Apr 19, 2018, 10:05 AM
*Full Disclosure* Im a Gorilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo340
Dude...check the Pilotlist
Just asking, I heard a rumor he might not be coming. wanted to hear it from the horses mouth or would it be the Morrises mouth...?!?!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 19, 2018, 06:28 PM
Thread OP

Lost shipping of 7 planes to Socal reappeared

Copy/paste from Mike Smith‘s FB page

WHAT A STORY AND WHY I AM SO PROUD OF BEING PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Special thanks to Gavin Teussell for chiming in here and organizing all this...

The model glider community is a small and tight knit group of knowledgable and amazing people. Case in point:
A shipment of 7 Concept CX5’s along with an extra CX4 wing and some other stuff in its way to me from Lithuania was lost after it arrived at the NY point of entry prior to customs. USPS and US Customs both couldn’t find the box and no trace of it was found. Fast forward to Monday. One of our glider dudes saw the Atlanta Craig’s list add and pinged Roland. Sure enough that was the lost shipment. Roland and Gavin reached out to our very own Cliff Whitney from Atlanta Hobby and he jumped on it! Cliff called his police detective friends and they called their brothers in other jurisdictions, found the guy and then decided that this was Federal Jurisdiction due to the fact that it seems to involve theft from the postal system.... that is still pending further investigation, but as of today all of the planes and stuff in that shipment have been found safe and in perfect condition! Join me here in sending Cliff Whitney and #AtlantaHobby a huge THANK YOU for his efforts in this recovery! Thanks Cliff, and thank you to Tim for noticing the add and investigating the origins of these models. Our community rocks!!!! Rollo Sommer Laurynas Ceskevicius Gavin Trussell Doug Cronkhite Tim Traver Jun Cats Gregg Bolton
Apr 19, 2018, 09:23 PM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
that is awesome.
Apr 19, 2018, 10:09 PM
Great news.
Apr 19, 2018, 10:26 PM
Will fly for Bourbon
Way to go!
Apr 19, 2018, 11:49 PM
Well, that is awesome. Happy to hear, that this case is solved.
You guys rock!
Apr 20, 2018, 06:16 AM
Thread OP
And now be prepared guys...Stream Team and Concept DLG decided not to make a special IHLGF plane....

....but 2 ....

These babies will be available at the Auction Saturday and Sunday...May the biggest purse bring them to a new home
Apr 20, 2018, 08:40 AM
usaf3kteam
How cool was that thanks to all cheers.
Apr 20, 2018, 08:56 AM
Wayne Wimbish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo340
... found the guy and then decided that this was Federal Jurisdiction due to the fact that it seems to involve theft from the postal system....
Any word on How the package was stolen before it reached customs? and whether the guy in Atlanta was the perp, or was just someone receiving stolen goods?

From the Craig's list post, it seems that this guy knew what he had, and how to market it. Somewhat surprised he didn't try and post on rcgroups. Just shows that there is a dark side out there and the need we all have to beware.

Good job to all for catching this creep.

Wayne
Latest blog entry: Paying for Purchases by PayPal
Apr 20, 2018, 09:16 AM
It’s great they have been recovered and a person involved arrested. However, as evidence in a criminal case, will they ever be released back to Rollo so he can recover his costs when he remade the order?
Apr 20, 2018, 03:10 PM
Launch high. Fly low.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwimbish
Any word on How the package was stolen before it reached customs? and whether the guy in Atlanta was the perp, or was just someone receiving stolen goods?

From the Craig's list post, it seems that this guy knew what he had, and how to market it. Somewhat surprised he didn't try and post on rcgroups. Just shows that there is a dark side out there and the need we all have to beware.

Good job to all for catching this creep.

Wayne
He definitely knew what to do. That picture of the yellow CX5 on the brown wood floor is the replacement plane that I'm working on now...
Apr 22, 2018, 02:38 PM
Thread OP
Riddle is solved...
The box wasn’t stolen but bought from a salvage auction in Atlanta.
But who is to blame for that huge mishap.
At the end it was Custom’s fault!

The Stream Team sends their planes in 2 boxes - inner and outer. Customs took the inner box out, opened it, inspected the goods, closed it, but never put it back into the outer box.

What do we learn here? If we are continuing sending the planes in 2 boxes, we are going to put an additional address label to the inner box now. Alternatively, we might use one stronger box in the future.
There is one thing, that I don’t understand in this story.
If the guy who bought the box would have had a good heart, he might have done the following:
In the box, I sent CX4 spare parts and PERSONALIZED TEAM SHIRTS with Doug Cronkhites name on them. You have a pilot’s name, you have a team name...what would you do? I know what I would have done - google, google, google! He would have found us!
At the end, he received the bill - a dozen fully equipped Policemen visited him and he sh&# his pants for sure - lesson learned? I hope!

I am super proud on how this situation has been solved...big shout-out to Gavin Trussell, Tim and C.

I am truely happy to call Tim a new owner of a brandnew CX5, that Laurynas offered him as a present. Still amazed about his first email with the pictures and big grin in my face when I identified the lost beauties...

The remaining birds will be shipped by a good friend of Gavin to Poway on Monday and I hope them to arrive with me on Wednesday...
Fantastic end of a true F3K criminal story

Me happy

Rollo
Apr 22, 2018, 02:43 PM
Thread OP
Totally forgot - Congratulations to Fred Filliol for a fantastic 3rd place today...1st and 2nd place went to our little buddies, the Bamfs

Yesterday, another German Tour contest took place in northern Germany - Henri Sander won in difficult conditions - Congrats from the Team, buddy

Cheers,

Rollo
Apr 22, 2018, 06:40 PM
Nice!!! Finally resolved
Apr 23, 2018, 08:03 AM
Thread OP
Hey everybody...

Here’s the latest version of the Concept X5 assembly instructions. As we have CNC pre cutted slots now in the wing, you can skip that part. Additionally, you will find the peg position for the wing with the shortened aileron as well as the servo installation in the new fuselage with the nosecone...Special thanks to Team Pilot Quentin Philippe for his work...He will post the download link for the instructions later - Enjoy

Oh...almost forgot - the stab pylon is now installed by the factory, so even less work now

Quick Reply