Thread Tools
Jun 19, 2017, 08:00 AM
Registered User
Discussion

Amokka 202


A year ago Amokka 202, a 2m composite plank made by Frank Fessler saw the light and sky for the first time. Here is a video from the plane under god conditions, 5Btf and no ballast:

Amokka Hoamalm (3 min 2 sec)



looks like it does all, what we have hoped for.

vh Peter
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2017, 08:25 AM
You know nothing....
Stuart A's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Wick
A year ago Amokka 202, a 2m composite plank made by Frank Fessler saw the light and sky for the first time. Here is a video from the plane under god conditions, 5Btf and no ballast:

https://vimeo.com/222033552


looks like it does all, what we have hoped for.

vh Peter
Makes you want to shout 'Whee'
Beautifully flown.And what a valley! "God conditions"is an excellent description,(spell error I presume)
Custom airfoils?
Jun 19, 2017, 09:03 AM
less is more
Knoll53's Avatar
Is this raw video?
From the jerky pans, it appears to be speeded up.

Nice glider !

Kent
Jun 19, 2017, 03:33 PM
Registered User
Man, I want to be there. The ship looks alive when on the wing. Tell us more.
Jun 19, 2017, 04:04 PM
You know nothing....
Stuart A's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by low down and dry
Man, I want to be there. The ship looks alive when on the wing. Tell us more.
Peter is the plank guruHave you seen the Gizmo?
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...81085-Gizmo-36
Jun 19, 2017, 04:48 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Is this raw video?
From the jerky pans, it appears to be speeded up.
Mahlzeit
You mean the video or Amokka?
The video is not speeded up...

Greetz,
Claas
Last edited by claas; Jun 19, 2017 at 05:00 PM.
Jun 19, 2017, 07:43 PM
less is more
Knoll53's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by claas
The video is not speeded up...
That is one fast glider !
Jun 19, 2017, 08:23 PM
Herk
HerkS's Avatar
Too bad that the person manning the video doesn't realize that we folks who are not present would like to see what the aircraft looks like close up on the ground. Maybe you have some photos ???
Jun 20, 2017, 12:28 AM
You know nothing....
Stuart A's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerkS
Too bad that the person manning the video doesn't realize that we folks who are not present would like to see what the aircraft looks like close up on the ground. Maybe you have some photos ???
Found a build log
http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...377-Amokka-202
Jun 20, 2017, 01:57 AM
Registered User
hej all

yeah god conditions.....a Freudian slip maybe :-)
The plane is comercially available: http://www.drops-factory.com/amokka-202/

I also did a small article in the German Aufwind Magazin about the plane. Maybe I can do a wrap up here (have to talk with the editor). I will also soon release the airfoils of the Amokka 1:
The Amokka Plank video (6 min 23 sec)
together with an article more.
I will publish the airfoils here too. They are somewhat similar to these of the Amokka 202.

If you have some more specific questions I am happy to answer them.

yours Peter....but remember, I am not impartial :-()


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Amokka 202 Peter Wick Slope 10 Jun 27, 2017 05:57 PM
Discussion Amokka Race Plank Peter Wick Slope 61 Apr 18, 2017 04:23 PM
Discussion Amokka 2.0 Peter Wick Multi Task F3X 17 Aug 29, 2012 04:09 AM
GP 1/4 Giles-202 vs CMPro Giles-202 1.40 pvilkas Fuel Plane Talk 2 Aug 07, 2007 10:02 AM