Jul 11, 2017, 08:02 AM
P3P,P4P+,M2P,Spark,Solo,X 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
People have been receiving their X21 (suggested by the few unboxing videos) but still no aerial footage or reports on how it does?

I would already have posted some aerial video(s) by now

@Mikelberry: good to see the solution for you was this simple.
Yeah, after being rather frustrated by it for so long, it was a relief to find the answer. I subscribe to DJ Soulforce's YT channel. I saw that he had a lot of comments on his X16 review. So, I added our discovery about the apparent fix for the TBE. Haven't gotten a response from him yet. But, DJ is one of those guys that is not as critical of the quads as maybe he should be. Seems to like about every quad he gets from his sponsors.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 11, 2017, 08:58 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelberry
Yeah, after being rather frustrated by it for so long, it was a relief to find the answer. I subscribe to DJ Soulforce's YT channel. I saw that he had a lot of comments on his X16 review. So, I added our discovery about the apparent fix for the TBE. Haven't gotten a response from him yet. But, DJ is one of those guys that is not as critical of the quads as maybe he should be. Seems to like about every quad he gets from his sponsors.
What's not to like, if you get them for free?

So in case the X21 gets into TBE-ing: check for loose black wrapped items inside the hull and tie them down!
Jul 11, 2017, 09:54 AM
Nothing should ever be loose inside . Even having a Barry flopping around is not good ... Well it finally stopped raining for some of the grass to dry up and the fields to dry out.. Then off to see how thes 3 quads fly. I replaced the FCB in the X16 altitude hold one. Hope I got it right .never flew a CX 20 so that's new. And going to put the X16 through the some tests
Jul 11, 2017, 10:11 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Luciano
Nothing should ever be loose inside . Even having a Barry flopping around is not good ... Well it finally stopped raining for some of the grass to dry up and the fields to dry out.. Then off to see how thes 3 quads fly. I replaced the FCB in the X16 altitude hold one. Hope I got it right .never flew a CX 20 so that's new. And going to put the X16 through the some tests
May the sky-spirits be with you!
Jul 11, 2017, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Good luck buddy! I wish I was there, with some of my quads. We'd have a great day, just flying (and maybe a little libation afterwards)!
Jul 11, 2017, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
What's not to like, if you get them for free?

So in case the X21 gets into TBE-ing: check for loose black wrapped items inside the hull and tie them down!
Yeah, free is always good. And, I guess it can change your opinion of something if you have to pay for it and it's not what you expected.
Jul 11, 2017, 10:56 AM

Still in processing! Really?

Just checked my order with GB. Hasn't shipped yet. Even with 'expedited shipping'. Funny thing, there was a button I just now clicked on that said 'Dispatch faster'. I got a pop up after I clicked that said 'Thank you, we will let you know as soon as it is dispatched.' or something like that. I'm growing impatient.
Jul 11, 2017, 11:06 AM
Hey Mike,
I've used that button on GB, I don't think it does anything. They are not very fast at shipping items from past experiences. Sometimes it will be halfway to your door before any tracking information appears.

Keep us posted.

A new video popped up . I don't speak the language.

BAYANGTOYS X21 Prueba de FOLLOW ME Y SURROUND (19 min 20 sec)
Jul 11, 2017, 01:01 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjp735i
Hey Mike,
I've used that button on GB, I don't think it does anything. They are not very fast at shipping items from past experiences. Sometimes it will be halfway to your door before any tracking information appears.

Keep us posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfszFGRtUJ8
I don't spreak the language but images painted the picture alright

The X21 seems to fly pretty good straight out of the box; loitering seems okay. There seem to be 2 rates. RTH worked flawless as did 'surround'. I was less impressed with the follow me, although the quad knows pretty good where the transmitter is, the actual following was rather crude and especially without a gimbal I doubt the footage will be impressive. Flighttime seems good too. Not sure why the guy waited until back home in the dark to take a look at the camera; hard to judge what it looked like, but there was fisheye distortion, and was it just me, or was the footage upsidedown???

My first impressions: pretty good quad!
Jul 11, 2017, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelberry
Just checked my order with GB. Hasn't shipped yet. Even with 'expedited shipping'. Funny thing, there was a button I just now clicked on that said 'Dispatch faster'. I got a pop up after I clicked that said 'Thank you, we will let you know as soon as it is dispatched.' or something like that. I'm growing impatient.
Personally I've had excellent results with BG, they're very up front when it comes to items in stock or not, if not they'll show the estimated restock date. Their US warehouse has a growing selection as well
As for GB......it's always a crapshoot seems like
Jul 11, 2017, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjp735i
Hey Mike,

Keep us posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfszFGRtUJ8
I could pick out a few words and phrases that I recognize. But, mostly I could figure out his demo of the features by just watching. It looks like first of all, it's a very stable flyer. It toggles from standard to aggressive response rates on the controller.

The 'surround me' or 'circle me' feature and the 'follow me' feature both are related to the transmitter's location. So, either the second GPS module is in the transmitter, or the quad has some other way of tracking it.

With the 'circle me' (if he did it right and I understand what he did) you set the distance between you and the quad, (looks like it must be over 5 meters away) and start the function. The quad will automatically make that circle, in a clockwise motion (looking down at the circle) around the transmitter.

With the follow me, the quad will maintain it's position, attitude and distance, relative to the transmitter. However you move, it changes it's position to maintain that relation to the transmitter.

With either of these functions, you must make sure that you're at a safe altitude, above any possible obstacles.

The FPV set up includes downloading an app to your smart device. The app includes a lot of features that may or may not be enabled with this quad. I saw that the lag time is horrible. It might be useful to see how your camera is aimed. But, I definitely wouldn't use if for BLOS flying.
Jul 11, 2017, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino54
Personally I've had excellent results with BG, they're very up front when it comes to items in stock or not, if not they'll show the estimated restock date. Their US warehouse has a growing selection as well
As for GB......it's always a crapshoot seems like
I ordered it from GB, on a hint from someone else that it just might POSSIBLY include the gimbal. I doubt that there IS a gimbal right now. But, it was worth a shot. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. If I don't see it shipped pretty soon, I'll try to cancel the order.
Jul 11, 2017, 04:50 PM
I personally see it as a waiting game. They have pictures of the gimbal model they mention it. . I think it is forth coming. . After they sell off the non GIMBAL. THEY WILL BRING IT OUT
Jul 11, 2017, 05:13 PM
Quote:
I personally see it as a waiting game. They have pictures of the gimbal model they mention it. . I think it is forth coming. . After they sell off the non GIMBAL. THEY WILL BRING IT OUT
Another question is; Is it a true gimbal, or a motorized fixed camera mount. There are a few cheap little quads out there that have this type of mount. Where you can tilt and pan the mount with controls on the transmitter. But, it's not gyro stabilized.

I'm also thinking that when they do start releasing the one with the 'gimbal' you should be able to order it as a separate 'upgrade' component.

Personally, I already have the Walkera metal version G-2D, which works very well and another camera. I don't know if this camera will do FPV or not. It has that function available in the settings. But, when I switch it to that, it automatically shuts itself off. That may be because I don't have it connected to a FPV transmitter. If that's the case, I think I have another FPV transmitter lying around I can test it with. I'll have to dig around and see if I can put a rig together. If it doesn't work, I'll just order another Git2. I really like that camera.
Jul 12, 2017, 03:51 AM
I'm placing my order soon, going to wait for Mike to get his first. Either way I think the quad is worth the price from what i see in the video. I also have a gimbal I can attached so I'm not that worried which one it comes with.

Quick Reply