Bayangtoys X21 - RC Groups
Jun 20, 2017, 06:41 PM
Discussion

Bayangtoys X21

Looks like the successor of the X16 is here: the Bayangtoys X21 ... more of the same as the X16, or indeed an improvement?

Wouldn't mind trying it out

Just noticed it over at Tomtop: https://www.tomtop.com/multicopter-e...-rm8027eu.html

Features:
Built-in GPS system for precise hover.
One key return and low battery return.
1080P camera record your wonderful life.
Wifi FPV system let you see the world in a different way.
Headless mode completely solves pilot loss-of-orientation problems.
Stronger wind resistance, strong stability, easier to be controlled.
Brushless motors are equipped for more power, efficiency and durability.
Select a center point, the quadcopter can fly around the center automatically.
Installs GPS module, the data of quadcopter flight can be shown on the remote controller screen.
In follow me mode, the quadcopter will keep a certain distance for tracking and recording your colorful life.

Specifications:
Brand name: BAYANGTOYS
Model: X21
Item name: Wifi FPV Quadcopter
Color: Black
Built-in gyro: 6-axis
Channel: 4CH
Remote control frequency: 2.4GHz
Controller mode: Mode 2
Camera: 1080P
Main material: ABS
Functions: forward/backward, up/down, turn left/right, sideward flight, altitude mode, wifi FPV, headless mode, one-key return, surround, follow me mode.
Remote control distance: 400-450m
FPV distance: 250-300m
Battery: 11.1V 2200mAh lipo battery (included)
Battery size: 10 * 3.3 * 2.3cm
Battery for controller: 6 * AA batteries (not included)
Flying time: about 16-18mins
Charging time: about 210-260mins
Drone size: 29 * 29 * 22cm
Product weight: 637g

There might be some deviation due to manual measurement.

Notice:
The phone in the picture is not included.
This RC model is not suitable for children under 14 years old.
Carefully read the instruction before any use, if you are a beginner, it's advisable to be assisted by an experienced adult.

Caution for the Battery:
Don't over-charge, or over-discharge batteries.
Don't put it beside the high temperature condition.
Don't throw it into fire.
Don't throw it into water.

Package Information:
Package size: 34.8 * 32.5 * 23.5cm / 13.7 * 12.8 * 9.3in
Package weight: 1892g / 4.2lb
Gift box package

Package List:
1 * Quadcopter
1 * Camera with Gimbal
1 * Remote Control
1 * 11.1V 2200mAh Lipo Battery
1 * Battery Charger
1 * Holder
8 * Propeller
1 * Screwdriver Set
1 * User Manual
to remove ads between posts
Jun 21, 2017, 03:43 AM
It appears to have wifi FPV (likely limited range?) and comes with a 1080p camera. Never that impressed with the mention here and there of a 'gimbal' while it actually doesn't come with one. It also has Follow Me Surround Function

Biggest question will be: have they eliminated the TBE that quite a few X16 seem to suffer from.
Jun 21, 2017, 11:37 AM
X8C,G,HG/250R/P3P/SOLO/X380/H8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
It appears to have wifi FPV (likely limited range?) and comes with a 1080p camera. Never that impressed with the mention here and there of a 'gimbal' while it actually doesn't come with one. It also has Follow Me Surround Function

Biggest question will be: have they eliminated the TBE that quite a few X16 seem to suffer from.
I certainly hope so! A lot of people (and quad makers) misuse the term 'gimbal' in place of 'fixed, cushioned camera mount'. And as far as the 'follow me' function is concerned, I highly doubt that their camera has the kind of firmware needed to actually recognize you and track you. Nor do I believe that the quad can actually track someone without a transponder on your person. The only way I can see this actually working is if it uses the WiFi link to actually locate and follow. I don't see that happening either.

But, it still might be worth the $200 investment, just to play with.
Jun 21, 2017, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelberry
I certainly hope so! A lot of people (and quad makers) misuse the term 'gimbal' in place of 'fixed, cushioned camera mount'. And as far as the 'follow me' function is concerned, I highly doubt that their camera has the kind of firmware needed to actually recognize you and track you. Nor do I believe that the quad can actually track someone without a transponder on your person. The only way I can see this actually working is if it uses the WiFi link to actually locate and follow. I don't see that happening either.

But, it still might be worth the $200 investment, just to play with.
You know you want it! Yeah, kinda have my doubts too about those claimed abilities.

So far I've only seen it over at Tomtop; just checked BG and GB: no X21 there.
Jun 21, 2017, 03:33 PM

Let someone else take one for the team?

Quote:

I've been thinking, what if they did like Syma did, when they started making the X8G? They painted the hull silver, added the upgraded 'box' 720-1080p camera and bumped up the motors? They really didn't change anything else about the quad.

What if Bayang just changed the hull color and added the upgraded camera, without improving the FC board or the GPS, Compass and AH modules? It's still the same quad that has the TBE problem.

Do you think we should wait and let some unsuspecting newbie get one first? Then see if there's any complaints?
Jun 21, 2017, 05:01 PM
Quote:
I've been thinking, what if they did like Syma did, when they started making the X8G? They painted the hull silver, added the upgraded 'box' 720-1080p camera and bumped up the motors? They really didn't change anything else about the quad.

What if Bayang just changed the hull color and added the upgraded camera, without improving the FC board or the GPS, Compass and AH modules? It's still the same quad that has the TBE problem.

Do you think we should wait and let some unsuspecting newbie get one first? Then see if there's any complaints?
Sounds like a sound plan

If I were you I would indeed wait on the first reviews as what you suggested might actually have happened. Better safe than another TBE-ing X16 - euh- X21. Maybe an early reviewer can open one up and show us/you the guts.
Jun 21, 2017, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Sounds like a sound plan

If I were you I would indeed wait on the first reviews as what you suggested might actually have happened. Better safe than another TBE-ing X16 - euh- X21. Maybe an early reviewer can open one up and show us/you the guts.
Yeah! Let's see some GUTS! I guess if there was any noticeable difference in the appearance of the components, we could assume that it was some kind of improvement over the X-16. Right?
Jun 21, 2017, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Yeah! Let's see some GUTS! I guess if there was any noticeable difference in the appearance of the components, we could assume that it was some kind of improvement over the X-16. Right?
That's my guess. If everything is exactly the same (same layout/same components) then chances are not much has been changed and probably flight characteristics also didn't change.
Jun 21, 2017, 05:49 PM
Quote:
That's my guess. If everything is exactly the same (same layout/same components) then chances are not much has been changed and probably flight characteristics also didn't change.
I think that would be a valid assumption.
Jun 23, 2017, 04:21 AM
FPV addict
sub
Jun 24, 2017, 06:45 AM
Just found this -$20 coupon (for Tomtop) in case anybody is interested: https://chinacoupon.info/20-off-baya...y-co-ltd.html#
Jun 27, 2017, 02:30 PM
Been wanting a GPS version. I love my X16 AH version. After doing some more research it looks like there will be 2 out. FPV and one with a real gimbal. Going to wait and see what starts appearing for sale.
Jun 27, 2017, 06:39 PM
This is the first time I've seen images with something that looks like an actual gimbal. TX LCD seems to display info received from the quad.

More overhere: https://globalwintoys.en.alibaba.com...PS_Drones.html
Jun 29, 2017, 05:59 PM
FPV addict
Quote:
This is the first time I've seen images with something that looks like an actual gimbal. TX LCD seems to display info received from the quad.

More overhere: https://globalwintoys.en.alibaba.com...PS_Drones.html
I did a review on X16, great price/performance ratio quad, and mine X16 also had gimbal

Review of BAYANGTOYS X16 RTF GPS Brushless Altitude Hold 2.4G 4CH 6Axis RC Quad & video of maiden flight with function tests & HD RunCam3 flight video with gimbal

X21 looks great. Telemetry and "out of the box" gimbal is most welcomed function.
Jun 30, 2017, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlilasic
I did a review on X16, great price/performance ratio quad, and mine X16 also had gimbal

Review of BAYANGTOYS X16 RTF GPS Brushless Altitude Hold 2.4G 4CH 6Axis RC Quad & video of maiden flight with function tests & HD RunCam3 flight video with gimbal

X21 looks great. Telemetry and "out of the box" gimbal is most welcomed function.
It does like like a nice setup indeed (love that little telemetry display on the transmitter), but as a lot of people having TBE with their X16's, one of the big questions now is: does this one too? You can have a nicely working gimbal, but what's the use of one if the quad is TBE-ing all the time? Would be fantastic if Bayang managed to get rid of that effect.

In case anybody Bayang/Tomtop is reading this: I'm willing to test one out for you and the community if you send me one!