HHAEFI 2017: October 12-14 2017 - Page 9 - RC Groups
Oct 12, 2017, 06:54 PM
Foam is good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapor Trails
Just brought the RV home, then back to the office, then off to a concert, then load up the RV, and out first thing in the morning (maybe not the first thing.... definitely after 8am)
Have fun and be safe!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 16, 2017, 08:28 AM
Home.....great seeing everyone!
Oct 16, 2017, 08:49 AM
Had a blast at HHAEFI, everything was great, lessons where learned, like Mini quad guys are oblivous to helicopters and their whirling katanas of death, or that wing bolts are much more effective when they stay in the wing.

It was great seeing everyone and did some great flying.
Oct 16, 2017, 11:38 AM
3d and EDF, some scale
Had a blast as well! Did more flying those 3 days than in the last few months combined!! Thanks for the hospitality and will be back next year!
Oct 16, 2017, 07:35 PM
Registered Foam Abuser
I had a great time. It was good to see some old friends and make some new ones too. The time there just seems to go by at warp speed. The night flying game has stepped up since the last time I experienced it. The night wing gaggles were too cool. The one night flyer that really caught my eye was Greg's 48" Joker. To me it looked like an alien bird of pray feeding. Not a real fancy light job but very well executed. Great silent power system. I don't think most people saw this bird as it was on the other end of the field away from most.
Oct 16, 2017, 08:04 PM
Carbon chucker, foam hucker
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggiba
I had a great time. It was good to see some old friends and make some new ones too. The time there just seems to go by at warp speed. The night flying game has stepped up since the last time I experienced it. The night wing gaggles were too cool. The one night flyer that really caught my eye was Greg's 48" Joker. To me it looked like an alien bird of pray feeding. Not a real fancy light job but very well executed. Great silent power system. I don't think most people saw this bird as it was on the other end of the field away from most.

Was it lit up in red LEDs? If so I saw it and really like it. Plans or a link to it?
Oct 16, 2017, 08:40 PM
Registered Foam Abuser
Yea red LED's. I told him he needed to add some "eyes". It's the 48" Joker by Flyingfoam.com.
All of Greg's planes are well sorted, makes me want to pick my game up some.
I'm going to order one as soon as I get my debit card sorted out. On the way down to the event at 5:30am I get blown up by texts from my bank. Someone in California is using my card. Waiting on a new card LOL.
Oct 16, 2017, 09:13 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Still exhausted. So much fun!

HUGE thanks to the Hounds for dinner Saturday, those fellas really put on a feast!
Oct 19, 2017, 09:54 AM
RCG Admin
Looks like everyone had a great time. I didn't work out for me to get down this time, but I'm putting it on the calendar for next year.
Oct 19, 2017, 10:54 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
What events do you plan on attending this next season?

You going to make it over to the Frosty Dog, or any Chili Fly-Ins?

I look forward to reconnecting with you and flying PPGs
There was one other at HHAEFI... these are so much fun!!!
Yesterday, 08:47 AM
aka Ranger Bill
Had a blast as usual, can't wait for next year. Even though I wrecked my P2 Prometheus, (Pilot induced error) I couldn't have had a better time. My wife had fun, we all had fun. No drama, no angst, no bad memories. Great weather, albeit a bit warm... but clear skies and light winds all week made it spectacular.

Being a part of the memorial to Dave was something special that I will never forget.
Yesterday, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiremanBill
Had a blast as usual, can't wait for next year. Even though I wrecked my P2 Prometheus, (Pilot induced error) I couldn't have had a better time. My wife had fun, we all had fun. No drama, no angst, no bad memories. Great weather, albeit a bit warm... but clear skies and light winds all week made it spectacular.

Being a part of the memorial to Dave was something special that I will never forget.
Bill,

I wouldn't call it "pilot induced error"...more like a "mechanic induced error". Oh wait, since the mechanic and pilot are one in the same...but no, as we agreed, it was Glenn's fault. :-)

I didn't know Dave, however, that was an outstanding, truly beautiful, memorial...I know I won't forget it.

Sean