Dec 07, 2019, 05:41 AM
Thread OP
so you can transfer UART signal from GroundStation by 3DR radio modem (433 or 868MHz) and 3DR receiver (close to your android device) conect to low power bluetooth device which will not distrurb your video signal.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 07, 2019, 06:36 AM
Wil it work with OTG? Found some 3dr ones that transmit with otg cable

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SNE-LX1 met Tapatalk
Dec 07, 2019, 07:17 AM
Thread OP
I'm thinking about this configuration (without USB OTG)
Dec 07, 2019, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbig
I'm thinking about this configuration (without USB OTG)
Then i can better use the laptop, otherwise i need a external power to give power for 3dr and bluetooth

Dec 07, 2019, 10:35 AM
Quote:
FPV tracker app is billed $5 for 3-month period (will be $1.7 per month).
Payment will be recurring until you uninstall application.
Ok. Thanks. Prob not going to use that. Just going to put a spare Nano F4 v6 on top of the Pitlab AP/OSD stack on the plane and send back Mavlink telem.
Dec 07, 2019, 10:45 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Dornan
(...) Just going to put a spare Nano F4 v6 on top of the Pitlab AP/OSD stack on the plane and send back Mavlink telem.
OSD can output mavlink telemetry directly (on UART1/BuddyFlight port).
Dec 07, 2019, 12:55 PM
Quote:
OSD can output mavlink telemetry directly (on UART1/BuddyFlight port).
Well that solves my issue Zbig! You have been busy. The feature set of Pitlab is impressive.

This means I can likely can create an opentx LUA for Pitlab. Do you indicate anywhere what Mavlink messages you support? Can we get flight modes in the Mavlink stream?

Happy to make this my winter project -- along with finishing Mavlink GoPro control.

Not sure if you have seen but I have Google map tiles on my Horus/Jumper T16 courtesy of Yaapu so Pitlab should be able to have this as well.
Last edited by Marc Dornan; Dec 07, 2019 at 01:00 PM.
Dec 07, 2019, 02:53 PM
I would also welcome the expansion of mavlink output, especially the IMU data (pitch, roll), and also I believe that there is no barometric altitude output when altitude is set to GPS (I want GPS altitude to be displayed on OSD, but to have both barometric and GPS altitude in mavlink output!)....

So far I believe there is only 24, 33, 74 and heartbeat sentences.
Dec 07, 2019, 03:56 PM
Hmmm. Think maybe I will stick with plan A and see if I can inject those messages. Should be within my skill set. Not going to bug Zbig about it. But I agree it makes sense to expand Mavlink as it allows GCS options to be hugely expanded.

Zbig if you can just confirm what messages you are sending.
Dec 07, 2019, 04:52 PM
Thread OP
For the first release there are following messages:

HEARTBEAT
GLOBAL_POSITION_INT
GPS_RAW_INT
VFR_HUD
SYS_STATUS
Dec 08, 2019, 01:07 PM
Question for my sailplane project:

I need to find a good place for the pitot tube on the aircraft, since this is a tractor setup looks like best place is in the vertical stabilizer. To do this I'll need to extend the cable for the airspeed sensor down the tail boom to where the Pitlab unit is in the fuselage pod.

Will this work? Has anyone else tried a similar setup?

Thanks!
Dec 08, 2019, 03:02 PM
Thread OP
Seems that the best place will be on the wing, outside propeller diameter. This will give you clean airspeed readings.
Dec 12, 2019, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperxnl
@zbig
There are many people using Inav, why not making a pcb board that they can connect to a uart port and send gps data over Video signal, i think that is a good market for

Ground station will be sold good, and people see the brand pitlab more and more
Possible to make something like that? Inav and other platforms can be used with your gs

Dec 12, 2019, 10:08 PM
PitLab releases an excellent, self-sufficient product! Making gs accessible to other platforms is stupid ...
Anyone who wants to get a quality product chooses Pitlab and does not ask to co-locate it with a parody of autopilot ... for example, such as inav ...
Dec 13, 2019, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plohish
PitLab releases an excellent, self-sufficient product! Making gs accessible to other platforms is stupid ...
Anyone who wants to get a quality product chooses Pitlab and does not ask to co-locate it with a parody of autopilot ... for example, such as inav ...
No it is not stupid and yes Pitlab is a great FPV autopilot. Both things can be true. I do not use iNav but I think you are being unfair when you call it a 'parody'. Open up your mind!

Edit -- Pitlab Antenna Tracker already works well with Ardupilot btw.
Last edited by Marc Dornan; Dec 13, 2019 at 01:46 AM.

Quick Reply