Nov 11, 2021, 07:32 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
I have not built a pro, but if it is like other trays you sand the sides till it fits.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 12, 2021, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achi
Is there a trick to getting the servo tray into the pro fuselage? I can’t find any orientation in which it fits in.
Turn it 180 °. The orientation at your photo is wrong.

It is a very tight fit because of the rounded shape of the nose. Tilt the tray a little bit to one side and slide the first side in. Then push the other side in. It is tight!

Put the front wing screw in and push the latch of the servo tray against the screw. Glue it in place.
Nov 12, 2021, 04:57 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Is there a trick to getting the servo tray into the pro fuselage? I can’t find any orientation in which it fits in.
Oh, please let me help you

First, flip the tray as you positioned it upside down.
If you look at the ballast slider, you might notice a little tooth.
Please srew in the front wing screw and move the tray until the tooth hits the screw. Mark the position of the tray, pull it out and cut of the tooth.
Sand both sides of the tray a little as well as the part of the fuseelage where you want to glue the tray. Due to the pretty sharp radius of the front part, the tray almost positions itself correctly. If you use ballast, please double check with the 100gr stick that it fits with the chosen position of the tray. Then use CA only (and accelerator if necessary) to glue it.

Cheers,

Rollo
Last edited by Rollo340; Nov 12, 2021 at 05:36 PM.
Nov 12, 2021, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo340
Oh, please pet me help you

First, flip the tray as you positioned it upside down.
If you look at the ballast slider, you might notice a little tooth.
Please srew in the front wing screw and move the tray until the tooth hits the screw. Mark the position of the tray, pull it out and cut of the tooth.
Sand both sides of the tray a little as well as the part of the fuseelage where you want to glue the tray. Due to the pretty sharp radius of the front part, the tray almost positions itself correctly. If you use ballast, please double check with the 100gr stick that it fits with the chosen position of the tray. Then use CA only (and accelerator if necessary) to glue it.

Cheers,

Rollo

Thanks guys, and yes I realized I took the photo with the tray upside down. Makes sense to sand and fit it, but there are so many clever tricks I wasn't sure whether there was one for the tray as well!
Dec 01, 2021, 08:46 PM
Thread OP
Hahaha
Dec 01, 2021, 09:43 PM
Where is the lift?
Quote:
Hahaha
Don’t have those issues here!

Charlie
Dec 02, 2021, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Grind around with sandpaper and then press obliquely into fuse
Dec 07, 2021, 05:04 PM
CX5 just chillin (2 min 45 sec)
Dec 07, 2021, 05:27 PM
F3B and F3K
That looks relaxing!

I had the opposite experience yesterday, howling wind in Dallas.

It was still fun to fly my heavier CX5, taking some lift downwind, heading back upwind; catch and release of thermals.

The high flight stability of the CX5 surely helped.

Reto
Latest blog entry: thoughts on contest flying
Dec 07, 2021, 09:29 PM
Send some of that wind to me, Reto. The light stuff is always fun and challenging but so is the wind!
Dec 09, 2021, 06:05 PM
Thread OP
Reminds me of charging my batteries and do some flying …too much kerosene flying recently .
But temperatures around the freezing point, wind and rain don’t really invite to fly DLG’s in Germany at the monent .

Can’t wait to attend the season opener in Carnation….hopefully
Dec 09, 2021, 06:37 PM
RCG Admin
I haven’t flown in weeks. Excited to get back out. Likely March for us to get back to good flying weather.
Dec 09, 2021, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Reminds me of charging my batteries and do some flying …too much kerosene flying recently .
But temperatures around the freezing point, wind and rain don’t really invite to fly DLG’s in Germany at the monent .

Can’t wait to attend the season opener in Carnation….hopefully

Looking forward to seeing you again bro!
Dec 10, 2021, 10:45 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasLee

Looking forward to seeing you again bro!
Same here…miss you guys a lot - f$#%k Covid
Dec 10, 2021, 10:51 AM
Will fly for Bourbon
That would be awesome to have you guys back! Miss my Bro's!!

Quick Reply