Jul 06, 2017, 10:23 AM
Thread OP
Looks like the X21 has spread its wings; this is the first unboxing I've found:

BayangToys X21 / Super FPV X21 Unboxing (5 min 3 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jul 06, 2017, 12:04 PM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
And... it's not the gimbal version. :/
Jul 06, 2017, 12:27 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCC
And... it's not the gimbal version. :/
Nope, but we don't know what this guy actualy ordered, single or double gps? Did he even have the choice?
Jul 06, 2017, 02:06 PM
Thread OP
GearBest added something to their description:

Description:
BAYANGTOYS X21, based on X16, has been significantly improved. The RC quadcopter equipped with two global positioning systems - GPS, so it can hover automatically and stay wherever you want steadily. You can use the 8MP camera to take 1080P 30fps videos and transfer 720P 60fps FPV to your phone via WiFi connection within 250 - 300m away from the drone. The gimbal, whose pitch and roll axis can be adjusted manually, allows you to take smooth shots from different angles. In addition, the intelligent flight modes, like Follow Me and Point of Interest, enable you to get desirable photos or videos easily.

Main Features:

● 8MP camera stabilized by a gimbal to take 1080P 30fps HD videos and transmit 720P 60fps FPV within 250 - 300m
The pitch and roll of the gimbal can be adjusted manually before takeoff, so that you can change the angle of view easily

Jul 07, 2017, 03:45 AM
Like I said above, I live chatted with them and they said it does come with the gimbal and not the static mount. I also emailed them the same question and got the same answer. I pointed out to them the different pictures and said I wanted to buy one, but wanted to make sure it came with the gimbal mount show in the first picture. They said yes.

Probably going to wait a few more weeks, but pretty sure I'm going to buy one. I've had such good luck with my AH X16

This was gearbest, At least Banggood list both double and single GPS to order. Interested in seeing how they answer the questions.
Last edited by jjp735i; Jul 07, 2017 at 03:59 AM.
Jul 07, 2017, 03:56 AM
Thread OP
All the actual pictures on BG (all the others showing the 'gimbal' are computer generated) only show the X21 quad with the static mount

Pictures on Tomtop only show the static mounted camera on the X21; they specifically mention the 'follow me' and 'surround' functions so I guess the one that Tomtop is selling is the dual GPS version (they don't offer the choice between single or dual GPS like BG).

I may be wrong, but I'm beginning to doubt the 'gimbal' shown in some of the imagery actually exists.
Last edited by Pixelpeter; Jul 07, 2017 at 04:23 AM.
Jul 07, 2017, 02:21 PM
Assuming Double GPS really means one in transmitter and the other in the Quad.
I Have also seen it mean. Russian and US satellites reception .
Just like a gimbal meaning with or with out motor. Lot of room for speculation.
Did she it mention MANNUALY -adjustable camera position ...??
Jul 07, 2017, 02:42 PM
Thread OP
But without GPS in both the quad and the transmitter, it'll be hard to perform 'follow me' unless they somehow tap into the GPS of the smartphone (which I doubt)
Jul 07, 2017, 06:58 PM
P3P,P4P+,M2P,Spark,Solo,X 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
The way it stands right now, it's quite a gamble to buy a X21 imo, as there's no clear indication what exactly you're gonna get

It's also available at Hobbywow: http://www.hobbywow.com/en-bayangtoy...-2-p244221.htm

Same pictures, but other text:

Includes:
1 * Quadcopter
1 * Camera with Gimbal
1 * Remote Control
1 * 11.1V 2200mAh Lipo Battery
1 * Battery Charger
1 * Holder
8 * Propeller
1 * Screwdriver Set
1 * User ManualIncludes: 1 * Quadcopter 1 * Camera with Gimbal 1 * Remote Control 1 * 11.1V 2200mAh Lipo Battery 1 * Battery Charger 1 * Holder 8 * Propeller 1 * Screwdriver Set 1 * User Manual
We all know that for most of the sellers, the terms gimbal and camera holder are interchangeable. And, that's pretty sad. Because a lot of people just getting into this hobby don't really know the difference either. So, there's a lot of folks ordering quads expecting one, but getting the other. Then, there's us. We know the difference, and knowing that we might get a simple camera holder, order the damned thing any way! (like me?)

Well, we willl have some answers in a couple of weeks. I decided to take a bullet for my team here and ordered one today, from GB. So, I'll be tracking the order and keep us updated. Then, when it comes in, I'll make sure to do a video and take pics of opening the box. So you can all have the vicarious experience of my happiness or disappointment.
Jul 07, 2017, 10:11 PM
Quote:
But without GPS in both the quad and the transmitter, it'll be hard to perform 'follow me' unless they somehow tap into the GPS of the smartphone (which I doubt)
I guess I'll have to open up the TX and see what's in there.
Jul 07, 2017, 10:15 PM
Quote:
GearBest added something to their description:

Description:
BAYANGTOYS X21, based on X16, has been significantly improved. The RC quadcopter equipped with two global positioning systems - GPS, so it can hover automatically and stay wherever you want steadily. You can use the 8MP camera to take 1080P 30fps videos and transfer 720P 60fps FPV to your phone via WiFi connection within 250 - 300m away from the drone. The gimbal, whose pitch and roll axis can be adjusted manually, allows you to take smooth shots from different angles. In addition, the intelligent flight modes, like Follow Me and Point of Interest, enable you to get desirable photos or videos easily.

Main Features:

● 8MP camera stabilized by a gimbal to take 1080P 30fps HD videos and transmit 720P 60fps FPV within 250 - 300m
The pitch and roll of the gimbal can be adjusted manually before takeoff, so that you can change the angle of view easily

You know what? If it doesn't have a true gimbal, but DOES have dual GPS and the related functions their touting, it will still be worth it. I have a gimbal I can mount, and a camera. I'm thinking that I might order another Git2 and FPV set up. The XK FPV transmitter set up is very good. And, that MAKRC 3D gimbal is still tickling my brain.

I'm also up to any recommendations from my buddies on how to rig it up.
Jul 07, 2017, 10:29 PM
So all these smart app guys can't come up with a way to tilt a camera with a cell phone. ��
Jul 07, 2017, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Luciano
So all these smart app guys can't come up with a way to tilt a camera with a cell phone. ��
If it had a real gimbal, maybe.
Jul 08, 2017, 02:50 AM
Thread OP
Seen another X21 unboxing video (in spanish) but yet again: static camera mount.

Guess if the included fpv camera's any good, you could just do away with the mount and replace it with a decent (and real!) gimbal
Jul 08, 2017, 05:09 AM
[QUOTE=mikelberry;37866961]We all know that for most of the sellers, the terms gimbal and camera holder are interchangeable. And, that's pretty sad. Because a lot of people just getting into this hobby don't really know the difference either. So, there's a lot of folks ordering quads expecting one, but getting the other. Then, there's us. We know the difference, and knowing that we might get a simple camera holder, order the damned thing any way! (like me?)

Well, we willl have some answers in a couple of weeks. I decided to take a bullet for my team here and ordered one today, from GB. So, I'll be tracking the order and keep us updated. Then, when it comes in, I'll make sure to do a video and take pics of opening the box. So you can all have the vicarious experience of my happiness or disappointment. [/QUOTE

Will be glued to the screen waiting for the results. If it does have pan on the pitch and roll, like it states, it will need some kind of motor to do so.But GB states this " The pitch and roll of the gimbal can be adjusted manually before takeoff, so that you can change the angle of view easily" Couldn't do that will a static mount, at least not the roll. Either way I'll be getting one also. Will add my own gimbal. A manual gimbal? that stinks.

Quick Reply