This thread is privately moderated by Ducati Mechanic, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 19, 2017, 02:43 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Thread OP
Discussion

Extreme flight Xpwr 35cc 74" laser EXP combo

I few years ago I sold my beloved E power 78" Extra EXP to fund a very special project. I had to concentrate on other things,but have been content flying 60" and 48" freestyle aircraft to stay in the grove. The last year I've had the Itch to get another large aircraft. I had to take into consideration that I also purchased a new Dodge Challenger,and sold my old A4 Wagon(plane hauler).
After careful consideration I decided the 74 inch laser exp would be the perfect airplane for me, and it should just fit in my car. Worst case scenario? I would have to make the rudder removable, or lay it on its side for transport.
One of the main reasons I picked the 74 inch laser was because It was designed around a purpose built 35cc electric motor!! Finally a reliable, affordable, large scale brushless Motor, that was designed for the airplane! Let me first say that in the past I've made every mistake possible! Tried to save money by mixing and matching generic components and this never ends well. This time around I went right down the extreme flight list and clicked every box that they recommend! Right down to the extensions and aluminum servo arms. They even make their own motor stand off kit,and have a downloadable template for drilling the firewall.
I've always been a big fan of Extreme Flight, but now that they've taken all the guesswork out of building a reliable high performance aircraft? I'm really hooked!
My 74 build went like most extreme flight builds. Smooth and organized. Fit and finish is at an all-time high for the company. They also have worked tirelessly to upgrade and tweak these aircraft to perfection. One of the things I noticed immediately was the size of the fuselage! When assembled this airplane dwarfs 10-year-old 50cc aircraft! The control services are massive, and the wing design has evolved into the most rigid plane I've owned! With an airplane of this size and weight don't skimp on servos! I went with five Savox 1270TG's on 8v and I'm glad I did! The servos do not hunt or Jitter, and with 500 oz/in torque they definitely don't blow back.
The laser went together quickly and dose not disappoint! On 12s yes 50v! the 35cc electric motor and edge 120esc outperform its gas equivalent,and my expectations!
Oh yeah! And it fits in my car! uprite with the rudder permanently attached. Leaving plenty of room for a couple of 60 inch aircraft.
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Jun 19, 2017 at 03:17 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply