Jun 18, 2019, 02:44 PM
Thank you both for the quick responses. Im going to do some testing
to remove ads between posts
Jun 18, 2019, 03:57 PM
Thread OP
Remember to use switching UBEC with at least 3A current capability. Linear BEC (build-in in most ESC) will overheat easily. Autopilot with stabilisation forces servos to work hard and consume far more current than in manual flight. This same for shottky diodes - select at least 3A ones
Jun 19, 2019, 08:01 PM
I tested two 5v becs in parallel. On the ground in doors with the ailerons, elevator pan and tilt moving for 20 minutes.
Bec1 temp peaked at 38 degrees.
Bec2 temp peaked at 26 degrees.

Ap board never went above 27 degrees anywhere.

Seems good
Jun 19, 2019, 11:00 PM
You have to be careful, moving control surfaces in still air is one thing, moving control surfaces in airflow is other (can drastically increase the current). Usually one 5A UBEc is sufficient for running a 2 m. plane (4-6 12 gram servoes) (although I always use two). When testing power supply I tend to block one or two servoes for a short moment (the current would go to close to 2 A per blocked servo).
Jun 21, 2019, 06:44 AM
Hello,

I have been using pitlab AP+OSD+GS with success but I have noticed two problems...

1- Antenna not always point to the plane. In elevation plane yes but on azimuth sometime yes sometimes no. It works for some positions but for others it is way off. This issue is present on the ground with the plane circling the antenna 360º and also when the plane is in the air. Elevation movement is working as expected. I'm using two MG996R servos.
I always set up the antenna tracking by doing the steps mentioned in the manual:

"-set correct base position in the OSD (in a place of the tracking antenna)
-move away the model at a distance of 20-30m
-point the antenna towards the model. "

2- In the past I had in AUTO mode the Base, Hold and Waypoint navigation. Now when I move the throttle I get Base, Hold and Circling (*). How can I get the Waypoint navigation again?

Thank you
Jun 21, 2019, 06:52 AM
about the error of the azimuth of the antenna, I also have problems, earlier on the old firmware this was not ...
Now I see more users with the same problem ...
I think Zbignev should look for a mistake ...

question: is the azimuth adjustment numeral in the ground station, which is inside the circle, is it an angle or an abstract value?
Jun 21, 2019, 08:59 PM
On 'Hold' mode is it possible to disable the auto loiter that starts every 5km?
Thanks
Jun 21, 2019, 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lildoo
Thanks
I fully agree! Maybe eliminate this function alltogether?
Jun 22, 2019, 12:45 AM
maybe it is worth giving the user a chance to adjust this delay?
Jun 22, 2019, 05:18 AM
I do not understand the question. I have adjusted it by circling my finger around the center until it pointed to the right direction...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plohish
about the error of the azimuth of the antenna, I also have problems, earlier on the old firmware this was not ...
Now I see more users with the same problem ...
I think Zbignev should look for a mistake ...

question: is the azimuth adjustment numeral in the ground station, which is inside the circle, is it an angle or an abstract value?
Jun 22, 2019, 05:19 AM
I'd prefer to continue to have the HOLD mode with a possibility of disable auto loiter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lildoo
Thanks
Jun 22, 2019, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by datyip
I'd prefer to continue to have the HOLD mode with a possibility of disable auto loiter.
I meant obviously to keep HOLD mode (I fly in this mode about 95 % of the time), but eliminate the entry to loitering after 5 km.
Jun 22, 2019, 08:58 AM
Quote:
I do not understand the question. I have adjusted it by circling my finger around the center until it pointed to the right direction...
also always do this operation:
Quote:
Hello,
"-set correct base position in the OSD (in a place of the tracking antenna)
-move away the model at a distance of 20-30m
-point the antenna towards the model. "
however, when the plane leaves for 15-20 kilometers, I see that the antenna is directed with an error and I have to correct the direction again ...
on the old firmware I did not notice this problem
Jun 22, 2019, 12:38 PM
Understood. So we're looking for the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chileflora
I meant obviously to keep HOLD mode (I fly in this mode about 95 % of the time), but eliminate the entry to loitering after 5 km.
Jun 22, 2019, 12:39 PM
In my case even in short range the problem appears. I did not tested older fw, only 2.70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plohish
also always do this operation:

however, when the plane leaves for 15-20 kilometers, I see that the antenna is directed with an error and I have to correct the direction again ...
on the old firmware I did not notice this problem

Quick Reply