Thread Tools
Feb 22, 2020, 04:45 AM
Registered User
Zbig's Avatar
Thread OP
What about letters on OSD screen? If letter frames are not dark but rather grey, you may try to change potentiometer position on OSD board (metal case item close to blue socket with 'X' on top for small screwdriver). Making letters frame black may help, even if camera puts some data on "teletext" video fields (where OSD puts own telemetry).
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 22, 2020, 10:14 AM
Registered User
After adjusting the potentiometer a little all is good! 100% CRC and 100% video!

Thanks!

Did some cloud surfing the other day...

17Feb20 Crashing down from the Heavens (8 min 8 sec)
Feb 23, 2020, 09:52 AM
Registered User
Olegfpv's Avatar
Hi. Who uses Pitlab in conjunction with the myflydream AAT rotary antenna?
Will there be a malfunction ? After all, Pitlab also generates encoding in the video signal.
Feb 23, 2020, 10:52 PM
Registered User
For some reason I have one of these:
https://www.eagletreesystems.com/ind...&product_id=63

Can I use it with Pitlab? I see reference to the V2 sensor here -- is the v3 compatible? I assume it is connected to the i2c port on the OSD.
Feb 23, 2020, 11:39 PM
Registered User
I am installing an AutoPilot and OSD (first one, though I have used the OSD with Ardupilot in a few planes) into a Strix Stratosurfer that will be swinging twin 6 inch props (that I will balance) on decent racing motors. What is the consensus on vibration dampening? I have generally stopped using it on my planes as it really does not seem to be needed with Ardupilot on planes. Does the same logic apply here? Is there an OSD warning if vibes are not acceptable? It will be hard to get dampers in if I need them.
Feb 24, 2020, 01:24 AM
Registered User
Olegfpv's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olegfpv
Hi. Who uses Pitlab in conjunction with the myflydream AAT rotary antenna?
Will there be a malfunction ? After all, Pitlab also generates encoding in the video signal.
I got a response from friends, everything works when you disable data transmission telemetry from osd
Feb 24, 2020, 08:44 AM
Registered User
Zbig's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Dornan
For some reason I have one of these:
https://www.eagletreesystems.com/ind...&product_id=63

Can I use it with Pitlab? I see reference to the V2 sensor here -- is the v3 compatible? I assume it is connected to the i2c port on the OSD.
No, we support only only V2 sensor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Dornan
I am installing an AutoPilot and OSD (first one, though I have used the OSD with Ardupilot in a few planes) into a Strix Stratosurfer that will be swinging twin 6 inch props (that I will balance) on decent racing motors. What is the consensus on vibration dampening? I have generally stopped using it on my planes as it really does not seem to be needed with Ardupilot on planes. Does the same logic apply here? Is there an OSD warning if vibes are not acceptable? It will be hard to get dampers in if I need them.
OSD will show info when accelerations exceeds 2g. The simplest test is to keep airplane level and gradually increase throttle and observe artificial horizon on OSD screen. If horizon tilts when airplane is still level, vibrations are to big.
NOTE that horizon tilt may occur on middle throttle, not necessary maximum.
Feb 24, 2020, 10:11 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbig
No, we support only only V2 sensor.

OSD will show info when accelerations exceeds 2g. The simplest test is to keep airplane level and gradually increase throttle and observe artificial horizon on OSD screen. If horizon tilts when airplane is still level, vibrations are to big.
NOTE that horizon tilt may occur on middle throttle, not necessary maximum.
Thanks. So when you say mid throttle what you mean is the resonant frequency may not be at the max throttle. Ok -- that is easy enough to check.

What other i2c speed sensors do you support? MS4525DO I assume as you sell it. I note the Pitlab store say that the airspeed sensor has an onboard VReg that accepts up to 10v. Is the i2c V+ port connected to the Servo V+ rails directly?

Edit - so I did some testing and it does seem that the 5V line is about 0.3v off whatever the servo rail is. There is no regulation -- could this be an issue of high viltage servos are being used? A lot of peripherals will not like 7V.
Last edited by Marc Dornan; Feb 24, 2020 at 05:49 PM.
Feb 24, 2020, 05:28 PM
Registered User
smoothvirus's Avatar
Is there a way to turn up the volume on the variometer? It's hard to hear it on the setup I have right now. The alarms from the ground station are very audible but the vario, not so much.
Feb 24, 2020, 11:52 PM
Registered User
On that note do I assume that we cannot use a microphone? I see no audio input.
Feb 25, 2020, 05:15 AM
Registered User
Zbig's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Dornan
Thanks. So when you say mid throttle what you mean is the resonant frequency may not be at the max throttle. Ok -- that is easy enough to check.

What other i2c speed sensors do you support? MS4525DO I assume as you sell it. I note the Pitlab store say that the airspeed sensor has an onboard VReg that accepts up to 10v. Is the i2c V+ port connected to the Servo V+ rails directly?

Edit - so I did some testing and it does seem that the 5V line is about 0.3v off whatever the servo rail is. There is no regulation -- could this be an issue of high viltage servos are being used? A lot of peripherals will not like 7V.
Our airspeed sensor has internal voltage regulator and works in supply range 3,5V - 10V.
Note that I2C pressure sensors are produced with several different device address and may not work with OSD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothvirus
Is there a way to turn up the volume on the variometer? It's hard to hear it on the setup I have right now. The alarms from the ground station are very audible but the vario, not so much.
Check your audio path, OSD generates quite high sound level. Try to connect audio output directly from OSD into GS and verify sound level (vario and low voltage alarm). If with direct connection sound is OK, check your transmitter/receiver.
The only way to change this level is to replace voltage divider on OSD board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Dornan
On that note do I assume that we cannot use a microphone? I see no audio input.
OSD do not have build-in audio mixer, but you may mix microphone/OSD sound with simple 10k potentiometer (note that mic should have bild-in amplifier and generate typical 'line' level signal).
Feb 27, 2020, 06:59 PM
Registered User
Hi Zbig,
I have a question about the audio channel.Does pitlab uses audio or video channel to transmit GPS coordinates for an antenna tracker?

How can i mix audio from my fpv cam and audio from OSD via 10k potentiometer.Could you please describe with circuit diagram?Thanks.
Feb 28, 2020, 04:26 AM
Registered User
Hi
I'm with Vector currently but considering the absence of updates in almost 1 year I'm thinkng about quiting.
One thing that I love though, is the telemetry that goes through dragonlink UHF and displays on my Taranis. Any chance PitLab will have something like that ? I love all the possibilities it gives without the need of a groundstation + telemetry over UHF is more robust than telemetry over video.
Thanks.
Feb 28, 2020, 07:04 AM
Registered User
Zbig's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sancho28
Hi
I'm with Vector currently but considering the absence of updates in almost 1 year I'm thinkng about quiting.
One thing that I love though, is the telemetry that goes through dragonlink UHF and displays on my Taranis. Any chance PitLab will have something like that ? I love all the possibilities it gives without the need of a groundstation + telemetry over UHF is more robust than telemetry over video.
Thanks.
OSD has mavlink telemetry output, so you can connect it to Dragonlink telemetry input. It will be no problem for Taranis to utilise mavlink telemetry.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_zx11
Hi Zbig,
I have a question about the audio channel.Does pitlab uses audio or video channel to transmit GPS coordinates for an antenna tracker?

How can i mix audio from my fpv cam and audio from OSD via 10k potentiometer.Could you please describe with circuit diagram?Thanks.
OSD uses video channel to transmit telemetry.
For audio mix see attached picture
Mar 01, 2020, 01:56 AM
Registered User
Olegfpv's Avatar
Hello colleagues. I have wishes for the future.
1. Is it possible in the future to make the motor power protection for automatic mode ? At home on the table, the plane in Auto mode sometimes starts to turn on the motor. Why there is no protection turning on the engine at 0 m (zero height) with a threshold of 0-5 meters.
2-when connected via sbus, you can add a channel for controlling auto modes, so that you don't need to use the throttle stick. For example, make a switch instead of the gas knob to a three-position toggle switch.
Last edited by Olegfpv; Mar 01, 2020 at 02:07 AM.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Buddy Flight™ in Pitlab&Zbig FPV System Zbig FPV Equipment 15 Oct 16, 2019 07:16 AM
New Product New version 2.50 official release of Pitlab & Zbig FPV System Zbig FPV Equipment 3905 Jun 21, 2017 07:18 AM
New Product New 2.4G & 5.8G Double Frequencies Wireless Video FPV System--Upgrade Version bipowrc FPV Talk 7 Dec 19, 2009 04:18 AM