F4 omnibus nano 20x20mm ppm/sbus issue - RC Groups
Jun 19, 2017, 09:18 AM
Discussion

F4 omnibus nano 20x20mm ppm/sbus issue

Does anybody know how to get ppm or sbus working on this f4 nano from Rtf . Im using flysky receiver that binds correctly. I've tried pin Rx1 and Rx6. When Ppm setting in beta flight is selected it removes the uart1 port leaving 3 and 6 to play with so I assume ppm is on uart1 one. What Pinout do I use?
Last edited by Bulldogmcs; Jun 19, 2017 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Spelling
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2017, 10:49 PM
I don't know about ppm but I do know I needed to flash a daily build of 3.2 to get sbus to work. Apparently 3.1.7 does not correctly control the inverter on rx6. Try a 3.2 build and see if that helps you.
Sep 02, 2017, 10:39 PM
Did you ever figure out what pin to use for sbus?
Sep 04, 2017, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by offtopic
Did you ever figure out what pin to use for sbus?
Inverted sbus is definitely uart6 rx pin
Sep 22, 2017, 06:50 PM
Same problem here with a nano v2 bought here. http://www.readytoflyquads.com/flip-32-f4-omnibus-nano

Hope I can get this worked out because I bought two of these flight controllers.

Hardware wise, I've tried two brand new xm+ receivers. I hooked each to rx1 and rx6, while trying betaflight 3.1.6, 3.1.7 and several 3.2.0 builds including RC4 and RC5. Nothing.

Pulled a known good XSR out of my 5" quad and went through the entire process again with no luck.

Then I hooked the XSR to my second f4 nano fc with same result.

If there is a way to get sbus inversion working properly with this flight controller I haven't found it yet.
Sep 25, 2017, 08:26 AM
Need at least 3.2, connect xsr sbus to uart6 rx, enable serial rx in ports, sbus in configuration, and 'set sbus_inversion = ON' in CLI. It has worked for me in the past.
Sep 30, 2017, 11:09 PM
It took me 30 years?!?!!!
Anyone else having luck with this board? I have this one:

http://www.readytoflyquads.com/flip-...mnibus-nano-lc

I have the Serial port on UART1 and SmartPort on TX6, using an XSR telemetry connection with the uninverted mod (separate wire off back side).

I also did the CLI command that bennymack just posted above.

I'm getting absolutely no communication between RX and FC.

Can anyone help?
Oct 01, 2017, 04:38 AM
Quad Newb....not a cop :)
Hi Btsai,

i was able to get this board setup and connected with my Frsky radio but i dont have S.port only Sbus:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1484

You should be able to get XSR Sbus connected to rx6 using normal pinouts (non-modded). Once you have Sbus, try to get univerted S.port to UART1. If this doesnt work, then you may need help from someone like Teralift to see what else is possible....
Oct 01, 2017, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the help everyone! Through reading through the notes and combining other info, I got it to work!

Did SBUS to RX6 as you guys stated above.
S. Port went to TX1 -- I used an uninvited lead off the back side of the XSR.

Woohoo!
Oct 10, 2017, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsai
Thanks for the help everyone! Through reading through the notes and combining other info, I got it to work!

Did SBUS to RX6 as you guys stated above.
S. Port went to TX1 -- I used an uninvited lead off the back side of the XSR.

Woohoo!
I Have the same board from RTFQuads.

Frysky R-xsr
Sbus RX1
Sbus_inversion off
Softserial on

S.port tx6

Donít know how or why but it is finally is working. 🙄
Oct 10, 2017, 02:01 PM
Cool thanks for sharing that you go this to work with the new rxsr. i have a couple coming my way. for a 4" build.

Are you running SBUS on soft serial? How do the sticks feel?
Oct 10, 2017, 03:07 PM
so you got telemetry to work as well?
and then the softserial opens up tx1 for sbus?
Last edited by kuzmick; Oct 10, 2017 at 03:19 PM.
Oct 10, 2017, 03:24 PM
Hi all,

Sticks feel great.
Using the Airbot Ori 32 running dshot1200.
Tomoquad ul4 4” frame, BH T1 motors.

Baro is not working nor the esc telemetry.
Rssi and vbat is the only thing showing in the osd.

Found a post showning the non inverted pads to solder to on the r-xsr. I’ll try that later.
Oct 10, 2017, 05:44 PM
Can you share the post for the rxsr
Oct 10, 2017, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadCopGVA
Can you share the post for the rxsr
Yes, please do!

And where did you get the r-xsr? Everywhere I've looked says still waiting for arrival...