Apr 26, 2005, 09:51 PM
Electric Addict
I never got their names, but a few extremely nice people set up some very nice telescopes Saturday night and was kind enough to let us look through them. It was pretty neat to be able to see the rings of Saturn so clearly! I tried to get a picture through the lens, but this was the best one I could get. It was so incredibly clear that this does not even come close to doing it justice!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 26, 2005, 10:00 PM
Electric Addict
this is a little interesting.... this is a comparison between 2004 and 2005 pictures I took. Jeff, do you have an official count of the number of people that attended each year?
Apr 27, 2005, 07:44 AM
I am looking for the following kind folks who came by the Atlantahobby booth at SEFF .
If you are online please drop me a PM or email at [email protected]
Sorry for the double post

John Gardner
Gerald Branham
Madilana Curtis
Charles Gray

Good Winds!
Cliff
Apr 27, 2005, 09:41 AM
We will all float on Ok.
Doug, thanks to you and Matthew for making the journey! I have memories of SEFF 2005 that I will never forget! It was really great to see everyone again, and hopefully Jetgirl will be a bit more mobile next year.

I especially enjoyed meeting Dan and Company from Foam Fly, and of course, my friends from Radical R/C. In fact, everyone was great!

If I had a complaint, it would be that there was more litter than other years. We really owe it to Mac to clean up after ourselves better.
Apr 27, 2005, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Korn
If I had a complaint, it would be that there was more litter than other years. We really owe it to Mac to clean up after ourselves better.
I think most of the problem was caused by the winds.
However, I think we did pick up a lot more cigarette butts than in previous years. We didn't make as many PA's about it though. The problem is when Mac's mowers hit the filters they puff up like cotton balls and they don't go away.

Overall it was a great crowd with very few problems. Thanks to all of you that understand we don't live in a perfect world

Dave
Pit Boss
Trash Man

Here is your Set up, Clean up Crew(many other people helped out):
Last edited by acemace16; Apr 27, 2005 at 12:46 PM.
Apr 27, 2005, 11:55 AM
I don't think we got a picture of the whole SEFF Staff this year.
A lot of people did a lot of work this year.
I'm glad everyone got something out of this event.
Apr 27, 2005, 03:31 PM
This was my 2nd SEFF and had a great time, even with all the wind. Hats off to Mac and the crew for a great event. It was great to put faces with screen names.

I would like to thank Cermark or the vender that donated the Cermark Banchee to the raffle. I was one of the lucky gold prize winners and chose the Banchee over the other planes. If you can provide the vender, I would gladly send them a thank you note.

I'm attaching a few pics of Mac flying his little helicopter inside during the hail storm. Also, a pic of the 24" protype SU-27 I had to get one of and a nice Mini E3D.

See ya next year,
Mac8
Apr 27, 2005, 06:13 PM
Jeff,
How come the vendors were not allowed to set up separate tents? I don't know the numbers but it seemed like many more vendors were there last year.
Apr 27, 2005, 09:41 PM
downeym,

Those were some great AP shots of the event. I wasn't brave enough to get my Predator that high in the unpredictable and contrary winds. My 25oz could easily have been blown far away! I did get a few decent shots though.

Thanks for sharing the photos. It really gives those who didn't attend a good look at what they missed.

Paul
Apr 27, 2005, 09:43 PM
Hello to all,

My wife (Cindy) and I own Georgia Stitching, and had the good fortune of embroidering items for the SEFF event this year. We had hats, golf shirts, and flight line towels, and they were all well recieved. This was our third SEFF event, and it is always a blast.

I want to thank Jeff Meyers for granting us the permission to use the great SEFF logo, and a even greater thank you to those of you who supported us by buying these items. Your business and support is greatly appreciated.

We will soon have these items available on our website for those who could not get what they wanted at the event, or those who could not make it but would still like to share in a bit of the experience.

Thank you again,
David J.
www.georgiastitching.com
Apr 27, 2005, 10:01 PM
Forgot how to fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidJ
Hello to all,

My wife (Cindy) and I own Georgia Stitching, and had the good fortune of embroidering items for the SEFF event this year. We had hats, golf shirts, and flight line towels, and they were all well recieved. This was our third SEFF event, and it is always a blast.

I want to thank Jeff Meyers for granting us the permission to use the great SEFF logo, and a even greater thank you to those of you who supported us by buying these items. Your business and support is greatly appreciated.

We will soon have these items available on our website for those who could not get what they wanted at the event, or those who could not make it but would still like to share in a bit of the experience.

Thank you again,
David J.
www.georgiastitching.com
David,
Thanks for bringing your products to SEFF. They were amazing!

Guys,
The quality of these items was outstanding. If you didnt get a chance to purchase from David at the event and want an embroidered SEFF logo on a shirt or hat, order one from him when he gets them on the site.

-Mike
Apr 28, 2005, 12:27 PM
Rank Newbie

Raffle sponsers and cigarette butts...

Andy W mentioned that winners of the raffle should email the folks that donated the prizes. I did this and a vendor responded that my email to them was the first time that they had ever received an email thanking them for the prize donations and for supporting SEFF! So's...if ya ain't already thanked the folks that furnished that goodie you won at SEFF...get off your behind and thank'em!!!

acemace16 reported that there were a lot of cigarette butts left on the ground. I'm a smoker myself, but leaving a cigarette butt on the ground makes my skin crawl...they last forever! My wife has finally accepted (to a degree) the fact that if I'm out in the woods, maybe out flying, or wherever their ain't an ashtray that when I come home there's probably going to be some stinking butts in my back pocket(ok, cheapshooters...I left an opening ).

Folks have gotta remember that at SEFF we're actually visitors at Mac's home...this isn't a public facility but rather it's his home. If he came to your house you wouldn't want him leaving a bunch of trash around your front door would you? I was pre-registered and it stated very clearly in the info-packet that we shouldn't leave cigarette butts on the ground. Maybe some didn't read it, or either those who were not pre-registered didn't get a chance to read it...but it makes no difference, we're a guest at Mac's place...besides there were plenty of cigarette receptacles available! Next year let's show him we really appreciate him opening his home up to us....let's leave it cleaner than we find it (which is gonna be hard to do since Mac keeps a spic-n-span place).

This was my first SEFF...hopefully the first of many!!!

Ed
Intheswamp
Apr 28, 2005, 06:52 PM
Timelord
I would like to send a Thank You for the JR DS281 servo's I won in the raffle. Were those donated by Horizon Hobby?

Thanks
Apr 28, 2005, 07:32 PM
Captain Carnage says......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Who
I would like to send a Thank You for the JR DS281 servo's I won in the raffle. Were those donated by Horizon Hobby?

Thanks
go to the koolflights site and look it up...it tells ya who and what was donated

www.koolflightsystems.com/seff_raffle.htm

ED

I agree with ya 100% I am a very heavy smoker ....and i can't tell you how many dead butts i had in my pockets at any one time. Glenn and i had two ashtrays in our camp just because we remembered last years rules.

plus when we left we made darned sure we policed the site up ....no trace of Belgy and GLewis there, not even a piece of balsa from the Mini Flash .

Chuck
Apr 28, 2005, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidJ
Hello to all,

Thank you again,
David J.
www.georgiastitching.com
Hello all,

The SEFF hats, shirts, etc. are now available on our web site.

Thank you,
David J.
www.georgiastitching.com

Quick Reply