Jun 19, 2017, 03:31 PM
Fiddy Killa Voltz
Discussion

2017 Buzz Averill Memorial F5J - August 12/13

Hi everyone!

We'd like to welcome you to the 2nd annual Buzz Averill Memorial F5J Soaring Classic. Due to a date conflict with the CA 5J/3J event, we changed both the date and venue. We will be flying at the newly-managed Evergreen Turf Farm south of Moriarty NM. The grass is looking good!

Registration is on our club website. Cost is $60 per entry, and includes lunch, refreshments and water for both days. http://www.soarabq.org/F5J_forms_2017/ESC_2017Form.html

This is a sanctioned event, and all entrants must be AMA registered to participate [bring AMA cards please]. This is a F5J-USA Tour event, and will be conducted in accordance with Tour rules. Pertinent information can be found at www.f5j-usa.com/ including rules, explanations and a link to the current FAI rules. Each model flown must be equipped with an approved F5J logging altimeter. Motor restarts will be allowed, but will result in a 0 flight and landing score.

A list of currently approved altimeters is shown below:
Altis v3
Altis v4+
Altis v4
Altis Micro
CAMF5J
Grk Elec Altmr2
Mvario2_JetiBox
RCE #2Basic
RCE Multi 2
SM Unilog 2

We are working on getting an event rate for lodging in Moriarty. We have arranged for a group dinner/drink Friday evening before the contest (8/11) at the Sierra Blanca Brewery nearby. Ali over at FlightComp was kind enough to sponsor a drawing following the contest for all participants.

Posting more details as available. It should be an outstanding event, and a great time of year to fly!

-Matt

PILOT LIST:

Terry Pierce [R/P]
Richard Shagam [R/P]
Charles Martin [R/P]
Randy West [R/P]
Efrain Vila [R/P]
Chris Pyle [R/P]
Matthew Aurand [R/P]
John Tsu [R/P]
Scott Todd [R/P]
Ed LaCroix [R/P]
Kirby House [R/P]
Dave Sieger [R/P]
Dan Tandberg [R/P]
Corky Miller [R/P]
Phillip Prister [R/P]
James Velleman [R/P]
John Armstrong [R/P]
Ali Khani [R/P]
Terry Tombaugh [R/P]
Justin Rizor [R/P]
Toby Herrera [R/UP]
Skyler Raver [R/UP]
Don Schegiel [R/UP]
Larry Jolly [IR/UP]

IR=Informally Registered
R=Formally Registered
P=Payment Recieved
UP=Unpaid to date
Last edited by closedloop; Aug 08, 2017 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Pilot List -23 pilots
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2017, 07:41 PM
Original Bloody Spadder
I plan to attend. Thanks matt
Jun 20, 2017, 08:30 PM
hey if John is going then so am I

see you there

Philip
SAGE and ASA
Jun 20, 2017, 09:38 PM
SHADYBOY
Well if Phillip is going so am I

Mike Roseberry
Jun 21, 2017, 01:06 AM
Overkill is underrated
Well if Mike is going, so am I

-Ed LaCroix
Jun 21, 2017, 08:00 AM
Charles Martin
Peer pressure!

Sign me up, please

- Charles Martin
Jun 21, 2017, 12:57 PM
Can't stand the pressure. I am in L
And taking in the Soaring Museum
Jun 21, 2017, 02:45 PM
51 miles from my house vs. 1 mile for the balloon park. Do I have the ambition ? Probably......
Jun 21, 2017, 05:59 PM
Overkill is underrated
Charles, you broke the snappy patter we EVEF guys had going...
Jun 21, 2017, 06:05 PM
Flyin' High Now
Signed up...looking forward to it. -Randy
Jun 21, 2017, 10:19 PM
I'm in!!! It's gonna be GREAT
Jun 22, 2017, 02:50 PM
Fiddy Killa Voltz
Guys I have received some feedback from some folks that the registration website puts their anti-virus/phishing software on alert. Rest assured, it is 100% safe. If you'd like, feel free to send me a message and I'll send the mail-in form.

Thanks!

-Matt
Jun 22, 2017, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by closedloop
Guys I have received some feedback from some folks that the registration website puts their anti-virus/phishing software on alert. Rest assured, it is 100% safe. If you'd like, feel free to send me a message and I'll send the mail-in form.

Thanks!

-Matt
Same as last year.

As Matt said, there is no problem and your info is safe.

Mike
Jun 22, 2017, 04:38 PM
Hey, guys
Keep those registrations coming in. To date, we have 7 signed up. And as was mentioned, our server is safe--we use a local company, not one of the big guys, so maybe some of the virus scanners are a little touchy about the site.

But rest assured--if you have any questions/problems about signing up, please feel free to contact me directly at RNShagam 'at' Gmail 'dot' com
or FIVE-O-FIVE Two Nine Eight Two One Six Three.

Regards, Richard
ASA Treasurer and BAM 2017 Registrar
Jun 22, 2017, 04:54 PM
Oh, and to get your appetites all whetted, here's a video from last year's BAM, put together by our own Rocky Stone.
2016 Buzz Averill Memorial F5J Contest (10 min 33 sec)

It took place at the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta Park which, sadly, we couldn't use this year owing to too many scheduling conflicts (would you believe the upcoming Solar Eclipse was one of them?). But the Evergreen Sod Farm in McIntosh is a fine venue that many of you may have already flown at, with acres of grass and lift.

We look forward to seeing you here!!!

Regards, Richard the Registrar

Quick Reply