Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 16, 2017, 03:10 AM
FPV IN THE SKY
Help!

Screen randomly switches to black and white

Hi!

I have a problem here:
Whenever I get only a small interruption in my signal, the image in my goggles/screen turns black and white.
Reconnecting the screen solves the problem.

But now I use a FPV camera switcher. So every time I switch, there is a small interruption in the signal and my screen goes black and white.
powercycling the screen with every switch is not an option.

Switching from the RMRC Vrx to one from GetFPV makes the black and white issue occur only about every 3rd switching instead of every signal little signal interruption.

Please look at the video to see what exactly happens:
Black and White Issue (1 min 11 sec)

One camera is mounted in the front on a pan servo, the other is on the tail and one is looking down. This one obviously shows a black image while the plane is standing on the floor.

I have tried:
-different 1.2 GHz transmitter/receiver combinations
-different goggles/screens
-different antenna options
-with and without OSD

I really have no Ideas left....

Thanks for your help!!
to remove ads between posts
Jun 16, 2017, 08:55 AM
Team AlienWarpSquad
That is just the LOW LIGHT and the Camera switches to B&W.
Try it OUTSIDE in sun light.
Jun 16, 2017, 02:00 PM
FPV IN THE SKY
I allready have. Same result.
If it was the cam, how could turning the screen off and on again fix the problem?
Can you give me any other hints?
Jun 16, 2017, 02:32 PM
Team AlienWarpSquad
I'll Guess the monitor has a Composite Video input using an RCA jack.
If so try feeding it from a composite output of a VCR/DVD player.
Jun 18, 2017, 01:02 AM
Does the monitor have a shared composite/component video input? It may be losing the colorburst just long enough for it to think it's receiving a the luminance signal from component video and switching accordingly. If that's the case then there probably isn't much you can do other than switch to a different monitor.