Official CrystalSky ***Owner's Thread*** - RC Groups
Jun 22, 2017, 10:50 AM
US Support / 107 Certified
New Product

Official CrystalSky ***Owner's Thread***

Since its inception, DJI has revolutionized the tech industry with innovations that have fundamentally reshaped and improved the experience of drone flying. Over the last several years, products like the Inspire series, Phantom series, and Mavic Pro have featured incredible advancements in video transmission, flight control, computer vision, and camera technologies.

With the Phantom 4 Pro+, DJI released a controller with an ultra-bright built-in screen that allows users to always see their live camera feed clearly, even in bright sunlight. DJI has applied this same technology to CrystalSky monitors, which are compatible with multiple DJI products, feature incredible battery life, and operate well at extremely high and low temperatures. Learn more about CrystalSky monitors on our official website: http://www.dji.com/crystalsky.

Today, DJI is happy to announce a temporary price reduction for 7.85 CrystalSky monitors and a compensation plan for customers who have already purchased them. Anyone who has already bought a 7.85 CrystalSky monitor at the original sales price can enjoy a 15% to 17% rebate, depending on their purchase region.

Users can request compensation from their authorized DJI dealer or the DJI Online Store until December 31, 2017. On January 1, 2018, the 7.85 CrystalSky monitor will return to its original price and compensation applications will no longer be accepted. Original prices and sales prices in Chinese yuan, US dollars, and Euros are listed below:

We would also like to announce estimated shipping dates for each CrystalSky monitor model:

5.5" High-Brightness CrystalSky monitors are now available at the DJI Online Store and through certain authorized DJI dealers.

You can preorder 7.85" High-Brightness CrystalSky monitors now, which are estimated to ship on July 30, 2017.

The preorder date for 7.85" Ultra-Brightness CrystalSky monitors will be announced soon.
Latest blog entry: Mavic CrystalSky Mount
to remove ads between posts
Jun 22, 2017, 12:18 PM
RIP Charlie T. Wilbury, Jr.

Been a while coming after a very early announcement but these are definitely great looking devices.

Can't wait.

The Manual is here

http://www.dji.com/crystalsky/info#downloads
Jun 22, 2017, 12:22 PM
After hearing all the issues with Android devices on the other threads, I'm a little nervous about the CS devices since they are Android based.

Are my fears valid? Is the CS reliable? Should I expect it to disconnect or freeze? I have high hopes.

My Ipad mini has never crashed, restarted or froze during use but unfortunately I think the mini 4 is the last mini tablet from Apple.
Jun 22, 2017, 12:24 PM
Confirmed that there will be an optional accessory to enable HDMI and SDI IN.
Jun 22, 2017, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennGoodlett
After hearing all the issues with Android devices on the other threads, I'm a little nervous about the CS devices since they are Android based.

Are my fears valid? Is the CS reliable? Should I expect it to disconnect or freeze? I have high hopes.

My Ipad mini has never crashed, restarted or froze during use but unfortunately I think the mini 4 is the last mini tablet from Apple.
It's a known hardware spec..unlike with most other androids.
Jun 22, 2017, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike

Nice this is very interesting
Jun 22, 2017, 12:34 PM
Quote:
I can't wait to see how that is going to connect...
Jun 22, 2017, 12:43 PM
details for the module:
Two sdi ports. one in one out. for loop out sdi signal.
two hdmi ports. one in one out. for loop out hdmi signal.
can be powered by ronin 2 and communicate ronin 2 via cable.
Jun 22, 2017, 12:45 PM

Quote:
details for the module:

Two sdi ports. one in one out. for loop out sdi signal.

two hdmi ports. one in one out. for loop out hdmi signal.

can be powered by ronin 2 and communicate ronin 2 via cable.

How's that connecting Blade, is there additional connections on the rear battery area ?

Or perhaps though the C USB 2 port but not sure that's fast enough ?

That's a lot of data to transfer
Jun 22, 2017, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1
It is shown as USB C 2.0HS which can't handle that, I wonder if it has been upgraded to 3.0...
Jun 22, 2017, 12:57 PM
cant wait!
Jun 22, 2017, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1
How's that connecting Blade, is there additional connections on the rear battery area ?

That's a lot of data to transfer
Don't know how it will be connected yet.. this was news just told to me this morning!
Jun 22, 2017, 01:42 PM
Interesting to know if it can loop Sdi out when using Hdmi in
Jun 22, 2017, 02:03 PM
Part 107 Certified
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennGoodlett

With Apple they are building with a standard hardware set in mind. In the android world there is much more different hardware that might be running under the operating system. Some of that hardware might be very slow. I see it as very challenging to write complicated software ware that is stable on
many different devices.

By producing their own android product, DJI has an opportunity to optimize their software to run best on their hardware. I suspect that after a few revisions we will eventually have a very stable DJI GO app when running on the Crystal Sky hardware. I suspect they will reduce their testing of other phone and tablets and focus on making their own be the best it can be.
Jun 22, 2017, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telrin
It is shown as USB C 2.0HS which can't handle that, I wonder if it has been upgraded to 3.0...

Possibly but USB C is capable of everything from HDMI to PCI Express, but it's just as possible it's Via HDMI actually.

We will have to wait and see