Feb 01, 2020, 10:27 PM
Brent Lytle

But will it DS?

Went with Chris up to Parker a few weeks ago. It was early in the day and light, so the ballasted to 335g CX-5 was perfect for me to remember how a slope works. I hadnít flown slope in over 20 years.

It was so efficient, just the slightest breeze and it was really going fast! So, with some encouragement, I popped it over to the back side and tried out some dynamic! It really tracked great and the speed kept building. Not sure how fast it was going, but is was something less than launch release, and something more than zooming in for a landing in speed mode. Controls were nice and smooth at that speed, it was tons of fun.

Oh, and Yucca makes an excellent glider holder.
Last edited by blytle; Feb 01, 2020 at 10:43 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 02, 2020, 04:39 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by blytle
Went with Chris up to Parker a few weeks ago. It was early in the day and light, so the ballasted to 335g CX-5 was perfect for me to remember how a slope works. I hadnít flown slope in over 20 years.

It was so efficient, just the slightest breeze and it was really going fast! So, with some encouragement, I popped it over to the back side and tried out some dynamic! It really tracked great and the speed kept building. Not sure how fast it was going, but is was something less than launch release, and something more than zooming in for a landing in speed mode.

Controls were nice and smooth at that speed, it was tons of fun.

Oh, and Yucca makes an excellent glider holder.
Great pictures Brent ...Doug Cronkhite ordered a DS version of the CX5. Perhaps you guys can go out together for some DS sessions
Feb 11, 2020, 11:30 AM
Thread OP
Dear Concept Lovers ...

Last year around that time, we had a huge order book and around 150 deliveries ahead of us. Stream Team member’s heads were smoking and it was truely insane. We had waiting times of almost 5 months and people were frightened to not getting their planes ready for the season. Also, pilots, that wanted to have a plane on short notice didn’t have a chance to getting one!

What’s different this year? Well, we prepared this season way better although we have the same amount of orders in the book. Currently we are around 12-14 weeks delivery time. To not having such a big queue in post production, we slowed down the wing production of ordered planes a little bit. But that didn’t mean that we didn’t use that free mold time . We slowly wanted to build a little stock to satisfy customers that want to have a plane in the shortest possible time and don’t need to have a Signature design on their planes.
We managed to make 15 planes, mostly standard CW40 layups in beautiful stripe designs. There are also a couple of CW29 layups and 2 or 3 B quality wings additional to the stock.

I am not allowed to show most of the wings as the edges are still unprepared, but if you are interested, send a PM to Laurynas Ceskevicius or Rollo Sommer and we will show you more.
Taking one of these decreases the waiting time to around 4 weeks only!

Cheers,

Rollo
Feb 12, 2020, 03:44 PM
Walther B
Customer support at its finest!!!
Feb 12, 2020, 08:44 PM
Great day in the Pacific Northwest
Feb 13, 2020, 12:56 AM
Thread OP
Wow, that looks beautiful, Joseph
Feb 13, 2020, 06:57 PM
Time for me to Fly...
Here they are... Reworked and lighter than before. Iím pretty happy too.

The orange one finished out at 230g. That should be perfect. Here is a trick I learned from a good friend. If you need some nose weight, put some tungsten putty inside the nose cone. It puts it as far forward as you can get it, thereby needing less.

The pink one is my strong layup one and it has a pushrod on the rudder. It weighs 238g now.
Latest blog entry: The latest and greatest
Feb 13, 2020, 07:15 PM
Thread OP
Sounds like pretty good weights, Mike...Great work

You could have gone even lighter on the pink one if you had chosen carbon tails instead of colored glass tails. Minimum 4gr, even more
Feb 13, 2020, 08:02 PM
Time for me to Fly...
I know I could have but they were already on and I’m using that plane for windy conditions anyway. I didn’t want to mess with it.
Latest blog entry: The latest and greatest
Feb 14, 2020, 03:58 PM
Ryan Gonsoulin
I would give up carbon tails for painted glass tails nowadays. My eyes aren't what the used to be. Technically, the tails aren't what they used to be.....you know what I mean.
Feb 24, 2020, 12:24 PM
Thread OP
What a view ...
Feb 24, 2020, 12:27 PM
Thread OP
...and congratulations to our 2 Teampilots Gavin Trussell and Nathan Bartley for the fantastic result in San Felasco. Gavin on 6 and Nathan nailed it with a stunning prelim performance - 1st place

Great flying, Gentlemen
Feb 24, 2020, 01:06 PM
usaf3kteam
Sweet 1,2,
and 3 must have been fun cheers.
Lots sweet looking planes
Feb 24, 2020, 07:10 PM
Time for me to Fly...
I flew my 2 new CX5’s today for the first time. To say I’m happy with them would be an understatement. What do I like about them? Everything I liked about my beloved NXT’s these planes have. What are those things? They launch high, they are fast, they come home in the wind, they float nicely, they signal lift well. But here is where they leave the NXT in the dust.... The CX5 turns like butter. I couldn’t believe how much smoother the CX5 turns than anything else I’ve ever owned. The overall handling in smooth air is fantastic but in rough air they really shine. I’m pretty sure I just upped my game. I don’t remember the last time I was this happy with the performance of a new plane. And they look fantastic too...
Last edited by Mr. Wiz; Feb 24, 2020 at 08:23 PM.
Feb 24, 2020, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wiz
I flew my 2 new CX5ís today for the first time. To say Iím happy with them would be an understatement. What do I like about them? Everything I liked about my beloved NXTís these planes have. What are those things? They launch high, they are fast, they come home in the wind, they float nicely, they signal lift well. But here is where they leave the NXT in the dust.... The CX5 turns like butter. I couldnít believe how much smoother the CX5 turns than anything else Iíve ever owned. The over handling in smooth air is fantastic but in rough air they really shine. Iím pretty sure I just upped my game. I donít remember the last time I was this happy with the performance of a new plane. And they look fantastic too...
Awesome! great description.

Quick Reply