Jun 25, 2017, 12:03 PM

differential mix

Hello guys

exist any option for configure the ailerons in differential mix for secure turn in big gliders ?

I set this mix in my transmitter , but the AP not apply this mix.

I need this response in aileron servos and possibility to change the % of mix:

PicFerencial 1 de 2 (0 min 18 sec)

thanks,.
Regards
to remove ads between posts
Jun 25, 2017, 12:44 PM
Thread OP
No, there is no such option in our AP. But you may try to use EPA for both servos outputs (on one side), it will scale servo movements. I'm not sure it will fit your needs, but you may try it.
Jun 25, 2017, 03:16 PM

impossible autolanding

Hi Zbig and guys.

I am trying to get and autolanding with the system. In April I share with you this video in which you could see that the plane touch down far 100 meters from the runway.

Fail touchgo (2 min 0 sec)

Following your instructions I change the parameters to include 40% correction of out of the route and I have been able to try again now. The problem was exactly the same or even worst.

Please see the following video in the key moments to understand what is happening.

FIRST TRIAL
00:40 seg.
The plane go to the wrong direction, far from base and lower altitude. I recover the control to manual when the plane was 635m from base and only at 51 meters of altitude

SECOND TRIAL
01:45 when I was at 278 mt and at 117 of altitude
The plane turned and seems to go to the runway but it deviated to the right and due to the low altitude I recovered the control at 3:00. The course this time was a littler better but I seemed that the plane was in a parallel course of the real runaway.

THIRD TRIAL
4:14 I switch to engage the Auto mode to the BASE (not autoland).I was almost in line with the base at only 40m of altitude. The system put the throttle to max (70%) to reach the minimum altitude and I recover the control. I seems that the course was fine for this mode.

FOURTH TRIAL
10:16 Auto land mode changing the mode until 10:45
at more than 800 meters and 300 of altitude. The plane turn and take the right route but moving from right to left.

AT 12:23 i dont understand why if I have set the altitude between 100 and 200 why the system is applying motor even with 240meters and the speed over 30km/h. You can see the plane loitering over the base without problem and with a radius between 120m and 35

At 14:31 I engaged the autoland and the plane went far away until 800 meters and 64 of altitude when I recover the control

Here is the video to see those moments.
PITLAB AUTOLAND? (18 min 12 sec)

Is it the system working Right?Should I beat it? Burn it?
Jun 26, 2017, 02:19 AM
Hi Zbig,

What is the settings to perform automatic landing in case of receiver failure ?

I presume we first need to set a Runway but for all the auto-landing or return to runway modes an ILS layout must have been previously selected. In case of an receiver failure if the current layout is not with ILS does the AP select automatically the first layout with ILS to perform autolanding ?

Jun 26, 2017, 03:15 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxigeno View Post
Hi Zbig and guys.

I am trying to get and autolanding with the system. (...) Should I beat it? Burn it?
First send me your OSD settings backup, and log from groundstation if you have GS and log from this flight.
(or show at least screenshot with Autopilot, Runway and Service settings).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxincherry View Post
Hi Zbig,

What is the settings to perform automatic landing in case of receiver failure ?

I presume we first need to set a Runway but for all the auto-landing or return to runway modes an ILS layout must have been previously selected. In case of an receiver failure if the current layout is not with ILS does the AP select automatically the first layout with ILS to perform autolanding ?

Yes, you need to set runway for auto landing. In case of RC failure (no CPPM/SBUS signal from receiver) system selects first layout with ILS automatically and performs auto landing on selected runway.
Jun 28, 2017, 05:19 AM

HD FPV with Pitlab and new functionality request

As a member of Pitlab’s fun club, I’m trying to create my FPV dream-system with it.
My goal is the most immersing and realistic FPV system for fixed wing.
Recently tested Prosight as a HD video link with Pitlab AP on my MTD plane.
What to say... it's a large step forward!
There are two problems yet…
1. There is no OSD. Analog video link is working as telemetry channel only. So I have to use a Pitlab GS as a separate info screen during the flight.
2. 5.8Ghz HD video has limited range. 12db helix on the ground give me up to 6 km out distance.

So, Zbig, my proposal for next software release is the following:

1. Include a second screen on "FPV tracker" with plane attitude, speed, height, direction to base and battery capacity indication
as shown in attachment to be used in parallel to HD video link.
2. Include an option for Aux #4 and Aux #5 outputs to work as pan/tilt for onboard directional antenna.
This will give the possibility to use 10db crosshair onboard and get a very solid video link on 5.8Ghz with up to 20db link budget.

Let's make Pitlab an ultimate HD-ready FPV system!
Jun 28, 2017, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris Satovskiy View Post
As a member of Pitlab’s fun club, I’m trying to create my FPV dream-system with it.
My goal is the most immersing and realistic FPV system for fixed wing.
Recently tested Prosight as a HD video link with Pitlab AP on my MTD plane.
What to say... it's a large step forward!
There are two problems yet…
1. There is no OSD. Analog video link is working as telemetry channel only. So I have to use a Pitlab GS as a separate info screen during the flight.
2. 5.8Ghz HD video has limited range. 12db helix on the ground give me up to 6 km out distance.

So, Zbig, my proposal for next software release is the following:

1. Include a second screen on "FPV tracker" with plane attitude, speed, height, direction to base and battery capacity indication
as shown in attachment to be used in parallel to HD video link.
2. Include an option for Aux #4 and Aux #5 outputs to work as pan/tilt for onboard directional antenna.
This will give the possibility to use 10db crosshair onboard and get a very solid video link on 5.8Ghz with up to 20db link budget.

Let's make Pitlab an ultimate HD-ready FPV system!
I too have installed a Connex on my MFD twin, with a Pitlab system installed. Like you I installed the Connex on a "pod" mounted to the plane. It would interesting to see what develops from this as I think others will use this approach. Connex has a method for taking in flight data using a clean flight protocol and displaying it. I have seen the layout with the flight data. It is not as informative or graphical as the Pitlab system, but I think it would be a great first step for Pitlab. If through the menu, the needed clean flight protocol could be selected, Pitlab data would HD display.

[URL="https://connexuav.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205152105-Ground-Unit-On-Screen-Display-OSD-"]

Great post to bring up this issue.

I am sure others have the same thoughts.

Hector

PS- Where did you get the antenna or components?
Last edited by texasdrifters; Jun 28, 2017 at 12:38 PM.
Jun 28, 2017, 04:11 PM

My antenna tracker project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbig View Post
There is new tutorial (first draft) of tracking antenna servo calibration:

http://www.bigaj.com.pl/fpvsystem/?page_id=532

Any comments will be appreciated.

Parabolic antenna tracker - Pitlab system - servocity (by Janez58) (2 min 41 sec)
Jun 28, 2017, 04:13 PM

progect 2 tracker antenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by janez58 View Post
Yagi + Elical antenna tracker - Pitlab system - servocity (by Janez58) (2 min 47 sec)
Jun 29, 2017, 02:54 AM
Thread OP
Looks great!
Jun 29, 2017, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbig View Post
Looks great!
It works fine, I think I will also mount the radio transmitter antenna on the same trck, I will have to test for any radio disturbance, I have 2.4 ghz video receivers and 433 transmitter, so it must be verified that there are no conflicts , thank you.
Jun 29, 2017, 04:24 AM
Today in Poland we celebrate "Piotra i Pawła" / "Peter & Pavel" name day. Not sure Piotr (Pitlab) is celebrating it too but anyway... All The Best to Piotr (Pitlab)
Jun 29, 2017, 05:38 AM
ARACE UAS
Quote:
Originally Posted by janez58 View Post
It works fine, I think I will also mount the radio transmitter antenna on the same trck, I will have to test for any radio disturbance, I have 2.4 ghz video receivers and 433 transmitter, so it must be verified that there are no conflicts , thank you.
They will be too close. You need more separation. few meters. one in transmitting and the other is receiving. Doesn't matter if you have good filters. it will still reduce the effectiveness.

PS: I sent you PM about our discussion.
Jun 29, 2017, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pompecukor View Post
They will be too close. You need more separation. few meters. one in transmitting and the other is receiving. Doesn't matter if you have good filters. it will still reduce the effectiveness.

PS: I sent you PM about our discussion.

You in theory should give some airborne disturbance, I tried the ground but no significant disturbances, I use transmitter scherrer, I just have to try it as soon as I have some time.
Jun 30, 2017, 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marimach77 View Post
All The Best to Piotr (Pitlab)
Thank you for remembering the name days. For a years it was double holiday: last day of school :-)

Quick Reply