french team pilote
look like the child of CX4 and NXT
Jul 06, 2017, 05:56 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre39
look like the child of CX4 and NXT
No, like the beautiful child ...

My box arrived today and my heart almost stopped finally having that plane in my own hands - Laurynas did an awesome job in manufacturing the CX5 - I'm in love ...may the build begin

Rollo
Jul 06, 2017, 10:06 AM
Adam
Can someone compare the wing to the other CX(s)? I am curious about size differences of the wing.
Jul 06, 2017, 10:48 AM
AERO+
It's a high AR design with much thiner airfoil and 164mm in wing root chord and area 19.4dm2, this is from the aero design data, in real maybe a very little difference.
Jul 07, 2017, 02:22 AM
Thread OP
Easy build so far ...
What really helps is Olegs NXTbuild log

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...8&d=1458823544

Only difference is that the servo connection from wing to fuselage comes out at the top of the wing (still a low wing plane ). I personally did it a little bit different to have a bit more space for ballast...Wings are ready but the peg and tonight I am going to start the fuselages
Jul 07, 2017, 11:45 AM
Launch high. Fly low.
Those are the rudders I want. Huge surface.
I want those rudders for my CX4s!!!

I'll order the CX5s soon, too. Hold me a couple of spots, Laurynas, please??

Jun
Jul 07, 2017, 02:33 PM
Where is the lift?
Looks great Roland!

Flew GMo's CX-5s today in early breezy air. Easy throwing 233 and 240 grams. Interesting flying with the longer boom, I'm liking it very much. Will know more as we hope to compare a brand new CX-4 at roughly 245-250 grams to these for launch height, climb and run. Will report back tomorrow.
A couple of pictures at the local park.

Charlie
Jul 07, 2017, 06:48 PM
Thread OP
Hey Jun....of course, you have your plane whenever you need it - team is always first

Hey Charlie, the idea was to take a little of the easy handling and give it more longitudinal stability. Light planes have a tendency to getting tossed around in gusty weather way earlier than heavier planes. I hope, that we can keep the light weight and decrease the instability in windy/gusty conditions a little bit.
Mine are almost ready - expected AUW 225 and 230gr. I am super excited
Looking forward to your flight reports...

Cheers,

Rollo
Jul 08, 2017, 06:36 AM
AERO+
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptsnoopy
Looks great Roland!

Flew GMo's CX-5s today in early breezy air. Easy throwing 233 and 240 grams. Interesting flying with the longer boom, I'm liking it very much. Will know more as we hope to compare a brand new CX-4 at roughly 245-250 grams to these for launch height, climb and run. Will report back tomorrow.

Charlie
You two look like a boss!

Can I test fly george's new plane in Wch? I may got mine there but no time for the build and I hate build planes in hotel now.
Jul 08, 2017, 06:37 AM
AERO+
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptsnoopy
Looks great Roland!

Charlie
You two look like two bosses!

Can I test fly george's new plane in Wch? I may get mine there but no time for the build and I hate build planes in hotel now.
Jul 08, 2017, 08:20 AM
Thread OP
I think he only lets you fly after the Worlds ...you can fly mine before the Worlds...

...but after the Pre-contest only
Jul 08, 2017, 09:12 AM
Nick ill build yours for you. You can have it back after the AMA Nationals.

Jim
Jul 08, 2017, 10:04 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fv38wheels
Nick ill build yours for you. You can have it back after the AMA Nationals.

Jim
Sounds like a fair deal
Jul 08, 2017, 11:41 AM
Where is the lift?
George, Joseph and I arrived at the park just after 5am this morning. We went before sunrise in hopes of testing in some calm air. Unfortunately there was nothing resembling calm air to be found. So, all impressions we gathered from comparing the CX-4 to the CX-5 were from flying in conditions that the CX-4 excels at and not what the CX-5 is designed for. Happily, I found that the 2 models seemed to fair rather equally if not a tad in the CX-5's favor in those conditions. The CX-5 appears to launch a little higher and fly a little faster than its predecessor. Without some calm air to get repeatable results though, these are just impressions at this time. We will continue to try for reliable comparisons in the days to come.
When we arrived at the field, the winds were 8 to 15mph, rather turbulent and very warm at 91 degrees.

Charlie

Quick Reply