Show off your local flying club. - RC Groups
Jun 22, 2017, 04:38 AM
nic
Discussion

Show off your local flying club.

Good day guys.

This idea for this message has been with me for a while but I decided to just go for it and post.
The aim of this thread is to show pictures and or videos of your local flying club and maybe a couple stories in between.

So a little info about my club.

I am a proud member of URF (Umbila Radio Flyers ) in the east of Johannesburg South Africa. We are essentially a small club with only a handful of regular flyers every Saturday and Sunday.We have 3 runways which 2 are made of tar paving and 1 being made of concrete. What attracted me to the club were the members...out of all the club's that I have visited ( which I have visited a few ) umbila seemed to be the most welcoming and friendly place to be.
The members are always helpful and always willing to lend a helping hand ( a habit that I have too adopted ). My local club hosts a few fly inns every now and again and is always a good turn out made up of really stand up pilots.
We do not have many members at our club and therefore do not generate much income and so our facilities are not exactly world class but again that is not what attracts people to our club...At umbila we have a firm believe in promoting the hobby and involving as many people as possible...we are also one of very few club's that have a female pilot which happens to be my girlfriend ( yes I get many presents which consist of new planes ) .
To give you an idea of the kind of members we have...a friend of mine from the club has so many giant scale planes that he does not use and I asked him if he would sell one to me...he then decided that he would not sell the 100cc yak 54 but instead gave it to me.Many of our members do the same and are very genorous towards each other.
And here is a little bit of a rant about certain people: I can't understand why so many club's and people who fly at those club's have to be real douche bags...I have visited many club's where people are extremely rude and are not welcoming at all, I personally believe that everyone in this hobby is a family and we all have the same common interest so what is the point of being a douche bag. And again the people at my club are always the first to get up and greet anybody who arrives as a spectator or as a flyer...I would like people to share pictures about their club and cool stories too.

Inc.
to remove ads between posts