Pb battery charging. X4 AC Pro - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 16, 2017, 06:00 PM
Total Noob
Discussion

Pb battery charging. X4 AC Pro

When charging Pb batteries on a X4 AC Pro, does it do a three stage program (bulk, absorption and float)?

It is for 12v 9Ah SLA battery. Adding a boat to the collection and looking for a do it all charger.

Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2017, 10:56 AM
To tell you the truth I am not totally certain of the exact procedure it uses to charge Pb batteries, Pb batteries make up approximately 1% of batteries that are charged with our chargers and we seldom get questions about them. This is the first time someone has asked the exact charge process for them. All I know is that it is capable of charging them- the charger will not 'trickle' charge the battery after the process completes, it will terminate the charge entirely at this point.
Jun 19, 2017, 04:32 PM
Total Noob
Thanks for the response. I kinda expected that based on the documentation in the manual. I think only small portion of the scale boats use Pb (sla) batteries.

My guess is that the charger may start with a CC charge to 80% then it tops off in CV mode, similar to the LiPo mode.

This will work since I have a stand alone trickle charger.

I'll try directly with Hitec support.

Aloha!
Jun 20, 2017, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfTug808
My guess is that the charger may start with a CC charge to 80% then it tops off in CV mode, similar to the LiPo mode.
This may be the case, these are hobby grade chargers and they all utilize very similar processes for charging batteries- a quick internet search may turn up results on how hobby chargers process Pb batteries.

Quote:
I'll try directly with Hitec support.
Just for your future reference, I am direct Hitec Customer Support
Jun 20, 2017, 04:33 PM
Total Noob
Nice. Keep that for future reference.

Corp. CS could no help so I emailed SkyRC. Still waiting.

My research did turn up some of your legacy chargers did have a trickle charge setting for NiMh, LiPo and Pb, but not too much else.

Thanks for the help.