Anyone else test the Spark in high winds? - RC Groups
Jun 19, 2017, 03:44 PM
Discussion

Anyone else test the Spark in high winds?

Please post here.

She can handle the wind! 20kts average at 200ft. Gusts of 30kts. Smooth video! Doesn't move a bit even when yawing 360. New weight 260g no problem with stability. We spent over $2million developing similar technology for the military. You can't beat the Spark in this way!
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2017, 07:50 PM
Critic at Large
A lot of people lose their Sparks if they "test" this. What you are effectively saying is that DJI's wind tunnel and engineering tests are wrong.

My suggestion is to follow DJI's advice and specs - which is 1/2 the speed you mentioned.
Jun 19, 2017, 08:24 PM
It works reliably. Other than a change in wind, what could go wrong that causes it to go out of control in an open field? I do not recommend flying in a small area with obstacles and wind, of course. I have been flying P2's and P3's in high winds for years. Never had a problem when there are no obstacles nearby. I guess that's an obvious statement to someone who has tried it. You can't hit the ground due to high winds in an open field.
Jul 05, 2017, 07:43 AM
Hovering is one think... "flying" is completely different.
Try to fly across such winds in various directions, doing sharp turns, racing style, and will discover the feeling of car pilots when drifting
And find very quickly how tough is Spark