Jun 20, 2017, 09:47 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Inductrix Pro & DX6i Motor Arm Switch

Howdy,

I received my Inductrix Pro for father's day present. It did not go well at the beginning. For no reason explained in the manual the throttle command from my tried and trusted first generation DX6i transmitter didn't respond. I contacted Horizon Hobby technical support and they came up with the following fix:
Use the GEAR switch as an ARM Motor Switch by selecting 100% UP and 100% LAND in the travel menu.
I believe this issue is only relevant to the DX6i, when I asked the person in Technical Support if HH was going to make changes to the manual explaining this he said that because the earlier version of DX6i transmitter has been discontinued the answer is no updates to the manual.

As always, fly safe and have fun!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 12, 2017, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the heads up.... hoping that'll fix my issue... but don't see any option for "land" in the travel menu? Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Dec 28, 2017, 09:45 PM
To use the DX6i "use the FLAP switch" to arm the motor. Go to the FLAP menu and change to
NORM UP100
LAND DOWN100

Then it will work
Jun 11, 2018, 07:56 PM
I just encountered the same issue, many thanks for the tips on flap settings!
One also needs to set the travel range for throttle to +-125%, otherwise the drone doesn't consider throttle to be zeroed at start. These two steps got my bird in the air.
Mar 12, 2019, 11:17 AM
I tried following the suggestions for the DX61 and I get Zero response from my Inductrix. I am obviously doing something incorrectly. Maybe in the sequence?? Ordinarily to bind on the DX61, you would turn the transmitter off and then holding the trainer switch on, turn the transmitter back on to complete binding process. How does the flap switch come into play and at what point? I am getting frustrated! Can you give me some help and directions. Thanks.
Mar 13, 2019, 05:18 PM
Blue Skies
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejohn
I tried following the suggestions for the DX61 and I get Zero response from my Inductrix. I am obviously doing something incorrectly. Maybe in the sequence?? Ordinarily to bind on the DX61, you would turn the transmitter off and then holding the trainer switch on, turn the transmitter back on to complete binding process. How does the flap switch come into play and at what point? I am getting frustrated! Can you give me some help and directions. Thanks.
ejohn, I just bought the Switch Air and plan to fly it with the DX6i after it gets here next week. I found THIS THREAD and although it's for the Inductrix Switch Air, there are some of us on there that will be using the DX6i and some already are posting how they do it. Maybe someone there has the answer for you?
Don
Apr 01, 2019, 11:53 PM

Blade Inductrix Switch Air bad instructions

@ hifinsword I for the life of me could not set up my switch air with the included instructions on my DX6i . I Found a video on youtube that's not in English that got me flying. You need a 3 position switch which we don't have.

Video that helped me out.
[TIPS] Inductrix Seitch AIRの Dx6i 送信機設定 (6 min 42 sec)
Apr 02, 2019, 05:28 AM
Blue Skies
Quote:
Originally Posted by woof__bark
@ hifinsword I for the life of me could not set up my switch air with the included instructions on my DX6i . I Found a video on youtube that's not in English that got me flying. You need a 3 position switch which we don't have.

Video that helped me out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhTeQcSqOcY
I did not need a 3 position switch. But I did use the MIX switch to enable 3 positions. I'm glad you got your SA working with the video. If you want to try the setup I'm using HERE is the link to a video I used for my setup in the other thread. And HERE IS another post for my setup that shows how I got 4 different light to display and my THR CUT setup.
It appears there is more than 1 way to skin a cat.
Don
Jul 28, 2019, 11:56 AM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
wrong thread
Last edited by modfly; Jul 28, 2019 at 12:10 PM.
Jul 28, 2019, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifinsword
I did not need a 3 position switch. But I did use the MIX switch to enable 3 positions. I'm glad you got your SA working with the video. If you want to try the setup I'm using HERE is the link to a video I used for my setup in the other thread. And HERE IS another post for my setup that shows how I got 4 different light to display and my THR CUT setup.
It appears there is more than 1 way to skin a cat.
Don
Hi hifinsword, i would love to invite you to test snaptain kids drone, are you interested? We respect your honest review . if so, janeuswork at outlook dot com.
Jul 30, 2019, 05:45 AM
Blue Skies
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecaca0708
Hi hifinsword, i would love to invite you to test snaptain kids drone, are you interested? We respect your honest review . if so, janeuswork at outlook dot com.
Email sent from my Yahoo account.
Don

Quick Reply