Jun 17, 2017, 12:42 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Any FPV Pilots on Long Island?

Trying to find some cool people to get into racing with, on long island down to fly whenever PM me
to remove ads between posts
Jun 18, 2017, 11:31 AM
FPV is not a Crime
FPV Addiction.
http://www.fpvaddiction.com/
Jun 25, 2017, 11:30 AM
I live on LI! Shoot me a PM
Mar 01, 2018, 04:06 PM
Jeremy "Standupnfall"
I live in NYC but fly out in Huntington a few times a month. Also a couple places in queens.
Mar 11, 2018, 09:03 PM
i fly both queens and Suffolk county
Mar 16, 2018, 09:55 AM
commit an act of aviation
FYI, because you really should be aware, I highly doubt there is anywhere you can legally fly in Queens. You need to be 5 miles or more away from an airport to fly hobby anything unless you have ATC clearance, and that airspace is not where you want to test how aggressively the FAA will police that. I just got through studying for my part 107, and it is surprising how limiting the 5 miles radius rule is, but IMHO flying anywhere around NYC is taboo. Good luck, I don't mean to ruffle your feathers, my intention is to inform not to criticize.

good luck, happy landings
May 01, 2018, 07:27 PM
Just moved to Huntington from Nassau county and looking for some good places to fly.
May 11, 2018, 09:00 AM
Sippin' on Kool Aid
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronredbaron View Post
FYI, because you really should be aware, I highly doubt there is anywhere you can legally fly in Queens. You need to be 5 miles or more away from an airport to fly hobby anything unless you have ATC clearance, and that airspace is not where you want to test how aggressively the FAA will police that. I just got through studying for my part 107, and it is surprising how limiting the 5 miles radius rule is, but IMHO flying anywhere around NYC is taboo. Good luck, I don't mean to ruffle your feathers, my intention is to inform not to criticize.

good luck, happy landings
You can call JFK and usually they are fine. I fly within the bravo all the time without problems.
Oct 04, 2018, 09:28 PM
Hey! I'm on Long Island as well and just starting to get into FPV. I'm still new and trying to get my first quadcopter up and running and then will surely be down for some flying in the Suffolk County area.
Oct 04, 2018, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayzore View Post
Hey! I'm on Long Island as well and just starting to get into FPV. I'm still new and trying to get my first quadcopter up and running and then will surely be down for some flying in the Suffolk County area.
Come fly some gates at fpv addiction when u ready!
Just remember no membership required to fly first few times but AMA is a must
Nov 16, 2018, 08:43 AM
Any Tiny Whoop events next week? I moved from LI a few years ago, but visit frequently and in town for Thanksgiving. Anyone flying?
Oct 03, 2019, 10:27 AM
rainy days suck
I live in Miller Place, I fly with a few guys every weekend or so. We even have our own air gates too. We try to hit bando's or other non-frequented areas. Would love to have our group grow, so your welcome to reach out.
May 27, 2020, 07:44 PM
2020 Multigp Qualifier Track (0 min 54 sec)

You all welcome to Fpv addiction in Coram, ny!
Oct 07, 2020, 12:44 PM
rainy days suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muaahhhh View Post
https://youtu.be/D7aG7gXsMvw

You all welcome to Fpv addiction in Coram, ny!
is AMA still a requirement? if so thanks but no thanks, I'd rather spend my money on gear vs. a scam.

Edit: implying AMA membership being the scam, not your field. Lose the membership requirement and that would be a diff story.
Nov 05, 2020, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROT8TION View Post
is AMA still a requirement? if so thanks but no thanks, I'd rather spend my money on gear vs. a scam.

Edit: implying AMA membership being the scam, not your field. Lose the membership requirement and that would be a diff story.
Got cha but yes ama is a must have to fly the field, simply insurance purpose in case thing happens.
As far as scam goes, my club member have claimed once and it worked out.

Quick Reply