and throttle style gimbal, with simple friction adjustment.

Esprit Model Announces Multi-Mode Gimbals for Jeti

Drop-In Gimbals for the DS-14

Esprit Model has just announced three new multi-mode gimbals for the Jeti DS-14, DS-16, and DS-24 transmitter. Multi-mode gimbals allow for painless adjustment between centering-mode gimbal (great for drones and multirotor aircraft) or throttle-style which is primarily for fixed wing but also useful for racing drones. By simply rotating a small bracket, you can lock out the return spring on the vertical axis and create a non-centering gimbal. This, along with the new friction assembly, makes for a vastly improved product for the DS-14 radio.

All new Jeti DS-14 Basic and DS-14 Diablo Transmitters will be shipping out with new Multi-Mode Gimbals, and existing DS-14 owners can upgrade by purchasing them from Esprit Model. The Multi-mode gimbal is available with or without haptic (vibration) feedback and comes in silver or black.

CLICK HERE to see the lineup of multi-mode Jeti gimbals at Esprit Model.

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Jun 22, 2017 at 10:03 AM..
Jun 22, 2017, 01:17 PM
At $240, that's one heck of an upgrade. At least they say that the new radios will ship with this installed. Wonder how they'll impact the price.
Jun 22, 2017, 04:06 PM
UAS Pilot - FAA# *******HRK
Sounds neat other you'd have to go deal with Esprit to get them.... NO THANKS!!!
Jun 23, 2017, 05:28 PM
Hmm....

My DX20 will do that with the gimbals and no extra charge....
Jun 23, 2017, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeb
Hmm....

The DX20 won't do that, but the DX6e will. The new Jeti gimbals allow mode changes without a screwdriver or disassembly, the only other TX with that feature is the DX6e with the switch at the rear.
Jun 23, 2017, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
The DX20 won't do that, but the DX6e will. The new Jeti gimbals allow mode changes without a screwdriver or disassembly, the only other TX with that feature is the DX6e with the switch at the rear.
You cannot change the gimbals on the DX20 with a screwdriver and it requires no disassembly; it takes an Allen wrench on the front side.....
Jun 23, 2017, 06:35 PM
espritmodel.com
How are the hall sensor gimbals on your DX20 working out? My real 24 channel radio even have both vibration gimbals built in, sure the "Pro Class" company can make something happen or is the leather the real highlight.

Zb/Esprit

Jun 23, 2017, 09:30 PM
espritmodel.com
Quote:
Hmm....

Nope, those are Mode 1-5. You can have both centered.
Last edited by Esprit Model; Jun 23, 2017 at 09:40 PM.
Jun 23, 2017, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauropitotto
At $240, that's one heck of an upgrade.
I have been told by Jeti' owner that the metal gimbals would not fit into the DS14... now they seem to do.
anyway 695$ + metal gimbals + all software upgrades it ends up being much more expensive than the DS16.
they will never become the market leader with such a ridiculous marketing strategy
Jun 24, 2017, 04:01 PM
Suspenders Account
Quote:
Hmm....

But YOUR DX20.. well that sucker has been back to the manufacturer for repairs 16 times now.
Jun 24, 2017, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radikal
I have been told by Jeti' owner that the metal gimbals would not fit into the DS14... now they seem to do.
anyway 695$ + metal gimbals + all software upgrades it ends up being much more expensive than the DS16.
they will never become the market leader with such a ridiculous marketing strategy
They're not interested in becoming a market leader. Their demographic is that of the "premium" pro modelers. It's the only way they could justify their pricing strategy. $200 premium for some paint and a $10 sheet of CF. Bulky $50 receivers with soldered antennas that can't be user replaced easily, $240 gimbals as an upgrade when they're going to be included as stock on new base models.

Now they've got limited resources for development, but the market seems to support their pricing, so that's what they'll continue to do.

If they were interested in being a market leader, then they would have made a radio line that was accessible. Plastic body DS14 to compete in price with the DX9, but exceed function.

No matter. I'm happy with my Jeti as is. No upgrades for me!
Jun 27, 2017, 02:12 AM
Glitch Master
This product is like putting hubcaps on a garden tractor. I'll pass, thank you!
Jun 27, 2017, 08:50 AM
What amazes me is futaba can charge $3k for a radio with less capability than the DS-16 and yet people say Jeti is Cadillac priced. People sure are weird when it comes to brands.
I'm about a nanometer away from making the switch to Jeti from Hitec, since Hitec doesn't seem to care about advancements in their radio system.
Jun 27, 2017, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicJet
What amazes me is futaba can charge $3k for a radio with less capability than the DS-16 and yet people say Jeti is Cadillac priced. People sure are weird when it comes to brands.
I'm about a nanometer away from making the switch to Jeti from Hitec, since Hitec doesn't seem to care about advancements in their radio system.
You do realize that Futaba's always been the poster child for Cadillac pricing (JR's pretty bad for it as well these days, particularly with the 28X).
Jun 27, 2017, 09:06 AM
espritmodel.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Varley
This product is like putting hubcaps on a garden tractor. I'll pass, thank you!
Yup, sorry but I do not hear you my radio is too loud.

Zb/Esprit

Jeti Shorts: Jeti FM Radio, Games & Microphone (What The Hell?) (1 min 38 sec)