HPI Baja Kraken TSK-b Class 1

Kraken RC makes off road bodies and turn-key 1/5th scale vehicles modeled after real Class 1 desert racers. Now you can get the performance and durability of the HPI Baja 5B with that wicked Kraken body!

Baja Kraken TSK-b Class 1

Kraken RC and HPI Join Forces

The currently in-stock Baja Kraken TSK-b Class 1 is a joint venture between Kracken RC and HPI. This Baja 5B chassis, outfitted with the standard 26cc Fuelie engine and a 700cc tank for 30 minute run times. Perched atop the chassis is a Kraken body that closely resembles a Class 1 off road race buggy. HB Rodeo SC tires are included, along with a 3-ch HPI TF-45 2.4GHz FHSS radio system with failsafe, and SFL-11MG metal gear servo. The HPI Baja Kraken TSK-b Class 1 sells for $1349.99.

CLICK HERE to purchase the Baja Kraken TSK-b Class 1 from Tower Hobbies

Features:

• Factory-assembled RTR large scale gas buggy
  • Fully functional modular polymer roll cage
  • Custom, pre-painted polycarbonate body panels
  • Heavy duty 24mm front hex hubs
  • Super HD driveshafts
  • Single piece rear hub
  • TF-45 2.3GHz FHSS radio system with failsafe
  • Powerful pull start 26cc 2-stroke engine
  • 4mm Aluminum monocoque chassis
  • 700cc fuel tank for up to 45 minute runs
  • High flow tuned muffler
  • Sand rail fitted with off-road tires
  • TSK-b Class 1 buggy fitted with HB Rodeo SC tires
  • 6V, 3000mAh receiver pack with wall charger
  • Big bore shocks with 6mm diameter shafts
  • 8000 RPM performance clutch
  • Full ball bearings

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Jun 19, 2017 at 01:46 PM..
Jun 20, 2017, 06:43 PM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
Hey! I have one of these! Love the Kraken cage on the Baja. Haven't run mine in a while. I need to fix that.
Jun 21, 2017, 08:37 PM
Is running in sand ever a good idea for an RC?

Even one supposedly made for the environ?

And a fuel engine to boot.

I'm very interested to see what the manual says.

EDIT: ok it says it has special filters for sand so...
Jun 22, 2017, 06:40 PM
Yeah, I've got filters and pre-filters and pull start filters and crankcase filters and... lots of filters on my Baja's. I dunno which would be worse though, sand or the red clay dust we have around here getting caked into every hinge and crevice. Either way, it takes less than a minute to pop the electronics out. Then I just take it out back and hose it off.
Jun 25, 2017, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD One.
Yeah, I've got filters and pre-filters and pull start filters and crankcase filters and... lots of filters on my Baja's. I dunno which would be worse though, sand or the red clay dust we have around here getting caked into every hinge and crevice. Either way, it takes less than a minute to pop the electronics out. Then I just take it out back and hose it off.
I had no idea these were that easy to clean. Sweet.
Jun 26, 2017, 06:46 PM
I can have it stripped down to the frame in about 5 minutes. Wheels off, Kraken cage off, electronics out. I usually blow mine clean with the air hose most days if it's just grass or weeds or whatever. Dirt and mud get the water hose followed by the air to blow it dry. But yeah, they're definitely not as bad as one might think to keep clean.