Jun 20, 2017, 06:01 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Fatshark low voltage alarm

The low voltage alarm is supposed to kick in at 6.8v but I'm getting it at around 8v. Any suggestions. (it's not the battery)
to remove ads between posts
Jul 09, 2017, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Young
The low voltage alarm is supposed to kick in at 6.8v but I'm getting it at around 8v. Any suggestions. (it's not the battery)
Hey Ken, yeah this is frikin driving me crazy also. I am using the newer 18650 battery case and my HD1 start beeping about 50% way through the battery. I have posted on the Fatshark support site but no constructive comments almost like the problem doesn't exist! If you do find a solution, appreciate you pinging me to let me know, will do the same on my end.

Dennis
Jul 10, 2017, 07:30 AM
Team AlienWarpSquad
Which FS Goggles?????
Aug 13, 2017, 04:50 PM
I have the same issues with 18650 Case and Dom V2
Aug 14, 2017, 04:49 AM
Yeah, itīs a little bit annoying... try to use 18650s with a high voltage curve. Im using LG INR18650MJ1 and the beeper goes off at about 30-35%. Thatīs still enough for multiple hours with a True-D and DVR.
I think you (and FS too) canīt do anything about it.
Oct 15, 2019, 12:43 AM
Mine does exactly the same thing, low voltage alarm kicks in at 8V. Did you find any solution to this?
Oct 15, 2019, 11:35 PM
Are not men? We are DEVO! (7e)
My v3's work great for a couple of hours running 18650's and true D, with auto DVR on for every flight.

Did any of you with this issue try contacting FS? Unlike the other goggle companies, they are kinda known of having actual CS.

There is kind of a big amount of fake/egzagerated/used-sold-as-new 18650's . Some are taken from old laptops and rewrapped, then sold as new. others actually have far small packs inside them and then are filled with sand.

EDIT: just after posting that i remembered reading something a while back about swapping resistors on the FS board to delay warning for the lower voltage 18650 can go down too, but no actual clue where it was...
Last edited by xanuser; Oct 15, 2019 at 11:48 PM.
Oct 17, 2019, 01:20 PM
aka Mr.Side-Winder

Having the SAME problem

I'm having the EXACT same problem.. drives me nuts.. At first I thought it was coming from my TrueD module, but it's the goggles for sure..
I run a regulator and 3s batts, so it may be this, have to check voltage...

I Did find this article on how to swap-out the resistors to a lower the beep voltage:

https://intofpv.com/t-fatshark-goggl...-mod-for-18650
Oct 22, 2019, 06:16 PM
Another option would be to put a step-up voltage regulator in circuit. Your Fatshark would see 12 volts until those 18650s deplete so deep that they destroy themselves. You would have to be careful not to destroy your batteries.
Oct 22, 2019, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuiperJ
Another option would be to put a step-up voltage regulator in circuit. Your Fatshark would see 12 volts until those 18650s deplete so deep that they destroy themselves. You would have to be careful not to destroy your batteries.
And your goggles would just go black without any warning when depleted. Not what any FPV pilot wants!
Oct 22, 2019, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
And your goggles would just go black without any warning when depleted. Not what any FPV pilot wants!
...after 5 hours of use.
Oct 22, 2019, 06:57 PM
Oscar Liang uses a voltage indicator on his for this reason but I don't see the point because I don't normally fly more than 5 hours per day.
https://oscarliang.com/power-fpv-goggles/

Oscar mentions that voltage converters are not recommended because you cannot balance charge your 18650 cells. This is a non-issue because you just pull the individual cells out and put them on a e-vape charger.

Also if you are a Taranis x-lite pro owner you can simply keep your radio charged with a cell-phone charge cable and use 18650 end caps. You pull the cells off your goggles and put them in your radio

It makes it easy to have all the same battery.
Last edited by kuiperJ; Oct 22, 2019 at 07:05 PM.
Oct 22, 2019, 06:58 PM
I fly maybe an hour per week.
I top off my FS only when they beep.
Not having a voltage alarm would make my last flight very alarming every 4-6 weeks.
Oct 22, 2019, 07:08 PM
I guess that begs the question of "storage charge". Do 18650s wear out like lipos if you keep them stored at 4.2 volts all the time?
Oct 23, 2019, 11:28 AM
this is why i made this
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...e-battery-case

Quick Reply